: My first Cadillac: 1994 STS

chevyorange
10-30-04, 12:13 PM
Hello, everyone. I've been lurking here for a week as I waited for my deal to go through. Last night I purchased a dark green 1994 STS with 86K on the odo. The car drives beautifully and I got a killer deal on it.

Today will be my first day with it so I plan on driving it around quite a bit.

I have always owned Chevy's until now... but after test driving the Cadillac, I knew it was time to move up from the 1994 Caprice Classic I had (which is a killer car, very reliable and cheap to maintain.)

Thanks for the website!

Adam

Leloz
10-30-04, 12:19 PM
Welcome! Big change from the RWD Caprice to the nimble FWD STS! I wish you many happy miles with the STS :thumbsup:

chevyorange
10-30-04, 12:56 PM
The Caprice wasn't that bad, mostly due to the RWD. I'd rather have had a RWD STS but the car is great as is and I love driving it. Maybe I'll be able to afford a N* RWD Caddy someday.

But, I CAN'T WAIT to go run my errands this AM!!!

CADDYBLACK99
10-30-04, 03:21 PM
Welcome Adam!

It must be like driving a true sports car compared to the Caprice! Your 98' STS sounds very nice. I like them in any of the dark colors! Good luck! Please post a picture or two when you get a chance. Thanks for joining the forum!
:welcome:
Paul

chevyorange
11-01-04, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys....

I'll try to take some pics when it stops raining up here in Seattle!! The car looks great when it is wet even, but I don't wanna stand in the rain taking pics with my digi!

The car really feels like home away from home, comfy seats (I have three torn disks in my lower back) with heated and lumbar... really beats the pants off the old Chevy just looking at the seats!

And even the Bose Cassette/CD player stereo sounds great for a stocker.

Adam

chevyorange
11-08-04, 03:34 PM
Welcome Adam!

It must be like driving a true sports car compared to the Caprice! Your 98' STS sounds very nice. I like them in any of the dark colors! Good luck! Please post a picture or two when you get a chance. Thanks for joining the forum!
:welcome:
Paul

Well, it took awhile but I finally got a dry day to take some pics. I have never posted pics before so I hope I sized them right and that I didn't compress the quality too much.

Adam

creed
11-09-04, 10:37 AM
Congradulations on your new purchase, it's a comfortable car and alot smarter than buying new, even after a few repairs. The light colored interior is a good look. I recently purchased a Diamond White 1993 Eldorado Touring Coupe with the same interior and it's attractive and comfortable. I hope you have success with any repairs you may need in the future. The Dealer in Bellevue hasn't performed as well as I had hoped, so I'm probably going to try the dealer up on North Aurora, otherwise the Firestone dealer in Ballard does a great job on the repairs they can perform. Congradulations again,

Creed

chevyorange
11-12-04, 01:01 PM
I have a pretty good autoshop up here in Federal Way, WA. They aren't afraid to work on the car and seem to know what they are doing - they even put in the radiator conditioning when flushing the system, without me asking!

Good luck with your ETC!!

Adam