: Extension cable to move cd changer from Center stack to another location

ThumperPup
10-07-11, 12:52 PM
are there any extension cables or cords i can get without having to wire and figure out what pin goes where ?
i just ordered a isimple unit the ISGM73 ipod-iphone integration but i don't want to loose my storage bins all 3 of them in the center stack

so i want to mount the unit somewhere els but i would need to have a cord and plug that is an extension to run it somewhere els since the cd changer plug and cord is all routed into that one big harness line and tapped together

i don't want to go opening that up and messing anything els up

so anything i can do to rout it to the Glove Box or under the dash ?

eldorado_97
10-07-11, 09:21 PM
I thought that unit didnt work with your nav? well anyways the one I had gotten came with an extremely long cable, so i ran it to my glove box no problem and mounted the module underneath the radio itself in the dash

ThumperPup
10-07-11, 11:59 PM
I thought that unit didnt work with your nav? well anyways the one I had gotten came with an extremely long cable, so i ran it to my glove box no problem and mounted the module underneath the radio itself in the dash

I spoke with Isimple i called them talked to there tech support they said the ISGM73 will replace the CD changer so basically the only wya it will work with the factory nav they told me i could not hard wire it in behind the deck it had to be plugged into the CD Changer they said who ever said it won't work doesn't know what they are doing
they said i have any problems call them and they will help out might be a jumper issue on the mo dual

But with the CD changer plug all warped up in that main harness that runs aground the floor under the console and all i don't want to put it there i wan tto put the Modual int he GLove box but i don't know how i would get a cable that would run i guess i need to get the Connectors and pin a cable myself that will let me route the cd changer or isimple unit to the glove box

eldorado_97
10-09-11, 01:46 AM
Well I hope it works for you but the Navigation uses the class 2 data to control the cd changer and the isimple only reads the old anaolg signals i thought.. but I dont know if it works thats great please update me on that, but I still dont believe it will work.

eldorado_97
10-09-11, 01:47 AM
Oh and now that i think of it there is an adaptor cable that runs from the stock harness to the isimple module, you could just cut and extend those wires if thats an option that would be a piece of cake then.

ThumperPup
10-09-11, 02:22 AM
Oh and now that i think of it there is an adaptor cable that runs from the stock harness to the isimple module, you could just cut and extend those wires if thats an option that would be a piece of cake then.

Im not sure im understanding what your saying

eldorado_97
10-10-11, 06:26 PM
The ISGM73 does not plug directly into the cd changer plug it has an adapter that it comes with, if you just extend that adapter then you will be fine