: Finally Posted pics of my '85 Fleetwood Brougham, D'Elegance... Lookie, Lookie

Glabers
10-29-04, 09:43 PM
Hi everybody. It's been a while since I've been here... but I promised myself to come back soon to finally post pics of the new '85 Fleetwood Brougham, D'elegance I picked up for $500. Under 7000 original miles and in mint condition. I especially like the Rolls custom grill... The looks I get. :thumbsup: :)

Please forgive the nasty pic if the inside... I didn'y notice the leaves until i uploaded it. :helpless:

Anyway, hope you enjoy the eyecandy
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2501017/5567956/71335111.jpg http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2501017/5567956/71335093.jpg http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2501017/5567956/71335120.jpg

Adam
10-29-04, 09:55 PM
for only 500, man that thing is nice. looks brand new.

evilrussian
10-29-04, 09:57 PM
$500.00 :eek: !? Thats a hell of a deal for a hell of a car! I paid that much for a totaled '90! Sweet... really nice car man... :thumbsup:

Glabers
10-29-04, 10:26 PM
Actually, it was a dissaster initially. My wife's 90 year old boss said to her "get it outta my garage... You want it, take it, I haven't driven it in over 3 years". For tax purposes, I insisted on a $500 payment to avoud a potential Anna Nicole Smith suspisions :shhh:

Opening the garage revealed a car encased in green mold, utterly.. both inside and out. The garage often flooded and of course he left the windows open, so the inside was also nice and green. Additionally, the tank was full... so I had to worry about a fouled and ruined fuel system.

After a thorough cleaning and a 4hr battary charge... BAM :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: , the darn thing turned over and ran like a top. I spent a couple of hundred bucks to change all the fluids, belts & hoses.. It's like new. No corrosion, no dents or scratches throughout. People are offering me major cash for this beaut.

Hopefully, It'll last as is for a few years.

ocjmakaveli
10-29-04, 10:41 PM
nice nice i love those caddy's one word describes them.....

CLASSIC

whenever i think of caddy it's the old style 1960s caddy or the one you have they both have the caddy trademark with the big arse tail lights and big body upper class tradition which died out with the suv lol luckily theres the escalade.

nice work and GREAT DEAL doesn't get any better than that usually a 500.00 car needs a motor/trans minimum with new body parts and interior is rotted to hell beyond repair lucky lucky you.

take care of it or the cadillac gods will haunt you ....lol

later

RBraczyk
10-29-04, 11:00 PM
I think he has sandy beat for the mileage.

DopeStar 156
10-29-04, 11:13 PM
Are those factory wire wheels? I've been looking for a pair for a while now.

Sandy
10-29-04, 11:40 PM
Oh 'Ya..it's a beauty, for sure!! I have 2,700 MORE miles and he's 8 years old. No contest, he wins!! :bouncy:

Glabers
10-29-04, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure on the wheels... but they're definately the originals... believe or not, but the tires are originals too... not sure how safe that is either

brougham
10-30-04, 02:16 AM
Looks like a nice car! And for a good price!

DopeStar 156
10-30-04, 02:58 AM
The tires are original? That might not be so good, but if the tread is sufficient, go with 'em.

barge master
10-30-04, 05:54 AM
It speaks to me. Very nice car. I can certainly appreciate finding a diamond in the rough like that. Getting a nice car for a lot less than it's worth is the only way to go. A little soap and water and a little TLC and boom you have a car that turns heads. That green mold has been my friend several times!!

Glabers
10-30-04, 11:20 AM
Do I win a prize for the lowest mileage? :bouncy: Like a corn & wart remover, or something awesome like that?

This old gentleman, explained to me that he drove his wife to Virginia and back, to the local store... and church on Sunday's once in a while. He mostly used his Labaron. He was 5' 1" tall before his spine totally curled up about 10 years ago... now he 4' 2"... I shit you not... so he was likely reluctant to drive this tank in the 1st place. I think it was a matter of always wanting a Caddy.

Amazingly, these 20 year old original tires have all the tread remaining... so I think I'm ok there.

To sum it up.... I love driving this car so much, that I actually volunteer to go to the store now, where as befor I used to bitch like a bitch. Yeah, my mother ruined me as a kid in the '60s by sending be to the friggen store 5 time a day :bonkers:

Leloz
10-30-04, 01:28 PM
Wow, you really lucked out!!! Congrats on one beautiful Fleetwood! I regret selling my 1992 D'elegance (show winner) last year :banghead: Someone offered me good money at a show and I gave in.. hold onto her! Don't give into it because you will regret it.

luddyludwick
10-30-04, 04:26 PM
Not too shabby (in the words of Adam Sandler)

IMHO, '85 was a good year for Fleetwood Broughams...lol...take a guess why!

Do you know the deal with the HT4100? If not, start checking around. You want to be sure your coolant and oil is in good shape. Just check the HT board here on the forum!

Enjoy...looks beautiful!

Glabers
10-30-04, 04:58 PM
Oh yeah... I'm well up to speed on these HT4100s.. Amuninum head uniquenesses and the necessary coolant pellets every 2 years... I learned a ton of all this good stuff right on this board... but thanks for the heads-up.

DopeStar 156
10-30-04, 05:12 PM
Yeah, definately keep up on those HT4100 tasks.

Fleetwood Blaq
10-31-04, 03:45 PM
Beautiful car :D You got one hell of a deal. Most folks probably would have looked at the mold and said hell no. But you saw the beauty within. Way to go.

Glabers
10-31-04, 07:44 PM
If anything, I think the green mold pickled the car preserving the vinyl, leather and chrome... I really lucked out.

Thanks everybody.

davesdeville
11-01-04, 02:49 AM
I already have 3 non running cars: a Dodge Omni, a 78 Fleetwood, a 69 VW bug, and I may pick up an 86 Thunderbird real soon. But today I saw a 4100 Fleetwood today (maybe a deville, but it had velour so I assume it's a fleet), and it had an orange sticker. The orange sticker means the car's going to get towed off by the city pretty soon. So I might offer a couple $ for it if it's not a total POS when I look at it tomorrow in the daytime.

3lowlacs
11-06-04, 01:42 AM
looks good :)

Mystical_Ice
11-07-04, 06:52 PM
the 4100s weren't bad engines if you took care of them and didn't abuse them. particularly in a car like this 85 (great looking car by the way), i can't see the old man abusing the engine, and with low mileage like that, as long as you don't try to race everyone, the engine should last you.

remember, the 4100 isn't meant to peel out at every traffic light. it's meant to cruise in, and if you remember that, the engine will last you as long as the car