: Importing New US Cadillac's to Canada

concorso
10-17-11, 11:46 AM
Whats the latest on this issue? There is still a $10k difference between the US and Canadian V prices... Will GM honor warranty up here? Will it be on Canadian or American warranty terms? I read somewhere that they wont offer warranty for the 1st 6 months its in Canada, after that you are safe. IS this the case?

garfin
10-17-11, 01:07 PM
Whats the latest on this issue? There is still a $10k difference between the US and Canadian V prices... Will GM honor warranty up here? Will it be on Canadian or American warranty terms? I read somewhere that they wont offer warranty for the 1st 6 months its in Canada, after that you are safe. IS this the case?

If you are talking new, the last time I looked, U.S. dealers are required by their franchise agreement to deliver new vehicles to a U.S. address. If you have a relative or a friend who will "buy" the car and then re-sell it to you, then yes - you can save a bundle.
I would suggest that the best path would be to have someone who lives in a state where no sales tax is charged, buy the new vehicle, as you will pay whatever sales tax is applicable in your province when the vehicle is legally imported then into Canada as a used vehicle.
I'm pretty sure there is a 6 month waiting period after which a U.S. vehicle under factory warranty is imported into Canada, before warranty work in Canada will be authorized. A quick call to GM Canada would confirm that.

Best regards,

Elie

concorso
10-17-11, 06:27 PM
I am talking new, yes. Thanks for the help!