: Thinking about upgrading to a new V

carterb
10-23-11, 03:15 PM
I'm currently thinking about selling / trading my 2008 CTS for a new CTS-V sedan. Although I have owned since new, and still like the "old" car with 46k miles, my heart has been always been for a V. Anything I need to know about the new car, ie, common issues besides premium gas, fuel mileage, traffic speeding tickets, etc ? I already know / have experienced the various CTS issues discussed over this forum over the past 4 years. It may be a couple months before I do anything for sure.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks.

Carter

mrl859
10-23-11, 03:47 PM
HORRIBLE gas mileage. Who cares?

neuronbob
10-23-11, 06:15 PM
Wheel clicking, sunroof issues, not much else, and what there is hit-or-miss. The V is actually quite reliable. I have had the wheel clicking but that is easily dealt with. I am now just over 30k miles in just over 2 1/2 years in my 2009 and it has been almost bulletproof. The only other issues I had were rear diff groaning, fixed with fluid change, and both front door handles replaced. Buy with confidence.

carterb
10-23-11, 06:54 PM
I will not be getting the sunroof on the next one. Also trying to decide whether I want to get the expensive Recaro seats - I'm hearing mixed signals on the forums and internet regarding comfort and adjustment. None of the dealers here have cars with these seats to try out for size. I have never had issues with my CTS standard seats from a comfort standpoint . I appreciate any additional input here. Thanks.

neuronbob
10-23-11, 07:07 PM
I have the regular seats and they are fine for me. There is a looooooooooong thread on Recaros vs. regular seats if you search through the forum.

stabie
10-23-11, 10:26 PM
I switched from a 08 CTS sedan to a 11 Vagon. I got the recaro's. I was not as happy as you with the regular CTS seats, although they were heated cooled in my 08. I think on the V's, you must get the recaros to get cooled seats. I live in TX, so cooled seats are especially nice. I bought off the lot, but probably would have gotten a sunroof again had I a choice. I liked the sunroof for the openness it gives the cabin. After not having a sunroof, I don;t know. The radio sounds better without sunroof I think. Mileage is awful, and at times I miss the mileage of the regular engine. The handling/engine note/power of of the V is awesome. I expected more power but I was not expecting the handling to be so dramatically different on the V.

needspeed
10-24-11, 12:54 AM
Dont think, just do :D .....Life is short. I am ordering a CTS-V coupe next week loaded to the gills........Steve

marktanner
10-24-11, 09:36 AM
Went from '08 FE3 to '09 with Recaros. The V is way better, and I love the Recaros, too. IMO, way more comfortable for long drives, and also also necessary to stay in place for spirited driving on curvy roads. No regrets after 2 1/2 years. My sunroof is pretty good too, with only occasional creaks.

Trapspeed
10-24-11, 09:56 PM
I'd have to second a lot of what's already been said. The wheel issue bothers me the most (second only to the blower isolator rattle) but my car has 36K+ on it and so far it's the most solid headturner I've ever owned. I love it.

carterb
12-07-11, 11:55 PM
Well, I took the plunge today and traded the CTS in for a new gray CTS-v sedan. What a ride !

Ste_V_e
12-08-11, 06:33 AM
Congrats! Do you mind if I ask you how much you paid? Enjoy it in good health.
Thanks
-Steve

xlr_x
12-08-11, 07:19 AM
congrats enjoy it

SecretWeapon
12-08-11, 08:26 AM
Good choice. You will not be bored.

Gary Wells
12-08-11, 10:13 AM
Congratulations on your new CTS-V in Thunder Grey.

tinman
12-08-11, 11:52 AM
Nice. Post some pix.

Presence Distribution
12-08-11, 01:51 PM
You'll love the V!

carterb
12-08-11, 10:53 PM
Congrats! Do you mind if I ask you how much you paid? Enjoy it in good health.
Thanks
-Steve After TTL and my car, including GM supplier, other discounts, and all dust settled, about 35K.

carterb
12-08-11, 11:06 PM
Quick pic of my car:

neuronbob
12-09-11, 11:26 AM
Congrats on the new V!

Did you end up with Recaros? Either way, I agree with the poster who said you will never be bored in this car. I'm certainly not.

carterb
12-09-11, 10:45 PM
Congrats on the new V!

Did you end up with Recaros? Either way, I agree with the poster who said you will never be bored in this car. I'm certainly not.
Thanks.

No, I didn't get any extra options on the car ... didn't want them. Just thunder grey exterior, ebony interior.

blkvcts09
12-13-11, 02:46 PM
I really have'nt had any problems with my 09-other than having to drive it from one gas station to another. That may have something to do with my right foot.

sirjames
12-14-11, 02:34 PM
The CTS and the V are tow totally different cars. GO FOR THE V unless you need AWD