: Browsing this forum on an iPad sucks

Delta
10-07-11, 07:55 PM
Anyone else try it? It almost makes me want to just not visit this site unless I'm at work on a pc.

That EXTREMELY annoying ad follows you on every page and makes it the site lag like a mofo, and even if you "X" it, it comes back on the next page you visit.

Then randomly (about every 5 pages you visit) an all encompassing ad pops up and you can't just work around, you have to "X" it out.

Is this driving anyone else F'n crazy?

I dont know if there is even something anybody can do about it, but that doesn't mean I can't bitch about it right? That is, after all, the Cadillac Owners way right?

Merge
10-07-11, 07:57 PM
That's because the iPad sucks! :D

MacMuse
10-07-11, 08:01 PM
Tapatalk

Works great on the iPad with this forum.

Delta
10-07-11, 08:13 PM
That's because the iPad sucks! :D
Lol. Touché.

Not to be a fanboi, but I actually love my iPad. Never thought it would grow on me as much as it would. Maybe I'll just use my app that let's me browse from my computer through the iPad. Should make it better.

Tapatalk

I thought tapatalk was a text message program?

Jesda
10-07-11, 08:14 PM
Get Opera Mini. Free and slick for browsing forums.

There's also:
Atomic Web
Opera Mobile
Mercury
Dolphin

Delta
10-07-11, 08:18 PM
Get Opera Mini. Free and slick for browsing forums.

There's also:
Atomic Web
Opera Mobile
Mercury
Dolphin

What do they do?

What kind of OS is this forum run off of? I'm used to VBulletin and never have the issues on the iPad thatni have with this forum.

Delta
10-07-11, 08:28 PM
Tapatalk

Downloaded it. I like it, but I don't like how you can't see the most recent poster and how recent the last thread was updated. Do any of the other ones mentioned do that?

gary88
10-07-11, 09:39 PM
Yeah those ads are pretty annoying.

vincentm
10-07-11, 09:58 PM
Downloaded it. I like it, but I don't like how you can't see the most recent poster and how recent the last thread was updated. Do any of the other ones mentioned do that?

Make the change in settings I use tapatalk for CF as I'm always interested in discussions here. So I use on my android phone.

Oh and yea, iPads suck :P

Jesda
10-07-11, 10:21 PM
What do they do?

What kind of OS is this forum run off of? I'm used to VBulletin and never have the issues on the iPad thatni have with this forum.

Alternative browsers.

hueterm
10-08-11, 12:19 AM
On the Galaxy Tab, I can browse it perfectly -- but I have a terrible time trying to type/post... Either the virtual keyboard won't launch, or it is slower than a late '70s diesel VW Rabbit...

OffThaHorseCEO
10-08-11, 12:52 AM
just fine on the playbook.

Playdrv4me
10-08-11, 01:03 AM
Tapatalk is by far the best forum reading utility for iPods, iPhones and Android devices out there. And keep in mind that site admins don't HAVE to activate support for it, so we're fortunate we even have that option.

I'm waiting for the Kindle Fire... Basically a Playbook sans camera with the same beautiful display but withOUT the increasingly iffy association with RIM. Not to mention 100 bucks cheaper (now that the Playbook is 299, which is where all these damn non-iPad tablets should have started to begin with).

hueterm
10-08-11, 01:24 AM
Mine is on order...

Jesda
10-08-11, 02:38 AM
just fine on the playbook.

Playbook is the coolest thing I've played with since the original iPad

Playdrv4me
10-08-11, 03:51 AM
Playbook is the coolest thing I've played with since the original iPad

Actually, it's better. Just the right size... and the smaller size also means increased pixel density.

Jesda
10-08-11, 05:37 AM
It's not big enough to replace the Thinkpad on the road.

Therefore, not sufficient for me.

OffThaHorseCEO
10-08-11, 12:21 PM
also, I carry my playbook with me EVERYWHERE, it fits in my pocket if it has too but makes me look retarded, so i carry it in hand, looks like a small notebook...

check out this video i recorded from the playbook the other day. the only reason i ran away is i didnt want my face clawed off

http://youtu.be/eH3O6rVme2g

Jesda
10-08-11, 07:51 PM
Nice!!

Rolex
10-09-11, 12:11 PM
:moved:

JimmyH
10-10-11, 03:24 PM
Tapatalk is great, but nothing replaces the full functionality of forum browsing on a PC. I tried browsing on an ipad, and ad or no ad, it sucks either way. Tiny screen, virtual keyboard, they are nothing compared to a true desktop keyboard and 28" screen.