: need a northstar motor

black45
10-30-04, 06:45 PM
do any one know where i can get a used northstar motor for a 1995 sts

94CaddyConcours
10-30-04, 09:24 PM
I don't know if this is true but I been searching the net and found this info:

New Engines - Speedway Motors (402) 474-4411 ext. 3048
Factory new Northstar engines for an unbelievable $2500.

Tell me if this is true if you call.

No More Cadillac's
10-31-04, 08:03 AM
It is not true I was desperate for an engine and could not reach them. I believe it was a hoax.

No More Cadillac's
10-31-04, 08:07 AM
You need to research local wrecking yards to find a wreck with the engine intact. Research the VIN number to ascertain mileage. If you buy one that is not in the wreck you may very well be buying an engine that someone removed from a car with the known head gasket or oil usage problems.
Engines intact in the wreck are hard to find and command a premium.

zonie77
10-31-04, 10:45 PM
NoMoreCaD

Speedway is a real place, what happened when you called that # ?

94CaddyConcours
11-04-04, 08:43 PM
Maybe You should try this number for Speedway Motor: 402-323-3210

No More Cadillac's
11-05-04, 01:38 PM
I called and they told me they do not sell Northstar engines for over a year. They had several at one time from Cadillac.

northjerseynick
11-05-04, 01:43 PM
I know somebody that can get you one

STS 310
11-05-04, 05:16 PM
You need to research local wrecking yards to find a wreck with the engine intact. Research the VIN number to ascertain mileage. If you buy one that is not in the wreck you may very well be buying an engine that someone removed from a car with the known head gasket or oil usage problems.
Engines intact in the wreck are hard to find and command a premium.

"the known head gasket and oil problems" man, this guy continues to be a stick in the mud around this forum.

This guy got a lemon, reads some posts about a head gaskets that arent problematic just are not maitained correctly, didnt take the time to read posts about oil consumtion, and all of the sudden he talks of "the known problems"

Give me a break man.

No more Caddys should post "no more threads".

chuck jenkins
11-05-04, 06:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I FOUND THIS ON CRATE ENGINE SITE

Advanced Search
My Basket
Categories
Performance Engines
4cyl Engines
6 cyl Engines
Small Blocks
Big Blocks
Goodwrench Engines
4 cyl engines
6 cyl Engines
8 cyl Engines
Performance Parts
Cylinder Heads
Intake Manifolds
Corsa Exhaust
Accessories
Miscellaneous
New for 2004
Sale Items
Fuel Systems
Store Pages
Directory
What's New
My Account
My Wishlist
My Basket
Testimonials
Lattof Chevrolet

GM Performance Parts - GM Crate Engines - GM Crate Motors - GM Accessories
<< Category 9 of 18 >> << Product 3 of 23 >>

1995 - 1999 Cadillac 4.6 (L37) New Goodwrench Engine # 12567313
Click here for: Warranty info, Installation Instructions

SKU: 12567313
RETAIL: $7,089.69
PRICE: $3,960.22

Description
GOODWRENCH COMPLETE 8 CYLINDER ASSEMBLY

Every new or remanufactured Goodwrench engine is made to the same exacting engineering standards that go into every new GM vehicle.
They’re tested to make sure they’ll perform under the most demanding conditions and backed by a 36-month/50,000 mile transferable limited warranty.

Only original replacement parts are used in every GM Goodwrench remanufactured engine. And new design enhancements and product improvements are incorporated into every remanufactured engine.

Plus, service is available at over 7,000 GM dealers across the United States and Canada.

Spyder
11-05-04, 07:25 PM
"the known head gasket and oil problems" man, this guy continues to be a stick in the mud around this forum.

This guy got a lemon, reads some posts about a head gaskets that arent problematic just are not maitained correctly, didnt take the time to read posts about oil consumtion, and all of the sudden he talks of "the known problems"

Give me a break man.

Hehehe :histeric: :thumbsup:

cart69
12-06-04, 02:43 PM
so what are you doin with the old motor that youur pulling out? i would be interested possibly, let me know

Spyder
12-07-04, 06:41 PM
I've got one out of a 94 STS sitting in my garage...would probably let it go for pretty cheap if you wanted it...needs a rod bearing...other than that it was always awesome...only used a quart of oil every 2-3000, plenty of power and all...

sts96
12-07-04, 09:56 PM
Try www.car-part.com found mine there for 2,000.00 and its a good one from a wreck with 81k on it, runs great. sts96

mcowden
12-07-04, 10:05 PM

Give me a break man.

LOL... Ya can't please 'em all, STS 310... If anyone annoys you that much on the board, you can click on "User CP" above, then click the Buddy/Ignore List link on the left side near the bottom, and add whomever you choose to your buddy or ignore lists. Problem solved! No need to get upset.

Happy configuration!

M C :cheers:

STS 310
12-08-04, 01:26 AM
Hey Spyder, would love to get the STS on a long drive up North. And, would love to to pick your brain on our ride. You up to it?

STS 310
12-08-04, 01:27 AM
LOL... Ya can't please 'em all, STS 310... If anyone annoys you that much on the board, you can click on "User CP" above, then click the Buddy/Ignore List link on the left side near the bottom, and add whomever you choose to your buddy or ignore lists. Problem solved! No need to get upset.

Happy configuration!

M C :cheers:

Naw, got to enjoy those annoying guys too!!

Spyder
12-08-04, 02:35 AM
STS 310. Sure sure...aren't you in Sac, or near to it? That's not a very long drive! And, I'm not sure there's a whole lot of brain picking to do, as I'm still learning more and more every day about this thing, and getting frustrated every time I run into a problem...but I am between semesters starting on friday of next week...will have a day or two off a week for once. :)

cart69
12-09-04, 10:11 AM
hey spyder the only downfall is that unless you let it go real cheap like around 100-200 bucks at the most even then shipping might still kill me since i live in illinois. i just found a 93 sts for 500 with a blown head gasket i may pickup too to fix, i am looking for a motor to play with to learn more about these beasts maybe to put in my truck, who knows.

turbojimmy
12-09-04, 10:42 AM
This guy has lots of Caddillacs in stock, lots have engines:

www.schramauto.com

I bought tail lights from him and was impressed with his online inventory system. My uncle (in the salvage biz) has bought stuff from him with mixed results.

Jim

CadiJeff
12-09-04, 03:06 PM
I can probably get you a one for under $1000 except shipping. If interested email me at eatitorelse@hotmail.com