: 2012 V or wait for CUE

TGFstCady
10-16-11, 10:08 AM
I have a 2012 on order and now the CUE system is on the horizon. I have wanted one since they came out in 2009. When shopping we tested:
Audi A7- Great technology (multi-color Heads-Up, Adaptive cruise, blind spot warning, Google maps and connectivity) , good looks especially the LED headlights but the car is under powered (feels that way) and there is a lot of tire/road noise.

Mercedes CLS550 - Great technology (Adaptive cruise, Automatic braking, Google maps and connectivity, blind spot warning). Looks like a sports car, feels and drives well.

BMW 550i x-drive, Incorporates all the above technology but every model of BMW looks the same. Just smaller or bigger.

Then went back to the V, my opinion is the car is more quiet and drives better that all the above. Problem is I like the CUE technology. I am told it will not be available until 2014. I think the market will dictate sooner. So, buy now or wait? Do you think the engine will still be available in two years if it takes that long?

translux
10-16-11, 11:57 AM
Life is short.
Jump into the water now.
When CUE becomes available trade her in.

GM-4-LIFE
10-16-11, 12:24 PM
Do what I did and lease the V and when the CUE powered new V comes out, you can get that. I did a 24 month lease term with Ally, but I should have done the 36 month lease term because I love my V Coupe so much!

There is no other car out there like the V.

muohio
10-16-11, 03:36 PM
I highly doubt that the CUE system will make it into this generation of CTS. Everything I've seen states that it will be in all never models and doesn't mention the CTS.

GM-4-LIFE
10-18-11, 06:46 PM
It won't make it into the current gen CTS because it's at the end of it's product cycle. GM won't spend tons of money on the CTS for just one model year before the new one arrives.

I can wait for the CUE on my next CTS-V.

M5eater
10-18-11, 10:22 PM
+1

Don't bother waiting for CUE, you'll be waiting for years(no exaggeration) and by then, there'll be something better to look forward to.

Do what I did and lease the V and when the CUE powered new V comes out, you can get that. I did a 24 month lease term with Ally, but I should have done the 36 month lease term because I love my V Coupe so much!

There is no other car out there like the V
that's why I'm doing, except I'm on a 48month. Orginal plan was to just upgrade every few years, but I think I love her enough I think that unless the next gen CTS or ATS absolutely blows my socks off, I'll actually transfer to a real loan in 1-2 years.

GM-4-LIFE
10-19-11, 02:24 AM
After taking a bath on trading in cars or trying to sell them private party and dealing with all that crap, I don't think I will EVER buy another car again. I will most likely get another V Coupe when my lease ends and maybe even the same color. I love the black diamond. Let's just hope GM still offers it or another better color for the 2013 model year when I lease my next V.

nguyennhatquang
11-13-11, 03:08 PM
i don't think the CUE can be adapt to the CTS this generation.
The reason is the CTS still use the old style Diagnostic and communication TECH2.
the SRX have better technology when they use GDS.

anyway..next Gen CTS or Escalade will have CUE but not on this gen.

johnnyjr1000
11-18-11, 04:27 PM
Good question , which I've considered since I'm ordering a 2013 black diamond CTS V coupe later in the year.

For some reason (and this is personal) I really like the really cool pop up navigation on the V now. I don't know if they'll have that feature with CUE. So, I really don't prefer trading this pop up feature for CUE , esp since the tech on this stuff changes an improves all the time.

Another consideration:

The style and color on the V coupes are , to me, fantastic and what really defines the philosophy of C A D I L L A C as I've understood it over the decades (or century!). If I wait for a CUE-like system for the V , I'm afraid the styling & coloring on the V coupe may change to something less dramatic and 'out there' (although I hear they have some great designs for the next gen coupe).

Good Luck & Enjoy!!
thnx
johnny

needspeed
11-18-11, 05:08 PM
I bought my V-Coupe 2 weeks ago I could give two poops about CUE. I bought the car to drive it not play with the gizmos......Steve

SIN CITY V
11-19-11, 10:40 AM
The V is just to much fun not to be out DRIVING it!! Go ahead and pick one up now, don't cheat yourself.

popalock
08-01-12, 06:20 AM
Yes... I am bringing this thread back to life!!

I hit up my local dealership yesterday because it's about time to trade in the Escalade. I had a chance to get intimate with CUE in one of their showroom XTS's. It is incredible and the tech blows away everything else on the market.

I'm really hoping the next gen V will focus on weight reduction and a signifigant power increase, but CUE will definitely be the cherry on top!

If only GM would step their game up to make the new V capable of out gunning the 2013 GT500 and M5 it would reinvigorate the model in almost every aspect!

StealthViggen
08-01-12, 05:08 PM
All that is required for that is to drop in the LS9 with a tad more agressive tune.

simgolfer
08-01-12, 05:55 PM
The spy shots of the new CTS confirms that just like the ATS and XTS, the next gen CTS will have CUE available. That one is a no-brainer. With CAFE rules as it is, the concern I have is, will the next get CTS-V have the right engine in it or will GM sucuumb to fuel economy priorities and we lose cylinders. If we do, I am in big trouble on my next car. Guess I will have to keep my current V for a long time.

M5eater
08-02-12, 09:45 AM
The spy shots of the new CTS confirms that just like the ATS and XTS, the next gen CTS will have CUE available. That one is a no-brainer. With CAFE rules as it is, the concern I have is, will the next get CTS-V have the right engine in it or will GM sucuumb to fuel economy priorities and we lose cylinders. If we do, I am in big trouble on my next car. Guess I will have to keep my current V for a long time.

The CTS will have a V8. If they've considered it for the ATS, I don't see any reality where a CTS will not have V8. The germans have V8s, Cadillac will have a V8. I may be smaller, it may be turbocharged, but it will be 8 cylinders. The only 4,000 vehicle powered by a F/I V6 is an F-150, and it's not designed to go around a nurburgring in under 8 minuites.

JimmyH
08-03-12, 02:18 PM
If you are comparing LSA to CUE, you're doing it wrong.