: will 9.5" rims rub on my fronts?

lenoble22
10-13-11, 08:17 PM
Hey guys,

Looking at getting some Z06 rims for my xlr-v. The factory tire size is 235/45/19 for the fronts and 255/40/19 for the rear. My question is i'm looking at some vette rims and I can only find the new z06 style in 19x9.5 is the smallest width I can find. with this tire/rim combo, would that rub on the front? i'm assuming it wouldn't on the back. Also the factory offset is 61 and these ones that i'm looking at are 57mm offset....is that gonna matter much. I've already bought the tires so this is why I need 19's in the front. thanks in advance!

lenoble22
10-14-11, 05:07 PM
any wheel and tire guys out there??

RADARB8
01-28-12, 12:08 AM
I am thinking about buying a 2006 XLR no V and the tires do NOT compliment the car ..I am wondering the same thing???How wide can i go in the rear and the front but mainly the rear:alchi:and will C5 rims fit and how wide a tire can i run.....a 285 would look great..even a 275...ANYBODY KNOW PLEASE CHIME IN ..Thanks

GizmoQ
01-28-12, 01:33 AM
I am thinking about buying a 2006 XLR no V and the tires do NOT compliment the car ..I am wondering the same thing???How wide can i go in the rear and the front but mainly the rear:alchi:and will C5 rims fit and how wide a tire can i run.....a 285 would look great..even a 275...ANYBODY KNOW PLEASE CHIME IN ..Thanks

I guess I should have answered the question earlier, but I was waiting for an expert to chime in. I am no expert, but learn from others experience.

From what I remember, 9.5 will fit but they will rub when turned full lock. There have been some people report they have no problems with the Z06 package on their XLRs, but I take that with a grain of salt. If you can stand the wheels/tires outside the wheel well, some are riding the 10" wheels in the rear, 9.5" up front and have never expressed any complaints. Others, more meticulous about the looks, attempted the 10" rears and hated it.

I believe a 255 is about as wide as anyone dare put on the front. I raced 285/40/18 in the rear on 9" Z06 wheels. They lasted two race days, one autocross, and 4000 miles and I had to replace the wheel bearing. Not nearly as good as the 255/45s I have now with over 6000 miles and almost no wear. I plan on getting 275s for this years race season and hope the bearings hold up.