: good choice or bad choice

Emax
10-12-11, 08:39 PM
Hi guys new to the forum! About 3 weeks ago I traded my 2005 corvette Z51 spd (10,000 miles bought it new) for a 2011 cts v auto just wondering if i made right choice i loved the corvette and i love the caddy but is it going to hold it's value like the corvette in years to come. The V is very nice black diamond and has the rear seats for the kids and the wife can drive it. What do you guys think. good decision or bad. Thanks emax.

JimmyH
10-12-11, 08:53 PM
good

welcome to the forums!

Caddyscat
10-13-11, 02:29 AM
The V is very nice black diamond and has the rear seats for the kids and the wife can drive it.

You just answered your own question!

odla
10-13-11, 07:25 AM
great decision.

Cub Cadet
10-13-11, 08:40 AM
I did not think that the Corvette's held value... unless it was a ZR1, but they have still taken pretty good hits. The CTS-V will hold its value better than the Corvette. The rarity of a CTS-V with a manual transmission will make its value the highest of the bunch. The blue color offered in 2009 may also make it the rarest color and add value. It was definitely not a color for everyone though.

Tuna
10-13-11, 08:56 AM
A "regular" Corvette doesn't hold value as good as we Vette owners would like.
Given that the "V" is always going to be rarer than any regular Vette, I would expect the "V" to hold value better.
Either way, it's okay with me as I don't buy cars for investments, I buy them to drive.

Too bad you couldn't keep the Vette and buy the "V"!