: Strange noise

PCBeachDP
10-13-11, 10:10 PM
I have a 2011 coupe with 4,300 miles which has developed a mid frequency kind of noise in the rear end. From the driver's seat it sounds like it is coming from the left rear wheel. Sorta sounds like run flats or snow tires,,,,it is that kind of sound. Also like a wheel bearing starting to go, definitely a rotational kind of noise.

Tomorrow is the third day at a competent local dealer, and while they can hear it, they cannot find it. Anyone else have this kind of problem?

PCBeach

JimmyH
10-14-11, 03:55 PM
bump for undeleted thread (wrong one was deleted before)

smackdownCTSV
10-14-11, 04:00 PM
There is a TSB for the rear diff. Bring it back and tell them to look it up. My noise is still present, after getting the TSB done, but others have reported that after replacing it with a new one under warranty the noise goes away entirely and doesn't come back. Sounds like a bad batch of diffs or diffs went bad after having insufficient oil.
Check it out!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/237060-theres-tsb-diff-fluid.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/237235-2009-cts-v-tsb-sticky-thread.html

PCBeachDP
10-20-11, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the bump and the response. My noise is not like the TSB noise described. In any event tomorrow is working day number 8 for my car at the dealership. Yesterday they took the back wheels off a brand new coupe in the showroom, and drove both cars before and after the exchange. The result was the showroom car had a slightly higher noise level on my tires, and my car had a slightly lower noise level on the zero mile tires, but the background rotational kind of noise was still there.

With the noise still there after the exchange, they are now opening up the diff to see what they can see. They were aware of the TSB, but like I said the noise is different. Oh well, they are trying...

PCBeach

PCBeachDP
10-23-11, 03:39 PM
I don't think they opened the diff, there are a couple of references in threads here that state the factory wants to replace only, with no work on the diff at the dealer level.

So they will be replacing the diff, but guess what...none available. So there have probably been more replaced by far than what we are aware of.

Will update when mine is replaced.

PCBeachDP