: I have day time running lights and no dims...

Barb St. Godard
10-21-11, 08:59 PM
I have daytime running lights, but when the sensor notes it is dark, I have no dims. Only brights and daytime running lights which are not enough to drive at night with. Any help with this?

Cooper10
10-22-11, 05:16 AM
Sounds like you have a Base or Luxury with standard factory halogens headlights. The halogen bulbs do not light up the road at night unless you use the brights and blind on coming traffic. The two major design flaws with the 2010+
SRX is lousy fast A/C cooling on hot days over 82 degrees when parked outside and bad headlight illumination at night. The next vehicle that I consider for purchase will have HID headlights and I will test the a/c system on the hottest day in August parked outside in the dealer parking light in the bright sun. I have the Luxury Collection and I try not to drive at night time due to poor headlights.

sube5186
10-22-11, 09:27 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I think her problem is "no" low beams, not "dim" low beams. If something is mechanically defective, a trip to the dealer is in order. A visit to a forum is no substitute for using your warranty.

Sube

Barb St. Godard
10-23-11, 08:04 PM
I did go to my dealer, and they said my only option was to upgrade my lighting system to the HID for $700.00! Ouch! Thought it might be a programming issue. I had it programmed for the running lights to stay on because I live in Canada. I really thought the DRL's should turn into low beams at night. But no change in brightness......