: Looking at new SRX, what constitutes a good deal?

Jcode68
10-11-11, 10:15 PM
First time Cadillac buyer, looking at AWD Luxury package with navigation option I. black Ice. There are no incentives/rebates in my area (MA) and I'm not sure what is typical when it comes to negotiating a good deal on these cars. What is a good place to start? Also, what is the friend and family discount I have read about on this forum? Is that something I can take advantage of? Appreciate the responses, this looks like a good forum with real enthusiasts willing to help each other!

Marc NY
10-12-11, 07:33 AM
Probably your best bet is to use the "Supplier" discount for Friends.

NOTE: It is not called F & F or Family & Friends discount!

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SupplierDisc-2.jpg

If you decide you want to buy GM then PM me and I will see if I have one this month still available.

GM Employee's only get one a month to hand out! :rolleyes:

BTW: I think you will love the Black Ice! I DO! :cool2:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/DSC_7991SM.jpg

GMJim
10-12-11, 07:39 AM
Thanks for considering GM.

Supplier pricing will give you a savings of $2023.00

Example: AWD LUX NAV Black Ice.

MSRP with color, NAV, and delivery 45945
Supplier price 43952

Maxdmax
10-12-11, 07:40 AM
I just bought a new 2012 SRX AWD Premium about a month ago. Keep in mind they get at least a 3% dealer hold back on these cars so for an invoice price of $46,000 they $1,380 for selling the car. I did my research to be sure there was no other incentives for the car so this was not something to bargain on. I always pay cash for the car and I normally will offer $500.00 over invoice and hold my ground. But when I realized they did not really know the value of the new 3.6 I just offered dealer invoice for the car. We ended up agreeing on $100.00 over the invoice, to be honest I was not expecting this and once the news gets around about the better motor I am not sure it will be this easy. Take a look at edmunds.com is a good place to see what the car costs them and what others are paying. I always end up working out this deal on all my cars for the invoice plus $500.00, with the hold back this is fair and I just tell them take it or leave it and up getting the car I want. Keep in mind this won't always work on a very popular car, but the SRX is not in this group right now so it should be a doable thing right now.

smiley47
10-12-11, 11:16 AM
If you qualify, check out the USAA car buying service. I ran a quick config on a 2012 AWD Lux with NAV, color, and it came out about $500 under invoice from USAA.
Also month end is a good time to buy.

2012Pearl
10-12-11, 12:45 PM
We bought a CTS about 1 month ago and were offered 0% so when I went to buy my SRX and wasn't willing to pay more than 2.9 %APR, they just said screw it, they weren't making any money and I got it for below invoice when there were no incentives on it. I think I got lucky though. Since you are paying cash, it's a different story. Holding your ground goes a long way though!

iampinkandorange
10-12-11, 04:25 PM
I was fortunate enough that the dealership posted really low prices online. I paid $41405 for my 2012 SRX Performance with the 20" chrome tech wheels, chrome grill, and got them to throw in a set of all weather floormats. The lowest any other dealership would go was in the $42500-$43500 range.

Huey Driver
10-12-11, 09:02 PM
I too, will be buying soon (SRX AWD Lux) at the end of Dec. I found, in my very limited research, to this point, that USAA seems to do the best.
My question is on 'stacking' discounts. I think the USAA buying service price includes the Military Appreciation discount. Am I right, or should I try and add that? What about GM loyalty discount? I have also seen here that it can be added on top of whatever other discounts come, since that is a factory offer. But is that really true considering the popularity of the SRX?
I want the dealer to be happy with our deal, as much as me. Its the start of an ongoing relationship that I want to be positive.

Gronk
10-13-11, 03:57 AM
Take a look at www.truecar.com they will give you the exact retail price, the invoice price, and what the dealer really pays for the vehicle.
It will also show you what is a fair price for the car and what is a super price for the car and what the average has been for all sales to date.

Jcode68
10-13-11, 10:13 PM
Thanks for all the replies, some good insight and information here. I need to spend some more time reviewing the options presented.

@Marc NY, appreciate your offer to apply your supplier discount for me. I may take you up on this, although it sounds like negotiating for $500 over invoice may net a better price. This is the approach I have taken on other new vehicles and given the dealer hold back, everyone makes out fairly. The pic of your black ice SRX looks great, like the wheels.
My timing is looking like the end of the month, so hopefully thatnworks to my advantage. I just sold my A6, being picked up Saturday so will need to pull this together in the next week or so. Has anyone had much luck getting quotes over the Internet from dealers? Basically, searching local dealer inventories for THE car you want and request a quote for best price. Just wondering if thisnis worth the hassle of having 5 different dealers hound you versus just working price with the dealer you really want to buy from. my dealer has a 2011 in black ice with the right options I am looking for, but I'm thinking the 3.6 engine is an important differentiator given some of the posts I have read about the 3.0 being underpowered causing trans to shift frequently. Plus the dealer told me they still do not have any incentives released for the 2011. Appreciate your opinions!

smiley47
10-13-11, 10:23 PM
Definitely go 2012

Marc NY
10-14-11, 07:54 AM
... my dealer has a 2011 in black ice with the right options I am looking for, but I'm thinking the 3.6 engine is an important differentiator given some of the posts I have read about the 3.0 being underpowered causing trans to shift frequently. Plus the dealer told me they still do not have any incentives released for the 2011. Appreciate your opinions! There are many other great reasons to consider getting the 2012 besides the 3.6L engine. :)

GMJim
10-14-11, 12:06 PM
Marc, looks like you will need to trade in that antiquated, hunk-a-junk, POS, 2012
on a 2013...............:hide:

Marc NY
10-14-11, 09:34 PM
Marc, looks like you will need to trade in that antiquated, hunk-a-junk, POS, 2012
on a 2013...............:hide::shhh: Jim don't say anything like that because I really love my 2012 SRX!

Hmmm ... however, if I happen to find another eager buyer again I just might consider moving into a 2013 ... :smilewide:

Jcode68
10-17-11, 09:07 PM
Update - my Audi A6 is gone (sold) and I am ready to move forward with purchasing a 2012 SRX. I went to my local dealer tonight and negotiated a $400 over invoice price for an SRX with the options I am looking for (AWD Luxury, Black Ice, Ebony interior, Navigation package). The dealer needs to locate the car and has found 2 at nearby dealers and will contact them tomorrow to see if they are willing to let them go. One of the cars also has the trailer package and the other has compact spare tire option. I guess my only question at this point is am I better off using the Supplier Discount graciously offered by Marc NY or the $400 over invoice that I have negotiated? Feedback appreciated.

Jcode68
10-18-11, 09:27 PM
@Marc NY, could you provide me with the Supplier Discount? I checked with my dealer and this would save me an additional few hundred dollars below the deal I had negotiated, so would be greatly appreciated if you could do this for me. I tried to PM you, but for some reason, I cannot find how to do this on this forum. Hopefully you see this post!

Probably your best bet is to use the "Supplier" discount for Friends.

NOTE: It is not called F & F or Family & Friends discount!

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SupplierDisc-2.jpg

If you decide you want to buy GM then PM me and I will see if I have one this month still available.

GM Employee's only get one a month to hand out! :rolleyes:

BTW: I think you will love the Black Ice! I DO! :cool2:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/DSC_7991SM.jpg

Jcode68
10-19-11, 08:38 PM
Just a quick update and closure to this thread, GMJim provided me with the Supplier discount code which resulted in me getting the SRX for almost $500 UNDER invoice, nice! Thanks again Jim, appreciate your willingness to help strangers, but enthusiasts! I take delivery Saturday morning and look forward to getting familiar with mynnew SRX.

Huey Driver
10-20-11, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a great deal. Even though I had planned on waiting until late Dec (a date that was moved from March 2012) the dealer here has a great gold mist model with (I think) pretty much just what I want. I'm losing my self-control with every mouseclick... :D

Huey Driver
10-20-11, 01:42 PM
And I still have to figure out whatever programs I would use. USAAs price on a AWD Lux is $40,600 ($1000 under invoice or $2500 off MSRP). Some have said thats about equivalent to the supplier discount. With a supplier, question would be can I add the $750 military cash back (USAA price includes that). And can a GM Loyalty discount (if available) be added on top of all of it...

eulawang
10-21-11, 06:33 PM
I was fortunate enough that the dealership posted really low prices online. I paid $41405 for my 2012 SRX Performance with the 20" chrome tech wheels, chrome grill, and got them to throw in a set of all weather floormats. The lowest any other dealership would go was in the $42500-$43500 range.

Which state did you bought this?

Huey Driver
10-23-11, 06:47 PM
Last night I officially changed my status from 'Wannabee' to 'Owner'.... :thumbsup:

Really, I didnt use anything. I went in with the USAA price and threat of a supplier discount, military discount and GM loyalty. I wasnt eligible for the loyalty discount under either my name or VIN. They just offered me invoice up front, so no need for USAA. The lead guy came in and took off another $250 off and added another $500 to my trade. Its all comparing apples and oranges, especially when considering a trade. I would have liked about $500 more for the trade, but there was some hidden things with the trailblazer that I'm happy to be rid of. :canttalk:

So, anyway, thanks for the banter. Its always good to have as much info as possible. And truth be told, I agreed to the deal before the sales manager did his thing, so obviously they had room to work, and wanted a satisfied customer... Which I am!

(purchased from Moore Cadillac of Chantilly, VA)

Jcode68
10-23-11, 07:20 PM
Congratulations, sounds like you did pretty well on the price. I went to pick my new SRX up on Saturday and was dissapointed to find a dent in the lower front passenger door and a paint chip in the left rear door. The dent was right on the body line making for a tough repair, especially when you need to color match and blend the black ice paint which is very heavy metallic. Car came from a dealer in NY (located it for me), not sure when the damage happened. So i told dealer I didn't want a new car that needed body nd paint work. They handled it well and located another match for me in RI. Will have it on Monday, should take delivery on Tuesday. Second time is the charm? We shall see...

MacMuse
10-23-11, 09:20 PM
Congrats Huey!