: So 3800 status finally and should be in next week ...

velopod
10-23-11, 10:47 AM
2012 Vagon, Black Diamond, all options (hope the sunroof is quiet) ;-)

So the wait is tough as we all know. Did the sports car and SUV for winter for too long, and wanted just one vehicle (I haul a lot of bikes around all the time) and the CTS-V wagon appears to be the perfect vehicle for me. Test drive (well, sedan) sealed the deal over a Cayenne Turbo and others. Already ordered some Pirelli Sottozeros since they are on back order until the end of Nov which should be about perfect in my neck of the woods.

So, reason for the long winded post was to say Hi and for a wheel question. Yes, I've searched around as I hate repeat questions from forum newbies as much as the next guy. I plan on putting Pirelli Sottozeros on the stock rims and transfer the stock PS2's to some new rims. Rim tastes vary tremendously, but I like the open mesh types for this car. Going to stick with 19" to use the stock tires. Prefer forged vs. cast of course for weight/strength. Not into the black wheels (looks cool, just not my style). But I also don't like plain silver - love the gray/gunmetal type. Looking around a lot, the HREs fit the bill, but 7K+ plus just seems a bit much. Seems lots of forum love for the Vossen wheels, but aren't they cast? Yuk. Found these Forgestar wheels that come in all offsets, gunmetal, open mesh, slightly deep dish rear, rotary forged, and a reasonable price ($1,700 set).

http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheelsf14.php

Anyone have any info about these wheels? What about the TPMS sensors? I like the TSW Nurbrigrings as well and I've seen some just going sans TPMS, but why? Yes, will post photos of course! Will have plenty of other questions later (spring) since I already have a 1/4 mile date lined up with a friend in a mildly modded Z06 and I'd need a little help to take him down ;-)

M5eater
10-23-11, 07:17 PM
Per section 14, paragrah 7 line 85,

Pictures of E90 M3's are dis-allowed from being posted, and is enforceable via ban

As for the orginal question, I'll give a free bump.

voltrons_head
10-23-11, 07:25 PM
^lol :banned:

Anyway, I saw a V with TSW Nurbrigrings today and they look great. I like them better than these Forgestars.

velopod
10-23-11, 07:25 PM
Per section 14, paragrah 7 line 85,

As for the orginal question, I'll give a free bump.

LOL! Thanks for the bump - didn't read that paragraph, but thanks, since I do currently own an e92 ;-)

M5eater
10-23-11, 07:35 PM
LOL! Thanks for the bump - didn't read that paragraph, but thanks, since I do currently own an e92 ;-)

E92's are all good :D