: keyless fob not always being recognized

hifiaudio2
10-14-11, 12:10 PM
Just bought a 2009 V a couple of weeks ago and the fob will somewhat frequently not be recognized by the car. Sometimes I have to wait a bit while sitting in the car for it to quit telling me it doesn't detect it and let me start. I was guessing this is just a low battery, but I dont see how to change the fob battery. Is it user replaceable?

stabie
10-14-11, 12:25 PM
yes, user replaceable, but I think you must do so quickly if I remember right. Ask the dealer to do it. Its a pain to pry apart. Also, before doing anything, verify your cell phone is not next to the key fob in your pocket. Cellphones can screw up the signal. Lastly, you can always stick the fob in the special spot under the armrest compartment. It is close enough to work even with a dead fob battery. Manual describes this.

Caddyscat
10-14-11, 03:03 PM
Yes user replaceable, and no you don't have to do it quick. I was having the same problem. Pull the hidden key out, then split the case from both sides with either your fingernails, or if you have girly thin fingernails use a flat blade to carefully PRY (not split) both sides apart. Take your time if you wish.

Since i'm such a troll........... I took pictures of the process for you. Have fun.

Push slim button and pull hard to get key out

Pry both halve apart

Voila!! Now replace that damn battery and your car won't question you anymore!

hifiaudio2
10-14-11, 04:12 PM
great, thanks!

Tuna
10-14-11, 04:51 PM
A CR 2032 - I think. At least that's the battery my Vette FOBS use and they look the same.