: Need Help

Gas_Drinking78caddy
10-29-04, 08:48 PM
My main transportion is a Isuzu Rodeo, the motor need to be replaced. So I now have to use my project car to get to and from work "120 mile round trip"
I bought my caddy a year ago from a family member "so it a in the family car".
I replace the stock engine in it with a 472cc motor It also was a family members car...LOL
OK now comes the hard part. Every body told me this enigine was the bomb!
I PUT IT IN NOW i HAVE ALL KINDS OF PROLEMS. First it over heated a lot. when i drove it to work it made it with over heating but the next day. I drove it, it over heated on me change the radiator cap still over heated. change higher pressure cap still over heated. Finally replaced radiator, now it ok.
New set of problems now Drive to work about 60 miles it stole and sopters like it choke or lack of gas. It starts right up and some times it act like it flooded. And when i let it rest for about 5 mins i can drive it ok for a few miles until it does the same thing again. When it cold in the morning or evening heading for home it runs like a champ. But when i get close to to house or work it dies on me. I'm thinking about a Carb rebiuld job this weekend. Just want to know I'm I going the right way about this or should I just have the engine yaked?

Gas_Drinking78caddy
11-03-04, 11:43 PM
well that didn't work still stalling out. after A rebiult carb. Off to the next guesstamation....LOL Looking into distributor and brain.
Determind to find this problem!

caddycarlo
11-04-04, 12:32 AM
how hot is the carb getting ? if it is to hot to touch when it acts up then it is boiling the fuel out of the carb

Gas_Drinking78caddy
11-23-04, 09:35 PM
Yahhhhhhhhooooo

I think I fix my problem. Still need to drive it a few more days to make sure. But YAhoooooooo I made it to work what out stalling and had power at the end of my run. I checked my sparkplug wire and change my plugs. Still need to replace rotor and Distr cap Cap on order. Be in tomarrow, the number 7 cylinder wire had some problems no connection in side so I cut back the wire and now it has a spark there is little burn outside the cable housing. So I'm gonna order new sparkplug wires.

Thanks all for your help

davesdeville
11-26-04, 12:15 AM
well that didn't work still stalling out. after A rebiult carb. Off to the next guesstamation....LOL Looking into distributor and brain.
Determind to find this problem!

Brain? Are you talking about the ignition control module?