: 05 passanger head light problem

makeet
10-09-11, 11:27 PM
I've searched the posts, and found a lot of good info,,,,, but here is my issue.

My 05 has had the flickering headlight issue on the drivers side for about a year. Finally the light went out, took it to a shop and they said the ballast was dead, they replaced it, and the light worked,,,for about 3 weeks, it kept flickering and now it's dead again.

My neighbor and I took off the bumper and tested all the grounds and no power is coming out of the ballast. Looks like the new one is now dead.

I don't see any problem with the wiring harness and where it touches the plug wires. We moved the drivers side to the passenger side and wiggled all the wires,, no flickering. We moved the bulb from the passenger to the driver side, no problems.

What should I do now? What should I check? Can't keep burning through ballasts every month. And does anybody have one for sale that works?

Thanks again for all of your help and ideas.

lunarx
10-10-11, 03:01 AM
I could sell you a working Driver Side headlight assembly from my 16K mi V.
Since I replaced the Passenger assembly with new, for moisture and dead ballast, I would like to put a new assembly in the Driver side too.
Its good but has a small crack in one corner.
Let me know if interested.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

GDPossehl
10-10-11, 12:14 PM
Any signs of moisture damage?

OneFast V
10-10-11, 12:46 PM
swap the ballast to the passenger side and make sure you can repeat the issue. If you can, I would take it back to the shop and see if they will warranty the part for premature failure.

makeet
10-12-11, 08:08 PM
Does anybody know if I need a 12 pin or 4 pin on the ballast? I have an 05.