: your car sucks

nsaness
10-14-11, 12:03 AM
Everyone who is unhappy with their V, should definitely get a "quiet" car with a "nice" interior; and make damn sure it makes you happy. To help you out with your next car; all American cars lag behind the rest of the world in "X" category. All Japanese cars are more reliable than any other brand, all BMW's handle better than any other brand, and all German and Japanese cars have better build quality than any other brand.

I am tired of the stereotype bs. No one here speaks in facts, or quantitative comparisons.
I am on my third CTS-V and my fourth V in total. I work in the automotive industry, and I get a monthly scorecard of the quality ratings for every brand car and truck. I can tell you the "pedestal" brands aren't any better than KIA! I have driven many makes and models. I have experienced many negative and positive issues in every make. I really want to correspond with people who have the common goal of trying to solve problems and share information. I also want to belong to a site with real talk, mixed with some small amount of pride, about the car we all chose to spend (a lot) of money on. If I can't find people here who want to share stories of beating on their V, fixing the V, modifying the V, and generally enjoying the drive, I wonder why I don't just fade back in to my other car club sites. When you assess this car, remember the performance compared to others in it's class, remember the price point, and only compare to cars in the same classification in which you chose to purchase. I used to take pleasure in this site, but I am feeling that the large volume of ignorance spewed, is not worth the occasions of good information we share.

hulksdaddy
10-14-11, 12:11 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z44/kc-tater/Posts%20and%20Threads/PANTIES_IN_A_BUNCH.jpg

:D

nsaness
10-14-11, 12:26 AM
You have no idea of the wedgie I am sporting this evening!!!!!!!!!!!

King335i
10-14-11, 01:11 AM
Sorry, but these are the facts, throwing a fit about it isn't going to change anything:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/242336-hate-say-but-i-am-just.html

youknooow
10-14-11, 03:35 AM
nsaness makes a good point, its hard to assume that if you purchased a M5, E/CLS 63, etc. your experience would eclipse that of a owning a V-series Cadillac. King335i also is right as he references the post about the build quality of the vehicles.

Sometimes I feel GM needs to step up their build quality; I have riden in many E-classes that feel as solid as a rock, no creaks or rattles, some with well over 100,000 miles. None of my GM vehciles have felt like that to me thus far, or been completely squeak free. But I will hold off drawing a personal conclusion until I own, a AMG, M-series beemer, etc. But even then, it still will only be my experience and may not be a true reflection of the brand. Look at how much the experience varys among the owners of one model line as discussed here.

qictrk
10-14-11, 04:53 AM
How come, if these cars are so bad, do you keep buying them? Why not buy another car that will make you happy, quit beating yourself up. Even if you get it free, you could sell it and get what you think is the best.
Not trying to slam you, just trying to understand. There is only two reasons I bought my car, and that is power for the money and style. Cecil.............

M5eater
10-14-11, 08:26 AM
How come, if these cars are so bad, do you keep buying them? Why not buy another car that will make you happy, quit beating yourself up. Even if you get it free, you could sell it and get what you think is the best.
Not trying to slam you, just trying to understand. There is only two reasons I bought my car, and that is power for the money and style. Cecil.............

In reference to the OP?

He's not saying they're bad, he's saying they're fantastic value for money, so quit expecting it to trounce 100K German sedans in every category imaginable. I'll have to agree, as I'm guilty of it myself, just quit bitching, the thing costs 30 grand less than it's competition, you could buy a used E90 3 series for that money. The problem here is, a lot of people here have owned fast german sedans, and we want a fast american made german sedan, but what we bought was a fast american made, american sedan.

I for one, am done complaing about the little build or material quality issues, everyone has little problems, everyone.

Speedtrapped
10-14-11, 09:10 AM
I absolutely luv my V. Its my 1st American sports car, I have always owned German...The quality IMO is excellent, fit and finish is great, power for the $ is spot on, its unique(as I own the Vagon), I think the styling on the front of all V models and the rear of the coupe is cutting edge, flat out sexy. I read alot of complaints on this forum as well, you should never take it personally. You cant please everyone all of the time. Sh#t breaks, even on $100k+ german cars, ask me how I know. I have owned 5, 3 diff brands.
My $ is well spent on my V, I couldnt be happier......

M5eater
10-14-11, 09:17 AM
I absolutely luv my V. Its my 1st American sports car, I have always owned German...The quality IMO is excellent, fit and finish is great, power for the $ is spot on, its unique(as I own the Vagon), I think the styling on the front of all V models and the rear of the coupe is cutting edge, flat out sexy. I read alot of complaints on this forum as well, you should never take it personally. You cant please everyone all of the time. Sh#t breaks, even on $100k+ german cars, ask me how I know. I have owned 5, 3 diff brands.
My $ is well spent on my V, I couldnt be happier......

If JC says the V is a good car, that should be an indicator of how fantastic it really is..

Speedtrapped
10-14-11, 09:43 AM
Son....and yes your a young man with 23 years under your belt(btw, you know I have a very good friend, owns an RS6 from VA whose also M5eater, but he just finished a very quiet discrete tour in Afganistan) you flatter me....

darvish
10-14-11, 09:46 AM
I'm the luckiest car buyer on the planet. I bought my first V in 2004..a 2005 model.. then I discovered this forum. My guts went liquid when I started reading the horror stories about the differential in that car. I think some people had theirs replaced 5 or 6 times. I babied mine for several thousand miles thinking at any time the rear would grenade. Eventually i began to track it and drive it like it was designed to be driven. I figured I would just get it fixed if the worse happened. I spanked that thing like a red headed hooker at a Shriner's convention...NADA.

I read about the V2 and the complaints on this forum and was a bit concerned about the build quality...I bought the Wagon and have experienced none of these issues..

I think what we are seeing here is anecdote trumping data.

M5eater
10-14-11, 10:16 AM
Son....and yes your a young man with 23 years under your belt(btw, you know I have a very good friend, owns an RS6 from VA whose also M5eater, but he just finished a very quiet discrete tour in Afganistan) you flatter me....
Thanks and I suppose it's relevent for you as well but, by JC, I mean Jeremy Clarkson :D

Speedtrapped
10-14-11, 10:22 AM
LOL, was that season 12? I never saw the review, just a highlight reel with the V in it(and I dont mean Top Gear USA)..

The Tony Show
10-14-11, 10:26 AM
I have no idea what's going on here.

http://southparkstudios-intl.mtvnimages.com/shared/sps/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/import/season_10/sp_1005_08_v6.jpg?width=480

Kluch
10-14-11, 10:38 AM
To the OP...

Its ignorant posts like yours that irritate me. I love american cars and have never owned anything but a cadillac. In fact, I feel the same way you do. But if you're trying to persuade people to change their behavior you need to change your tune. Face the facts. This is a car forum and people are going to post about things that bother them about said car. It's the same on foreign car boards too. And you know what? WHO CARES! This is America, and the thing I love most about my country is freedom of speech. Even if I don't agree with what's being said.

But please, if a little criticism of your car offends you then fade away. You are free to do so. In general citicism inspires improvement. The last thing I want is for GM or any American auto maker is to get complacent. The foreign auto makers are pushing them to strive for greatness, not just good enough. I think that is a positive thing, don't you?

smackdownCTSV
10-14-11, 10:56 AM
STFU and go to the track already.

Hydro
10-14-11, 11:13 AM
Lol i have to agree with the nasness. It makes me laugh, really you're car makes little noises and the plastic scratches easy Wow. If that is my biggest problem (and yes my roof/suspension does make noises and my plastic is scratched) with a 60k car the out performs 90% of 2 door sports cars racing around and most 100K sedans i am more than F'ing happy about that.
That being said I donít really have any problem with the complaints and crying post as I feel there are far more ppl on this site posting much more interesting information and data that I find very helpful.
But what the hell do I know I am 28yo this is my first real performance car.
JMO but in my world it is the only one that matters.

M5eater
10-14-11, 11:19 AM
LOL, was that season 12? I never saw the review, just a highlight reel with the V in it(and I dont mean Top Gear USA)..

it was an article in the sunday times he wrote back in 08 when the car first came out, but in the season 12 vacation they all liked the V and ZR1 eventually. You can find the full article copied in a forum or two if you look hard enough.

voltrons_head
10-14-11, 11:42 AM
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Cadillac to have better fit, finish, and build quality than a Honda or a Nissan. I really don't. Nor do I think it unreasonable for GM's flag ship car to meet or beat the expectations of the customer. The reality is that it falls short in two areas. Fit and finish as well as the electronics system. I do feel much better about Cadillac after having seen the new CUE system. It tells me that they are listening and trying to get better. Overall, I would buy another Cadillac. God knows my Audi wasn't perfect either.

M5eater
10-14-11, 11:51 AM
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Cadillac to have better fit, finish, and build quality than a Honda or a Nissan. I really don't. Nor do I think it unreasonable for GM's flag ship car to meet or beat the expectations of the customer. The reality is that it falls short in two areas. Fit and finish as well as the electronics system. I do feel much better about Cadillac after having seen the new CUE system. It tells me that they are listening and trying to get better. Overall, I would buy another Cadillac. God knows my Audi wasn't perfect either.

it should be said, the V's interior has closer panel gaps than any of it's german rivals.

thebigjimsho
10-14-11, 12:07 PM
Thanks and I suppose it's relevent for you as well but, by JC, I mean Jeremy Clarkson :DThey're one in the same. Well, in Jeremy's head, anyway...

stabie
10-14-11, 12:34 PM
Umm, electronics??? Wasn't the CTS the first car EVER to have a hard drive audio system? USB interface, ipod interface, ...Has the keyless, has articulating headlights all back in 08. What exact electronic system feature were you looking for? Granted everyone has copied, but I don't expect a major electronics rev mid-model.

M5eater
10-14-11, 12:42 PM
Umm, electronics??? Wasn't the CTS the first car EVER to have a hard drive audio system? USB interface, ipod interface, ...Has the keyless, has articulating headlights all back in 08. What exact electronic system feature were you looking for? Granted everyone has copied, but I don't expect a major electronics rev mid-model.
why not? GM did it with the DTS, STS and Buick lucerne, and so does BMW Audi And Mercedes..
just a short list though;
side view anti-dazzle Mirrors
night vision
power window-glass sun-shades
eletronic retractable mirrors
rainsense brakes
active cruise control
rainsense wipers
automatic high-beams
lane departure
HUD
heated steering wheel
heated rear seats
in-seat DVD function for head-rests

with few exception, all of the above have been avaliable for at least a few years prior to the CTS's introduction, some of them are present on my 10 year old A6 and brand new kia's have some of the above items my $70K car doesnt, so yes, it annoys me.

thebigjimsho
10-14-11, 12:44 PM
Umm, electronics??? Wasn't the CTS the first car EVER to have a hard drive audio system? USB interface, ipod interface, ...Has the keyless, has articulating headlights all back in 08. What exact electronic system feature were you looking for? Granted everyone has copied, but I don't expect a major electronics rev mid-model.Agreed. The CTS may not have had every state of the art gadget there is but it was still well equipped. It makes me feel as though my '04 V had an 8-track and homing pigeons...

MrMaschine
10-14-11, 12:52 PM
Interesting topic, I myself have always felt the same about American cars however two cars that are made in USA that really seem to be made well are the Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro.

I wont get into the Ford because we are talking about GM but my brother in law has a 2010 Camaro which has been torn apart 20+ times for customization, every bushing is solid or hard urethane, the suspension is full blown race.

25k miles and the Camaro does not have one squeak or rattle coming from it just as it felt before any of the custom work was done and the additional performance part.

Now my CTSv has about 20k miles and the creaks, rattles and noises can make their own song. Its ridiculous for a car priced 50% more than a Camaro or Mustang.

I have spent so much time at dealers and on my own trying to address these issues with partial resolution.

I think it is about time GM really starts paying attention because I certainly miss my BMW M5 because of this. It just makes you feel like your driving a very low quality car and I have owned vintage muscle cars with less interior problems.

thebigjimsho
10-14-11, 12:59 PM
And many of our Vs are whisper quiet...

Speedtrapped
10-14-11, 01:44 PM
huh? what did u say? I cant hear thing over my Corsa sports and my Music.....

neuronbob
10-14-11, 02:24 PM
And many of our Vs are whisper quiet...

Including mine. It does the first thing I ask of any car.....when I get in, it starts and runs fine. As a bonus, when I am driving down the street, it's quiet except for my son's booster seat.

Tuna
10-14-11, 02:34 PM
Forums like this provide a voice to those that generally have issues with their car. The majority of the folks that buy the car have nothing to complain about their car or just do not feel the need to share their bad weather with others.

My Vagon is wonderful, except for the MPG ;) and I can live with that. No clicking wheels, no squeaks, no rattles, no problems.

GM-4-LIFE
10-14-11, 04:13 PM
I have had nothing but problems with the German crap high end luxury cars I have had in the past. I will never go back for that garbage. I am on my 5th V Series car and I wouldn't own anything else but American, specifically GM, and I love my V Coupe. Best car I have EVER owned! I don't think I will ever buy a NON-GM vehicle or anything other than a Cadillac.

JimmyH
10-14-11, 04:46 PM
I have had squeaks, rattles, etc, in every car I have owned, American, Japanese, and German. Cars are dynamic devices, things are gonna loosen up.

nsaness
10-14-11, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry, I brought my work problems to the forum and I became a whiny b*tch.
I try not to post too much because I have a small amount of patience that is usually spent by the time I get home from work. Anyway, the 2010 I just got rid of had 70,000 miles on it, had a 125 horse shot of nitrous on it since one month old, and never made a sound. Interiors are personal taste. IMO, the V2 interior is head and shoulders above the interiors of the German cars.
This is where I was coming from, my car was really beat on (4 sets of Michelin PS2's in 70K), and it was silent. I loved the functionality, and looks inside and out. I consider the car a bargain. And Kia (puke) really does rate as well as Audi, BMW, and Mercedes in current industry quality ratings. Quite honestly, for the performance per dollar we have, I would drive this car happily with bees buzzing in my ear. This is still personal as I make critical car parts for a living, but I am going to try to go back to trolling for mods I am interested in, fixes that may apply to me, and keep opening my big mouth to advise those who want to brave winter in this excellent car.

thebigjimsho
10-14-11, 10:39 PM
Don't worry, I'll take over for you. These weasels need to STFU!

nsaness
10-14-11, 11:23 PM
I see the "like" button, but I am hunting for the "Oh yeah, I love it!" button....

tedcmiller
10-14-11, 11:31 PM
Gee, I have been under the impression that my 2009 CTS-V was "quiet" and had a "nice" interior. I guess that having three CTS-Vs was a terrible mistake on my part. I am so stupid. I guess I need someone like nsaness to point this out every now and then.

qictrk
10-15-11, 04:40 AM
I'm sorry for my first comment Nsaness. I completely misunderstood your comment.
I'll have to stop speed reading. I do that when there are no pictures. Cecil.........:worship:

thebigjimsho
10-15-11, 02:56 PM
Love this thread!

Prof
10-15-11, 06:19 PM
Opinions are like sphincter muscles, everyone has one, and is entitled to it.

I love my V too nsaness!

Speedtrapped
10-15-11, 10:54 PM
What does STFU mean? Can some one please spell it for me?..........;)

thebigjimsho
10-15-11, 11:05 PM
hmm...

Speedtrapped
10-15-11, 11:13 PM
Do it! Does it stand for ....so that's funny, u.... I knew I would solve that one....I'm really good at soduko...just saying.

thebigjimsho
10-16-11, 12:12 AM
The Price is Wrong, Bitch!

M5eater
10-16-11, 10:40 AM
The Price is Wrong, Bitch!
lay off the happy gilmore, 3 times a day is enough for any man.

thebigjimsho
10-16-11, 01:35 PM
Captain Insano is Waterboy.

thebigjimsho
10-16-11, 01:36 PM
He called the sh1t p00p!

Speedtrapped
10-16-11, 03:13 PM
Lol, wtf? Why the face?

concorso
10-16-11, 04:51 PM
Do it! Does it stand for ....so that's funny, u.... I knew I would solve that one....I'm really good at soduko...just saying.sudoku

concorso
10-16-11, 05:03 PM
Opinions are like sphincter muscles, everyone has one, and is entitled to it.

I love my V too nsaness!The fact that some owners experience rattles does not also mean that they hate their V. The V is almost the perfect all-around vehicle, being able to play many different roles. The quality of the interior materials isnt that much improved over the previous version, imo. A hand french-stitched vinyl dash impress me. Id prefer a machine stitched leather dash. There are still a lot of really hard surfaces and alot of questionable choices of materials that lead to rubbing. Id love to see some of this improve, but I cant have everything, and I prefer the performance. That being said, part of the reason this car is so popular is how well rounded it is. If we keep telling people that their rattles dont exist or are irrelevant, then we're limiting the creators ability to improve the car. There are ways to deal with rattles if they can be located. Sometimes a cheap option like using felt between 2 hard surfaces can limit squeeking and scratching for example...

I know people dont want to see the V increase in price, tho...so...

mrl859
10-16-11, 05:18 PM
Lol, wtf? Why the face?Gotta' love "Modern Family"!

buddyg
10-16-11, 05:30 PM
I think people that have bad experiences are going to be the ones that post. Most guys that are completely happy are not going to start a post "My car is perfect". I have had mine since April and put 12,000 miles on it with no issues, other than the clicking wheels which the dealer fixed. I have already modded it and love the looks, inside and out.

I have a German made Porsche 911 that creaks and groans like crazy, but I love that car too! Sounds like people want a Lexus, go ahead and buy a Lexus and fall asleep behind the wheel because they are so boring!

mberisha
10-16-11, 07:02 PM
I think people that have bad experiences are going to be the ones that post. Most guys that are completely happy are not going to start a post "My car is perfect". I have had mine since April and put 12,000 miles on it with no issues, other than the clicking wheels which the dealer fixed. I have already modded it and love the looks, inside and out.

I have a German made Porsche 911 that creaks and groans like crazy, but I love that car too! Sounds like people want a Lexus, go ahead and buy a Lexus and fall asleep behind the wheel because they are so boring!

Haha.....well said....btw....you are spot-on about the "creaks and groans" on the German Spec Porsches....but like you said....who cares....mash the throttle and cut the corners....

CadillacKid12
10-16-11, 08:14 PM
nsness check ur damn inbox and email about the meet and greet

our cars are teh best

concorso
10-20-11, 02:14 PM
Haha.....well said....btw....you are spot-on about the "creaks and groans" on the German Spec Porsches....but like you said....who cares....mash the throttle and cut the corners....The problem here is that the CTS-V is first, a CTS. The CTS has all the same issues, without the V's ability to make you forget about them. Improving the material quality for the V will most likely improve the CTS in the same way. Great CTS sales, Cadillac offers a V. Poor CTS sales, Cadillac might not offer a V.

concorso
10-20-11, 02:18 PM
Sounds like people want a Lexus, go ahead and buy a Lexus and fall asleep behind the wheel because they are so boring!By this argument, if someone finds a hair in their meal at a fancy steakhouse, they shouldnt complain. They should either live with the hair in their food, or switch to some asian buffet?

concorso
10-20-11, 02:22 PM
IMO, its not wrong to be critical. Its wrong when the critcism is delivered in a non-constructive way, with malice...

Good criticism. My V has rattles, many do. As an owner, Id like to see this issue resolved in some way.

Poor criticism. My V has rattles. BMW's and Mercedes are perfect. The V is shit. Blow me.

If criticism was such a no-no, you V owners would not have the near bulletproof rear end that you have now. The CTS interior would not have an improved design. The list goes on.

JimmyH
10-20-11, 03:03 PM
Quite so. The engineer we talked to in Detroit at the 2008 NAIAS said all the negative feedback online about the V1's diff led to the drastically improved V2 diff.

Prof
10-20-11, 03:49 PM

If criticism was such a no-no, you V owners would not have the near bulletproof rear end that you have now. The CTS interior would not have an improved design. The list goes on.

Hmmmmmm?????????

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/180075-rear-end-groan.html

M5eater
10-20-11, 04:14 PM
The only rear-end problems I've seen are those associated with incorrect amounts of FF fluid's. It's not like they're exploding on stock power like the V1's.

JimmyH
10-20-11, 05:27 PM
Guys who have 650 rwhp and diff problems don't count. Otoh, I met a guy with with an 04 maggied V1, headers, cam, 120 shot, and managed to keep his original diff for 3 years before being replaced due to howl.

smackdownCTSV
10-20-11, 05:59 PM
And the diff still sucks and needs to be replaced!

concorso
10-20-11, 06:28 PM
Quite so. The engineer we talked to in Detroit at the 2008 NAIAS said all the negative feedback online about the V1's diff led to the drastically improved V2 diff.If only they had listened to the same owners' forum about the reverse tilt passenger mirror.

JimmyH
10-20-11, 07:30 PM
If I was GM, I would ignore that issue also.