: satin graphite wheels

kehock
10-11-11, 07:53 AM
i currently own an '08 sts-v and am seriously considering buying an '11 cts-v with the satin graphite wheels. i prefer the chrome wheels but the graphite wheels look good with the white exterior. i wanted to check with other owners to see if these wheels present any appearance maintenance challenges and/or are they easily scratched?

DoingOK
10-11-11, 12:36 PM
They are pretty much the same as having the silver painted cast wheel. Just care for them like a painted wheel.

The Tony Show
10-11-11, 12:40 PM
Small chips or curb rash will be more noticeable since the exposed areas will stand out on a dark wheel. Like DoingOK said, care and durability of them will be the same as any other painted wheel.

M5eater
10-11-11, 01:22 PM
Small chips or curb rash will be more noticeable since the exposed areas will stand out on a dark wheel. Like DoingOK said, care and durability of them will be the same as any other painted wheel.

+1.. Even though I'm crazy careful, on anything but perfect roads they'll be slightly pitted after a few thousand miles. There's also the thing where GM apparently likes to only paint half the barrel on their rims.. which I don't like because I paid $800 for some paint anyway. other than that, they hide dust pretty well.

PCBeachDP
10-13-11, 10:20 PM
I have decided not to curb mine!:bang head:

PCBeach

wfo
10-15-11, 07:47 AM
Anything scratches when you don't pay attention or care enough to watch where your going. Otherwise a great choice.

Wheel maintenance like anything else is a concientious behavior.