: clutch sticking on cold starts

Overd0s3
10-19-11, 12:02 AM
I have an 06 cts-v with 50k on it. On cold starts my clutch pedal sticks halfway. It goes away and acts normally after about 15 minutes of driving. I noticed it's a lot worse the colder the weather is. I put new fluid in using the method of pulling it out from the reservoir, filling it up, driving, rinse repeat.
Currently the fluid is as clear as can be with no particles in it.
If I turn it off and come back an hour or 2 later it is still fine.
Any ideas?

mberisha
10-19-11, 08:58 AM
How cold is it where you at.....?

I have a similar issue when it drops below 25F....the pedal will rise VERY slowly until the car is warm....

WesH8398
10-19-11, 12:50 PM
My '06 just recently started doing this too, and it's not even cold here yet. And it was doing it before AND after a fluid bleed/replacement (with a Motive bleeder). Mine will do it even after I've been driving around and everything's warmed up. Randomly on a shift my clutch action will be waaay down neat the floor, so I'll let it out too fast and jerk the shit out of the car. I just have to pull the pedal back up to the top with my toe, and it goes back to normal; otherwise it'll just stay that way and continue to shift fine, just with the action being down at the floor.

Overd0s3
10-21-11, 09:09 AM
My '06 just recently started doing this too, and it's not even cold here yet. And it was doing it before AND after a fluid bleed/replacement (with a Motive bleeder). Mine will do it even after I've been driving around and everything's warmed up. Randomly on a shift my clutch action will be waaay down neat the floor, so I'll let it out too fast and jerk the shit out of the car. I just have to pull the pedal back up to the top with my toe, and it goes back to normal; otherwise it'll just stay that way and continue to shift fine, just with the action being down at the floor.
This is EXACTLY what mine it doing. It isn't even that cold here yet! Around 50 F at worst.. Im lost..