: Radio will not turn off (2009)CTS-V

thunder gray
10-11-11, 04:21 PM
When I park my car and turn off the ignition the radio stays on even after I shut the door.

Club Malibu
10-11-11, 04:51 PM
I think I vaguely recall this before on the forum. I may be wrong but if I remember correctly, the dealership found frayed wires under the seat which was causing all sorts of havoc on the car.

If it is not that it may be a body module.

If this situation happened to me, I would disconnect the battery, wait 30 minutes and then reconnect. (Remember to open the trunk, let the car "time-out" for 25 minutes and then disconnect the battery otherwise you will trip the aux battery that keeps your onstar powered in the event of a crash and the aux battery will completely die and need to be replaced).

If that dont fix it, then it's dealership time.

Keep us updated of what the problem/solution is. I'm curious.

tedcmiller
10-11-11, 07:11 PM
I think you have a problem. The radio is supposed to shut off when the driver's door is opened. I don't know about any auxiliary battery or how it is to be replaced.

JOEYCTS-V
10-11-11, 07:11 PM
I've had this happen to me a few times. If I would open the door from the outside and turn the key to the on position and then off again it would stop. It only happens to me when I come home and I'm in a hurry to get out of the car. I forgot how I duplicated it but it's something like turning the key while you have the door open and leaving the key in the car. Maybe it thinks it's in accessory mode or something. When does it occur for you?

stabie
10-11-11, 08:21 PM
Just shut/re-open the door & I think it will shut off. If it does, its the module in the door if I remember right. Happened on my 08.

JOEYCTS-V
10-11-11, 09:08 PM
You might be right. I thought I had to cycle my ignition to turn it off. Next time it happens I'll look out for it.

thunder gray
10-11-11, 10:57 PM
It was in the accessory mode, not sure how that happened but "stabie" you were correct. Thank you!

tedcmiller
10-11-11, 11:16 PM
'08 what? No CTS-V was made for 2008.

stabie
10-11-11, 11:51 PM
08 CTS DI, but the interior even on my 11V is almost identical to the 08. In my case, it was a module problem. I never tried leaving in acc mode and opening the door to see what happened. In my case, ignition was off and the radio would stay on very intermittently when I would open the door. I still remember taking it to the dealer thinking great, like this is going to be able to be reproduced. As luck would have it, when I got out, it did it and I stood there with the door open waiting for the mechanic to come see. No way was I letting the valet close the door.

SSpray
06-18-13, 10:42 AM
Same issue.
Has a permanent solution other than cycle the ignition and open and close the door again and again (none of which is helping my car) been discovered?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-18-13, 04:50 PM
Same issue.
Has a permanent solution other than cycle the ignition and open and close the door again and again (none of which is helping my car) been discovered?

Hello SSpray,

I apologize that you are experiencing the same issue with your radio staying on in your CTS-V. Have you taken your vehicle to have the dealership try and recreate it? If you would like to take it to the dealership, please private message me and I would be happy to assist you in working with them. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

neuronbob
06-18-13, 05:25 PM
Same issue.

I thought this was a software issue for 2009s and was resolved long ago. Looks like it's time for a search. :)

Trapspeed
06-18-13, 05:33 PM
Just had this problem fixed. Faulty door module. New module, no issues.

45LongColt
07-08-13, 11:57 AM
Mine will do this every time if I open the drivers side door while the engine is running and radio on. If I then turn the car off and close the door the radio is still on. I have to open the door, recycle the key, then close the door to get the radio to turn off.

Seems you need to turn the car off before opening the drivers side door while the radio is playing.

45LongColt

DiamondWhtV
07-08-13, 12:19 PM
Interesting. My 2010 sometimes the radio won't turn off when the door is opened. And the easy exit doesn't work when this happens. Lately, the easy exit and entry stops working sporadically and the radio sporatically doesn't turn off. Haven't been to the dealer yet. Biggest fear is not being able to duplicate the problem while at the dealership. It's due for service next month and I will have the dealer check this out.

Consensus is the door module?? Someone mentioned body module??

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-08-13, 02:24 PM
Interesting. My 2010 sometimes the radio won't turn off when the door is opened. And the easy exit doesn't work when this happens. Lately, the easy exit and entry stops working sporadically and the radio sporatically doesn't turn off. Haven't been to the dealer yet. Biggest fear is not being able to duplicate the problem while at the dealership. It's due for service next month and I will have the dealer check this out.

Consensus is the door module?? Someone mentioned body module??

Hello DiamondWhtV,

I see you are taking your vehicle in for service next month. Let us know how your visit goes and if your radio issue is able to be resolved. I apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing for you. I can be reached via private message and we can discuss any other questions or concerns you may also have.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

DiamondWhtV
07-12-13, 01:34 PM
Just to follow up. Couldn't wait until next month to get the problem resolved. Radio just wouldn't shut off no matter what I did.

Problem was a simple drivers door switch that signals everything to turn off when the door is opened with key off. Covered by the warranty, so I don't know what the cost was, but seems to me that it wouldn't be all that expensive to repair even if it wasn't covered. Had the car serviced at the same time. Great dealership!! Best service department anywhere.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-12-13, 04:03 PM
Just to follow up. Couldn't wait until next month to get the problem resolved. Radio just wouldn't shut off no matter what I did.

Problem was a simple drivers door switch that signals everything to turn off when the door is opened with key off. Covered by the warranty, so I don't know what the cost was, but seems to me that it wouldn't be all that expensive to repair even if it wasn't covered. Had the car serviced at the same time. Great dealership!! Best service department anywhere.

Hi DiamondWhtV,

Thank you for updating us after your recent visit to the dealership. I am happy to hear your radio issue was fixed by the dealership and covered under warranty for you. I am also glad to know you are satisfied with the dealer you worked with and they have such a great service department for you. If any other concerns or questions arise, you know how to reach us.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

spearfish25
07-12-13, 05:27 PM
Sometimes my center cluster (radio, A/C LCDs, buttons, nav) don't power on when I start the car. Cycling the ignition fixes it.

DenFo
09-19-13, 08:52 PM
I have a 2010 that is outside of warranty now. Took it in to Cadillac when it was under warranty and the couldn't reproduce the problem. Now it happens every time I go to get out of the car. Do you know what sensor in the door was replaced? This could get expensive to chase....

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-19-13, 11:41 PM
I have a 2010 that is outside of warranty now. Took it in to Cadillac when it was under warranty and the couldn't reproduce the problem. Now it happens every time I go to get out of the car. Do you know what sensor in the door was replaced? This could get expensive to chase....
Hello DenFo,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your radio every time you get out of the car. If you do plan on taking your vehicle back to the dealership so that they can look into this situation, please feel free to private message us and we can assist you in working with the dealership. You can also reach out to us at socialmedia.com. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Trapspeed
09-20-13, 07:36 AM

It was a control module of some sort. A pretty common issue from what I've seen. I had mine replaced under warranty but I think it was a $400. repair. If need be I can try to track down the part number.

DiamondWhtV
09-20-13, 02:34 PM

Sorry I don't know what sensor or switch was replaced. But my service advisor said it was common enough that he knew what I was talking about. He didn't say how much it would have cost me, but I got the impression that it wasn't that much.

EnV
01-17-14, 11:45 AM
Does anyone have the part number for this by any chance? I am having the same problem in my 09, also read it could be a faulty door latch?

Thomas H
01-18-14, 12:13 AM
Had same problem on my 2010 V and was fixed under warranty a year ago. The repair order states they replaced drivers door latch, switches internal. Part #22922943. It did the trick, no more issues after that. Hope this helps.

EnV
01-18-14, 12:41 AM
Thanks man. I'm hoping to get mine replaced under my aftermarket warranty but I am asking around still to see where the cheapest place to buy one would be just in case.

Mika
01-28-14, 11:04 PM
I had that issue last year with my '09. Turn key off, open door and radio stayed on. I ordered and installed my driver door latch and no more problems. I want to say it was a little under $100 or around $120. Not an expensive fix.

Executor
01-30-14, 04:20 PM
I have this exact same issue on my 2010 CTS (not a V). One of the symptoms matches Mika's description - turn key off, open door and radio stays on and steering wheel does not retract.
In addition, when entering the vehicle the memory seats and steering wheel won't slide back into position. The remote is obviously detected because the car starts and the memory is good because if I press the 1 button the seat and wheel move into the correct position.
This problem is intermittent and exacerbated by cold weather, under 10 degrees usually. I took it to the dealership, they could not reproduce it and found no error codes. However, based on the symptoms they said they will replace the driver's door latch.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-31-14, 12:20 PM
I have this exact same issue on my 2010 CTS (not a V). One of the symptoms matches Mika's description - turn key off, open door and radio stays on and steering wheel does not retract.
In addition, when entering the vehicle the memory seats and steering wheel won't slide back into position. The remote is obviously detected because the car starts and the memory is good because if I press the 1 button the seat and wheel move into the correct position.
This problem is intermittent and exacerbated by cold weather, under 10 degrees usually. I took it to the dealership, they could not reproduce it and found no error codes. However, based on the symptoms they said they will replace the driver's door latch.

Hello Executor,

I apologize for the vehicle concern you are experiencing. I see you are working with your dealership towards a resolution. Please keep me posted after the repair by reaching out to me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Palladin
08-24-14, 12:22 AM
Where is the door module?

In the door?

DPL
08-24-14, 11:37 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2014-cadillac-cts-v-general/530945-radio-not-shutting-off-when-opening.html#post13022042