: Who Needs the Cadillac Emblems ?

daacon
10-30-04, 10:18 PM
I have a 92' Deville. Cadillac displayed proudly on the hood ornament, the trunk key hole protector and one symbol on either side of the roof at the rear

The other night in a parking lot someone obviously needed them more than I :madtalkin - I was left with one of the emblems on the roof (must of been hard to come off)

Just pi$$es me off - gotta be some damn kids .............

Anyone know where I can get some replacements ? Boy if I hadda walked out at the right time :lildevil:

majax
10-31-04, 02:39 AM
Ebay or dealer.

your stolen piece is likely on ebay.

Ralph
10-31-04, 03:20 AM
That's unbelievable! Hope you find some cheap ones. Classifieds, but that might be a long shot.

klebrun
10-31-04, 03:22 AM
I have a 92' Deville. Cadillac displayed proudly on the hood ornament, the trunk key hole protector and one symbol on either side of the roof at the rear

The other night in a parking lot someone obviously needed them more than I :madtalkin - I was left with one of the emblems on the roof (must of been hard to come off)

Just pi$$es me off - gotta be some damn kids .............

Anyone know where I can get some replacements ? Boy if I hadda walked out at the right time :lildevil:

Makes you wish that you could hook up some electrical current to the emblems and watch the theivin' bastards fry!! :bighead:

daacon
10-31-04, 11:20 AM
Makes you wish that you could hook up some electrical current to the emblems and watch the theivin' bastards fry!! :bighead:

Yeah a nice loud RoboCop voice would have been cool to. STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE - 6'2'' -220LBS OWNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED - PHOTO HAS BEEN DISPATCHED (3 sec pause) - IDENTIFCATION CONFIRMED. YOU WILL BE KILLED - RESISTANCE IS FUTILE :lildevil:

E-bay serch has begun - may be able to find most of the parts.

94CaddyConcours
10-31-04, 05:07 PM
Im not gonna lie, i have about 15 or 20 emblems, i get them from the junk yard. i usually collect them.

daacon
10-31-04, 05:27 PM
Im not gonna lie, i have about 15 or 20 emblems, i get them from the junk yard. i usually collect them.

Cool so do you have the Chrome versions (1992 Sedan Deville)

Side Roof Emblems
Hood Oranament
Trunk Lock protector (what is it called )
Chrome Leaf Surrounding trunk lock ?

If you have collected these and are willing to part with them PM me and maybe we can work something out.

thx.............dy

chevyorange
11-08-04, 03:48 PM
Since we're talkin' emblems... someone ripped my '94 STS grill badge off and I'm having a helluva time finding one... if anyone has one.. have cash, will buy!

Adam

Msilva954
11-08-04, 06:17 PM
Some kids in my class go to the junk yards and make necklaces out of them......stupid asses........but if someone took the gold plated emloms off mine I would crap my pants.

chevyorange
11-08-04, 06:19 PM
Oh, I am livid, don't get me wrong. And that was before I found out that Cadillac only sells the whole grill to get the emblem... and that emblems on eBay are going for $90!

Someone out there must be able to help me!

Adam

klebrun
11-09-04, 05:04 AM
Oh, I am livid, don't get me wrong. And that was before I found out that Cadillac only sells the whole grill to get the emblem... and that emblems on eBay are going for $90!

Someone out there must be able to help me!

Adam

If it happened around your home, you might want to hold off on putting another one on your car until you can garage it, cover it, or something to that effect. Otherwise, they will probably be back to take the new one. Happened to my dad's Chrysler pentastar ornament. I don't doubt you'll be out for blood if it happens again.

airbalancer
11-09-04, 07:02 AM
Just tell the wife you got the emblems, but they came on a new STS :D

chevyorange
11-09-04, 01:00 PM
The car is always garaged, this happened in another city, while shopping, as far as I can tell.

I guess I'm gonna have to pay out the booya.

Adam

daacon
11-15-04, 04:27 PM
Follow up - found some that might fit on Ebay - cheap - I purchased them may take a week or two to get here, so I am praying ....

Out of curiosity I phoned a local Caddy dealer - Hood Oranament, Trunk Lock cover , wreath underneath truck lock, 2 small cadillac emblems and wreaths for the side sails (read part of the roof) - total was $392.00 :eek: - and these were chrome plated - probably add another couple hundred for gold :rant2: ..... ummmmmm captive market I guess .....

chevyorange
11-15-04, 04:29 PM
See, the '94 has the emblem on the grill rather than a hood ornament and as far as I can tell they only sell the whole grill replacement with emblem.

Ugh.

Adam

Ralph
11-15-04, 04:40 PM
Follow up - found some that might fit on Ebay - cheap - I purchased them may take a week or two to get here, so I am praying ....

Out of curiosity I phoned a local Caddy dealer - Hood Oranament, Trunk Lock cover , wreath underneath truck lock, 2 small cadillac emblems and wreaths for the side sails (read part of the roof) - total was $392.00 :eek: - and these were chrome plated - probably add another couple hundred for gold :rant2: ..... ummmmmm captive market I guess .....

Would the Caddy dealer sell the gold hood ornament by itself? And how much? I wouldn't mind an extra.

daacon
11-15-04, 04:50 PM
Would the Caddy dealer sell the gold hood ornament by itself? And how much? I wouldn't mind an extra.

Yes I am sure - the price I was quoted for the hood ornament from a local Caddy dealer was $75.15 so phone a GM dealer if you want a new one ....

E-bay has quite a few - not new , but they appear in good shape. I paid $30.00 Cdn for eveything I need (including shipping) - so if it fits :D , even is some of it fits (the Trunck lock is the one I am worried about) beats the H E double hockey sticks out of the dealer deals ....

$75.15 Hood Ornament
$65.00 Emblem (for side of roof) x 2
$31.00 Wreath (for side of roof) x 2
$77.75 Trunk Lock cover
$47.75 Wreath for Trunck Lock
=========================
392.65 + GST + (may require vasoline for lubricant as you are bending over and are getting FU^^'ed )

Edit - checked www.gmotors.com - price (assume USD) are much nicer:
HOOD EMBLEM (25536109) - $29.56
TRUNK LOCK COVER (20731450) - $30.59
WREATH (20737651) - $18.66
SIDE CREST (3540652) - $25.45
SIDE WREATH (25616621) - $12.30

Checking if they ship to Canada and how much .... :worship:

Ralph
11-15-04, 04:56 PM
(for side of roof)

That's called the "C" pillar btw. The A pillar supports the windshield of any car. The B pillar divides the doors (on a 4 door for ex.) and the C pillar is opposing the rear window.

Until ebay accepts cash, I will never use paypal or anything with my credit card number, etc. If my cash isn't good enough for them they can bend over. :rolleyes2

daacon
11-15-04, 05:04 PM
That's called the "C" pillar btw. The A pillar supports the windshield of any car. The B pillar divides the doors (on a 4 door for ex.) and the C pillar is opposing the rear window.Until ebay accepts cash, I will never use paypal or anything with my credit card number, etc. If my cash isn't good enough for them they can bend over. :rolleyes2

Thx for the lingo ....

Ebay and cash that'll be the day - most all Credit card companies are very good against fradualent charges these days. What you might want to consider is getting a Credit Card speficially for Ebay like tranascations with a small limit (like $500 ) - or some Credit Card companies offer a "one time nr" where baically you put in the amount you want to charge and they generate a credit card number and expirey date that will validate.

No worse than giving your credit card to some waiter type to go off and 'process it' - nothing preventing them from writing down the numbers ..
anyway it is a comfort thing and I understand ....lots of villans out there....

daacon
11-23-04, 05:30 PM
My Friendly Caddy Dealer :bonkers:
$75.15 Hood Ornament
$77.75 Trunk Lock cover
392.65 + GST + (may require vasoline for lubricant as you are bending over and are getting FU^^'ed )

www.gmotors.com : :helpless:

Ebay ==> $30.00 Cdn (Delivered)
So far Hood Ornament fits :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
C-Pillar Emblems Fits :thumbsup:
Unsure at this point if Chrome Leaf and Trunk Lock Cover fits Still a bargain. Worse case is order them from gmotors for $50.00 so get it all for < 100 instead of $400.00 from the 'stealer' ..I mean dealer

chevyorange
11-23-04, 05:44 PM
Yes I am sure - the price I was quoted for the hood ornament from a local Caddy dealer was $75.15 so phone a GM dealer if you want a new one ....

E-bay has quite a few - not new , but they appear in good shape. I paid $30.00 Cdn for eveything I need (including shipping) - so if it fits :D , even is some of it fits (the Trunck lock is the one I am worried about) beats the H E double hockey sticks out of the dealer deals ....

$75.15 Hood Ornament
$77.75 Trunk Lock cover

Edit - checked www.gmotors.com - price (assume USD) are much nicer:

Checking if they ship to Canada and how much .... :worship:

I almost bid on that auction, I think, but it wasn't exactly what I needed!!

Adam

daacon
11-24-04, 08:14 AM
I almost bid on that auction, I think, but it wasn't exactly what I needed!!

Adam

I wasn't sure either - but for $30.00 was willing to take a chance :D