: TPW 10-17 V-Wagon Orders... any updates?

NickCat
10-19-11, 08:23 PM
I wrote to Larry at GMConnect, and he said the guy who processes the status updates didn't get them in for yesterday or today. Thought maybe it was a problem with the system.

The last update I have was the 3400 status from the 13th of this month. According to their FAQ we should be getting daily updates through their site once they TPW has been reached.

Have any of you gotten any updates on the cars?

dcc8203
10-20-11, 02:13 PM
I've already gotten my Vagon, but I found the updates to be much slower than the FAQ says. I actually heard from my dealer before the website updated me. I think they are faster on Chevrolets than Caddys.

GM-4-LIFE
10-20-11, 05:31 PM
I wrote to Larry at GMConnect, and he said the guy who processes the status updates didn't get them in for yesterday or today. Thought maybe it was a problem with the system.

The last update I have was the 3400 status from the 13th of this month. According to their FAQ we should be getting daily updates through their site once they TPW has been reached.

Have any of you gotten any updates on the cars?

The selling dealer should be keeping you up to date on your order and would be the one I would call for the most up to date order info.

When I ordered my V Coupe, my dealer kept me up to date constantly via email which was nice. Took the guesswork out of the entire process.

peso611
10-20-11, 07:22 PM
I used camarotracking.com and they were pretty accurate but they only track up to i believe 3100.

adrian-s
10-20-11, 08:27 PM
Mine was updated, at 3800, built. The TPW was 10/10, and the change to 3800 happened on 10/18, and cadillacconnects updated the status on 10/20.

No more updates on their site from here out from what I understand. The dealership says it is in transit to the rail yard to head south.

-adrian

NickCat
10-21-11, 10:56 AM
I just called the dealer it's still at 3400 right now as of the 10th. Looks like it's eminent enough for me to get up to the dealer and finish the financing. The day of delivery is going to be a PITA, we don't have temp plates in MA, so I have to get insurance, of course, and a license plate before I can drive it off the lot.

adrian-s
10-21-11, 08:47 PM
I just called the dealer it's still at 3400 right now as of the 10th. Looks like it's eminent enough for me to get up to the dealer and finish the financing. The day of delivery is going to be a PITA, we don't have temp plates in MA, so I have to get insurance, of course, and a license plate before I can drive it off the lot.

Wow, that's wild. So what would happen if you picked a car off the lot? No immediate ability to buy?

ps- about two days after the build date, I was able to click the VIN number on the cadillacconnects.com website. It gave me a page not found error the first day, and the next day it showed a full vin of the vehicle (albeit it didn't have the proper model photo, but the options were all correct). The dealer was also unable to generate an invoice the day the window sticker link didn't work, but was able to today. I'm unsure how long of a train ride it is from Michigan to Orlando, but hopeful it isn't that long.

-adrian

NickCat
10-21-11, 10:27 PM
Wow, that's wild. So what would happen if you picked a car off the lot? No immediate ability to buy?

ps- about two days after the build date, I was able to click the VIN number on the cadillacconnects.com website. It gave me a page not found error the first day, and the next day it showed a full vin of the vehicle (albeit it didn't have the proper model photo, but the options were all correct). The dealer was also unable to generate an invoice the day the window sticker link didn't work, but was able to today. I'm unsure how long of a train ride it is from Michigan to Orlando, but hopeful it isn't that long.

-adrian

Correct... I'm in MA and buying across state lines in NH. Most times people drive up with the plates from their trade-in and can swap it onto the new car and drive off the lot. Because this isn't replacing a car, but an additional car it gets a bit more complicated. Good news is that my insurance company will go to the DMV for me to get my plate so I don't have to stand in line. But I have to have the original forms from the dealership. Shouldn't be a problem once I have a VIN and purchase the car, before I have to go back to pick it up with plates in hand.

I'm hoping the train ride from MI to NH is a short one! ;)

adrian-s
10-24-11, 05:29 PM
No railcar information for me yet. Anyone else get data, and if so, how difficult was it to get?

NickCat
10-26-11, 02:48 PM
It's getting closer!!!

Calling the dealership today to get the financing done ahead of time.