: How much would you pay?

customGTP
10-30-04, 11:53 AM
How much would you pay to turn your Caddy into RWD?

Which motor would you choose?

Would you go with manual or auto?

Just seeing if theres a draw for it or not...
heres the update on mine - www.cardomain.com/id/94customGTP

Leloz
10-30-04, 01:24 PM
I am going to wait for used CTS-V's to pop on the market in a couple of years. Hopefully they will follow the same Cadillac heavy depreciation, making it an awesome bang for the buck. ;)

eldorado1
10-30-04, 04:50 PM
I'll give you $500 to build me a GTP like yours ;)

customGTP
10-30-04, 06:06 PM
HAHAHAHA good try though... cant hurt to ask BUT NO :)

eldorado1
10-31-04, 01:21 PM
Okay, okay... twist my arm. I'll even supply the car and the engine... AND... you get to keep the old 3.4 stuff ;)

btw- those are nice cars. I've owned a 91SE and a 93GTP, both were nice. Rear brakes were stupid though. And the 3.4 had a phantom stalling problem :suspense:

customGTP
10-31-04, 04:51 PM
I'm for hire :)

Sean McDonald
10-31-04, 05:09 PM
How much to convert an STS to RWD while keeping the Northstar motor?

customGTP
10-31-04, 07:01 PM
Well mainly it all depends on a few things... what front RWD suspension you want to adapt into it, I chose the LS1 Firebird front suspension because of the aftermarket its got and a very stiff and sporty ride, and what rear end you'd like to use. It also depends on what you are going to drive it as. Daily driver car will be set up completely different than like what i did. Mine is set up for RoadRacing and AutoCross, so I used a 4link rear like dirt circle track guys use to use their market of parts. I would use an independnt rear axel with most of the projects from now on to get the ride as close as possible to what you have now.

Hope that helps some.. any more questions?

blb
11-01-04, 10:48 AM
Great project! I'm curious why you chose to use the Northstar instead of the LS1.

eldorado1
11-01-04, 11:25 AM
I'm curious why you chose to use the Northstar instead of the LS1.

Some people just don't get it. :cookoo:

blb
11-01-04, 03:41 PM
Well, lets see.......the LS1 would already bolt right up to the transmission being used, the LS1 is much less mechanically complex than a Northstar, the LS1 is more powerful than the Northstar, there are more aftermarket parts for the LS1, and he used the front suspension (aka.. engine cradle) from from a car already using an LS1. I can understand if it is one of those...."let's see if we can do it deals"......but other than that, it seems like using an LS1 would have been easier, cheaper, quicker and the end result would be a faster car.....tell me eldo1, if its not too much trouble,...what am I missing?

eldorado1
11-01-04, 06:51 PM
tell me eldo1, if its not too much trouble,...what am I missing?

2 words: QUADCAM V8. ;)

Plus, nobody has a northstar... It's to be different from every other Joe who drops a 350 into his _whatever_... That was my reasoning anyways... :bouncy:

customGTP
11-02-04, 12:54 AM
2 words: QUADCAM V8.

Plus, nobody has a northstar... It's to be different from every other Joe who drops a 350 into his _whatever_... That was my reasoning anyways...

Are you female? May I marry you? :) J/k but thats EXACLTY it. Ever hear a LS1 at 6K on an on-ramp? Ehhh its alright ...sounds good
Ever hear a N* on an on-ramp? ITS ORGASMIC

customGTP
11-02-04, 12:57 AM
oh and the LS1 would be too easy.. whats the fun in that... I may as well shouldve put a frame under it too... made it a lot easier lol PSSHHH screw that

blb
11-02-04, 09:07 AM
I understand......again, great project and nice job.

eldorado1
11-02-04, 09:11 AM
Are you female?

Heh, no. :cookoo: :suspect:

Sean McDonald
11-03-04, 12:27 AM
2 words: QUADCAM V8. ;)

Plus, nobody has a northstar... It's to be different from every other Joe who drops a 350 into his _whatever_... That was my reasoning anyways... :bouncy:

Exactly! :) These guys and their LS1's, etc..... :drinker :banghead:

customGTP
11-07-04, 03:30 PM
id like to fab up a chevy beretta FWD Ls1/4t80e or a RWD LS1/T56 and sleeper that one too... that would be badass.

blb
11-07-04, 05:49 PM
There's a company doing the LS1 /T56 transplant into Miatas. It's a real tight fit as you might imagine.

treetop
11-13-04, 12:25 AM
At SEMA (or maybe it was CES?) a few years back there was someone doing a conversion with 2 NorthStar motors, one driving the front wheels and a second one in the trunk triving the rear wheels. No kidding, 4-wheel drive by 2 separate motors synced by computer somehow. They called it the TwinStar. If I remember correctly it was an Eldog, and the body was modified in some way to give it a longer wheelbase.

Just some random trivia for my first post, I thought it might be of related interest..

customGTP
04-23-05, 12:41 AM
so anyone else like a rwd N*?

Spyder
04-23-05, 09:12 PM
I just tried your link to the one you were building to check it out...nothing was there...

customGTP
04-24-05, 12:18 AM
yeah i know i just emailed them and told them my link doesnt work.. hopefully ill have one of my own up.
ill update it in a few days when they get back to me Monday hopefully

customGTP
04-25-05, 09:01 PM
I just tried your link to the one you were building to check it out...nothing was there...
fixed: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665715

addison_ii
04-25-05, 09:19 PM
CustomGTP: Wow, you've got some major dedication to this project. It's a very nice setup. Post pics when you get Man6dohc8 finished. Remember don't beat them to bad or you won't have anybody to race.

customGTP
04-26-05, 01:14 AM
page 12 is up as of now