: Winter Tire issue

Theshadowca
10-09-11, 04:38 PM
I just installed Core racing 20 inch rims with 255/35r20 xl nok hakk r 97r winter tires and have noticed some small issues.

Steering is not as tight as with the pilots( seem to be drifting left to right at highway speeds)
Cant accelerate as fast when getting up to highway speed and traction control light comes on on dry pavement.

Is this a fact of life with winter tires as I have always had all seasons, and have also been spoiled by the grip of the pilots.

I know I'll be glad for winter tires when the snow flies but right now the V is not as much fun to driveas before.

Cant wait till the spring.

thebigjimsho
10-09-11, 04:57 PM
Have you never driven on snow tires before? It is a fact of life. and where do you live that you have snow tires on now??

Theshadowca
10-09-11, 05:06 PM
No to driving on snow tires and I'm in Calgary Ab. Snow is forcast for next week

thebigjimsho
10-09-11, 05:11 PM
oof. It's in the 80s and sunny in MA today, although that's rare. Yeah, even the best performing snows are going to be nowhere near a good performance tire...

thebigjimsho
10-09-11, 05:11 PM
BUT, they're like that for a reason. They'll be great in the snow, so...

Prof
10-11-11, 07:17 AM
Auto sport is a constant process of trade-offs. Get used to the conundrums that confound all of us. You just can't have it all in one vehicle...hence the trend towards vehicles for each purpose.