: My CTS-V to compete in the 2011 OPTIMA Batteries Ultimate Streetcar Invitational

blkCTSv
10-21-11, 11:54 AM
Guys,

I've been invited to compete in the 2011 OPTIMA Batteries Ultimate Streetcar Invitational coming up November 5, 2011 at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump, NV after SEMA. The V will be one of 55 cars in the competition in 5 different categories - Road Racing, Autocross, Speed/Braking, Design, Rally. For those who may be at SEMA this year in Vegas you can get tickets for the competition at www.optimainvitational.com.

I hope to do everyone proud and represent our car.

js615
10-21-11, 02:04 PM
Good luck brother! I have no doubt you'll do the V and this forum proud!

FLYING V
10-21-11, 03:46 PM
That's cool! My buddy will be there with the Raybestos GTO competiting. Gool luck!

readyact
10-21-11, 04:27 PM
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blkCTSv
10-31-11, 02:16 PM
:skull:The car made it to Vegas for the SEMA show. It will be there all week then out to Spring Moutain for the competition. Look what fell out of the wheel well after backing it into the shop. Classic - I wonder if they scored me with a cone penalty!!!!82230

6DN69
10-31-11, 03:35 PM
Haaa! You should see what falls out of my V's wheel well after my wife drives! LOL :suspense:

BigJoeD
10-31-11, 04:55 PM
It's impressive that you got selected. Only the few and the proud get selected for that event. WOWSERS!!

JimmyH
10-31-11, 07:26 PM
:skull:The car made it to Vegas for the SEMA show. It will be there all week then out to Spring Moutain for the competition. Look what fell out of the wheel well after backing it into the shop. Classic - I wonder if they scored me with a cone penalty!!!!82230

Could be worse. Last autocross, there was a guy telling me how he sucked a cone up into his serpentine.

blkCTSv
10-31-11, 07:44 PM
Could be worse. Last autocross, there was a guy telling me how he sucked a cone up into his serpentine.

ouch! Yeah, that wouldn't of been fun. Funny thing was, I drove home from the track, drove to the shop (probably 100 mile in total) and did hear, feel or see a thing! Then the guys were backing it in slowly - and walla! A Cone was Born - just popped out! I'm still cracking up.

haterinc
10-31-11, 10:31 PM
ouch! Yeah, that wouldn't of been fun. Funny thing was, I drove home from the track, drove to the shop (probably 100 mile in total) and did hear, feel or see a thing! Then the guys were backing it in slowly - and walla! A Cone was Born - just popped out! I'm still cracking up.

Wow I was wondering how ou couldn't have heard it?! Buried in there.

GMX322V S/C
11-01-11, 09:15 AM
Good luck Bob!