: 2012 SRX importing phonebook

macklobell
10-07-11, 09:57 PM
I thought starting in 2011, you were able to import your cell phone contacts onto the NAV screen of the SRX. I don't see this option available. I have a 2012 Luxury package AWD...

Maxdmax
10-07-11, 10:28 PM
It simply reads your address book automatically for what ever phone is connected. In a way it does download it, but it is more like caching a Web page on a computer. It refreshes every time you connect, but does not retain the info long term. In a lot of ways it is better than a download.

macklobell
10-07-11, 10:38 PM
Do you have to hit the phone button twice....I can't get it to work..

macklobell
10-09-11, 12:28 AM
I am not even getting the phonebook option when I hit the phone button to the right of the navigation screen. I also tried a new Samsung flip phone from Verizon. Could this be a hardware problem with the car? It's a 2012 SRX luxury edition.

sube5186
10-09-11, 12:46 AM
I don't have this feature, so I can't help you out. This may sound like a silly question and I'm not being facetious, but did you look this up in the owner's manual?

Sube

macklobell
10-09-11, 12:56 AM
Absolutely did.....It could be the phone ...When you select the phone button the phonebook option should appear. Mine doesn't. I have an android xperia arc running 2.3.4 Android software.

sube5186
10-09-11, 01:34 AM
I had to ask because I've seen newbies on here who ask questions just because they're too lazy to look it up in the manual. I would suggest trying another phone. If a different phone works, there may be a conflict with your version of Android. Ice Cream Sandwich is right around the corner. It should change everything. Maybe for the better. Maybe for the worse. We'll just have to wait and see. If a different phone doesn't work either, it sounds like a radio software re-flash is in order.

Sube

Maxdmax
10-09-11, 09:34 AM
FWIW, the phonebook feature works on our 2012 SRX on my Blackberry Tourch and my Wife's iphone 4.

stevec5375
10-09-11, 10:17 AM
I don't want to point out the obvious and insult anyone here, but you did do a Bluetooth pairing of your phone to the car, right? :)

macklobell
10-09-11, 10:27 PM
Not for anything but some people are really rude in their replys...Yes, I did pair my sony xperia arc to the 2012 SRX...It works fine but the phonebook doesn't appear. A message at the top of the phone appears "Phonebook transfer request" but nothing happens. Earlier today, I tested by blackberry and the phonebook appeared. The problem may have something to do with Android or a second party software may be needed to complete the transfer.

Maxdmax
10-10-11, 07:46 AM
I got this out of the owners manual for our 2012 SRX I downloaded. For some reason your phone may not support the phone book feature.

Making a Call Using
Phone Book
For cell phones that support the
phone book feature, the Bluetooth
system can use the contacts stored
on your cell phone to make calls.
See your cell phone's owner's guide
or contact your wireless provider to
find out if this feature is supported
by your phone.
When a cell phone supports the
phone book feature, the Phone
Book and Call Lists menus are
automatically available.
The Phone Book menu allows you
to access the phone book stored in
the cell phone to make a call.
The Call Lists menu allows you to
access the phone numbers from the
Incoming Calls, Outgoing Calls, and
Missed Calls menus on your cell
phone to make a call.

To make a call using the Phone
Book menu:
1. Press the PHONE button twice.
2. Select Phone Book.
3. Search through the list by
selecting the letter group the
phone book entry begins with,
or press the SELECT button to
scroll through the entire list of
names/numbers in the
phone book.

classiccars
10-10-11, 08:43 AM
Maybe this past post will help:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/240248-uploading-phone-book.html

macklobell
10-10-11, 06:40 PM
Maybe this past post will help:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/240248-uploading-phone-book.html

I finally got it work after researching this relentlessly on the internet. When my android phone starts up, there is a message at the top that says phonebook transfer request. One forum noted that the user had to go in to the notifications screen and select always allow phonebook transfer. Once I completed this, the phonebook appeared on the nav screen and it works perfect. So anyone with an Android phone might want to try this.

smiley47
10-10-11, 07:50 PM
All of us 2010 SRX owners are envious of all this "importing phonebook" discussion. It's a high class problem.

stevec5375
10-11-11, 07:12 PM
All of us 2010 SRX owners are envious of all this "importing phonebook" discussion. It's a high class problem.

A work-around to the phone book for all you Android users out there....

You can use the Voice Pass-Thru capability on the SRX to talk to your phone directly using the exact same phone commands you would as if you're speaking to the phone.

This way you don't have to store an addition "tag" for each person in the SRX. It's all described in the manual for the 2010 model so I won't bore you with the gory details here. If you have the online manual for the 2010 SRX, it's on in section 6-60 and it's titled "Voice Pass-Thru".

SoCalSRX
11-02-11, 06:05 PM
I finally got it work after researching this relentlessly on the internet. When my android phone starts up, there is a message at the top that says phonebook transfer request. One forum noted that the user had to go in to the notifications screen and select always allow phonebook transfer. Once I completed this, the phonebook appeared on the nav screen and it works perfect. So anyone with an Android phone might want to try this.

Mack: I get the "phonebook transfer request" (PBAP), but when I hit OK nothing happens. Is there another setting in the phone?

Thanks!