Cadillac Owners Forum banner

94 STS head gasket question

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  postman2000 
#1 ·
My 94 STS has a bad head gasket. Lot of white smoke on first start up but smoke goes away after about 2 minutes. Car does not overheat yet. My question is this- how can I tell which head gasket is bad? If car had true dual exhaust, I would be able to tell which head was bad. If I disconnect exhaust at cat, do you think I would be able to see which head smoke was coming from? I was also thinking of removing the front O2 sensor and see if smoke comes out from there. If I have a bad front head gasket, I may just repair that head so I can do it while engine is in car ( I know, both heads should get done).

#4 ·
I just pulled the front O2 sensor and started it up. Some smoke came out but not much. Still coming out exhaust. Both head gaskets have to be changed. I might try and sell as is or I'll just stud it in the spring. Other than the head gasket, car runs and looks great. New tires all around and all new brakes. Too nice of a car just to get rid of for peanuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.