: A/c?

cadillacdeville
10-31-04, 01:21 AM
Ok I have a 1977 DeVille the A/C works and is cold however it does not blow out what I would call good or even desent for that matter if you sit back in the seat and have the A/C on high you can barly feel it I replaced the blower motor with a new one and still nothing so I raised the hood with the A/C on high and noticed large very large amounts of air escapeing through the mesh screen just below the window and more from and opening where the heater core tubes come through but the air was warm not hot but not as cold as the A/C. I've taken apart the place where the blower motor is and cleaned it all but still no drastic improvement any help would be much appreciated.

evilrussian
11-01-04, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure about '77 but later ones have a vacuum operated vent selector. It should be located somwhere behind the glove box. It is possible that it has gone bad and flaps inside the distribution box are stuck inbetween different modes, meaning that the air is mixed from the heater or from the outside.

cadillacdeville
11-02-04, 12:21 AM
yeah I checked that A/C programer and it seemed fine and I checked to see if the doors opened properly and they do but air still doesn't seem to blow out very hard