: 2006 CTS-V, does it have a LOW OIL indicator??

mmayzak
10-08-11, 01:43 PM
Hello all,

I just got my oil changed today... found out the LS2 takes 6 quarts of oil, but I also found that I was a quart low??

Does this LS2 have a low oil indicator??

Mike in Oklahoma

RippyPartsDept
10-08-11, 01:58 PM
dipstick... check it at every chance you get ... one quart low isn't really that big a deal, but definitely stay on top of checking the level

odthetruth
10-08-11, 03:04 PM
Yes I believe it does, but I think the low oil light shows up after more then 1 quart.
However, just check the dipstick at every cold start \ gas fill up. Don't check the oil while the cars already been running and fully warmed up, since not much will be sitting in the pan and everything will be circulating. Leave it sit for about 10-20 minutes off, and then check it.

AAIIIC
10-08-11, 06:02 PM
dipstick... check it at every chance you get ... one quart low isn't really that big a deal, but definitely stay on top of checking the level
What he said. There is a low level switch mounted on the side of the pan, but I don't know how low you have to get the oil to trigger it.

And with the LS6, the capacity is 6qts + the oil filter, so it's more like 6.5qts. I assume the LS2 spec is the same, but I could be wrong.

rand49er
10-09-11, 09:54 AM
dipstick... check it at every chance you get ...Especially with an LS2. :stirpot:

texasseville
10-09-11, 02:42 PM
Yes the '06 has a low oil level function. My check oil light came on the other day and I was a little over a quart low and the light also came on when I first bought it as well. I need to get into a habit of checking the oil level in the V regularly. I could check my Tundras oil level every month, sometimes not at all between oil changes and I was never low on oil. Ive never had a car that burns this much oil in a small amount of time / mileage.