: So I've been drag racing, auto x and now i've hit the full track wit some road racing

liqidvenom
10-06-11, 10:01 PM
Well more of a HPDE course sponsored by the Audi club of NA. Those guys put on a great event. So here are the details.
Track:
Circuit Mont-Tremblant in Montreal QC. Excelent track to wring a vehicle around.
http://www.lecircuit.com/index.cfm

Pics:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/301076_626862670570_54903377_32950161_942954347_n. jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/298484_626862725460_54903377_32950165_1168701141_n .jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/317769_626862855200_54903377_32950170_161354640_n. jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/317191_626862925060_54903377_32950173_228972099_n. jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/298407_626863219470_54903377_32950182_328611061_n. jpg

Some videos ( i have a bunch more I am still working on) watch in 1080p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BK4siJVj0
My buddy is practicing a new line so thats why he is sorta moving slowly when i pass him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE9f1RNgH4g
My go-pro video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKXb0vAnCec

I have more videos and pics to come. Also for the more seasoned road racers I have some pros and cons about this outing and the vehicle in general i will post up in time.

if you want to view them on your own just add me to facebook. www.facebook.com/william.onwuka

rand49er
10-06-11, 10:12 PM
Maple leaves in the grill ... very Native of you.

j/k Looks like a fabulous time!

liqidvenom
10-06-11, 10:39 PM
Yeah the leaves were coming down and my car seemed to like to ingest them.

thebigjimsho
10-06-11, 11:30 PM
Oui oui! Wee wee?

AAIIIC
10-07-11, 07:42 AM
When I was living up in New England I knew some fellow Subie open trackers who went up to Mt. Tremblant. I've never been up there, but they all said the track is fantastic.

Some good pics. I'll have to watch the videos after work (don't want to bog down the Pentagon's lousy internet! :p).

jweymar
10-07-11, 08:00 AM
Looks like fun, thanks for sharing!!!

Aurora40
10-07-11, 08:45 AM
Don't take the wrong way, but do you have any videos of later in the day when you were really pushing? I kept skipping ahead in like 3-5 min chunks from your in-car, and it seems like they are all fairly "introductory" laps where you are coasting down a lot of straights and such. I'm sure it's faster than it looks, but it didn't seem "race pace" to my novice eye. Looks like a great track though!

And there didn't seem to be many Audi's at an Audi event?

crankedupforit
10-07-11, 09:51 AM
Nice pics and vids. Your car sounds glorious. How do you like the Exedy twin on the track?

repenttokyo
10-07-11, 12:38 PM
i live about an hour from that track, and was up there just a few weeks ago - cool to see other V owners making it north of the border.

i have a concussion so i am not "medically cleared" for track driving right now, but I believe a friend of mine was instructing at that event, in a black turbo miata.

JDB
10-07-11, 03:40 PM
Don't take the wrong way, but do you have any videos of later in the day when you were really pushing? I kept skipping ahead in like 3-5 min chunks from your in-car, and it seems like they are all fairly "introductory" laps where you are coasting down a lot of straights and such. I'm sure it's faster than it looks, but it didn't seem "race pace" to my novice eye. Looks like a great track though!

He said this was his first time on a road course. Text in the video. And that he's in Green group, which is the beginners. Mote seat time, and he will be faster.

As far as not many Audis, coming from an Audi and going to Audi club HPDEs (still do in my V), after the B5 platform A4 and S4 ending in 2001.5/2002, the brand took a turn for more family like cars and lost enthusiasts to cars faster out of the box (often cheaper like E36 M3s) that were better suited for the track. Audi has come back with some awesome cars again, so more will show up in enthusiasts hands....and more at DEs. Honestly, a lot of us in Black/Red run groups bring race cars for practice and DD an Audi or the like.

Aurora40
10-07-11, 06:42 PM
He said this was his first time on a road course. Text in the video. And that he's in Green group, which is the beginners. Mote seat time, and he will be faster.

Yes, from the conversation I could hear, it sounded like it was also his very first session.

I would imagine the later sessions he got faster and more aggressive. Like I said, not meant as an insult, just an inquiry.

liqidvenom
10-07-11, 07:38 PM

You must have missed the part about me having more videos to post. I go to work and work on a video at night when i have time.... I shall work faster for you. lol, j/k.

Also this event allowed anyone that had a qualifying vehicle. There were some audis but there were alot of porsches, vettes, bmws, etc. there arent many s/rs vehicles out there. Also there were 4 groups and that run people in my group all never been on that track before, so we were pretty spread out on the 2.2 mile track.

Nice pics and vids. Your car sounds glorious. How do you like the Exedy twin on the track?
It was great, the clutch took a beating and got us home 800miles away just like stock. it never slipped, or made a noise or anything.

i live about an hour from that track, and was up there just a few weeks ago - cool to see other V owners making it north of the border.

i have a concussion so i am not "medically cleared" for track driving right now, but I believe a friend of mine was instructing at that event, in a black turbo miata.
I remember seeing that miata, i think it spit flames also.

As far as not many Audis, coming from an Audi and going to Audi club HPDEs (still do in my V), after the B5 platform A4 and S4 ending in 2001.5/2002, the brand took a turn for more family like cars and lost enthusiasts to cars faster out of the box (often cheaper like E36 M3s) that were better suited for the track. Audi has come back with some awesome cars again, so more will show up in enthusiasts hands....and more at DEs. Honestly, a lot of us in Black/Red run groups bring race cars for practice and DD an Audi or the like. This is all pretty spot on. most of the gt3 owners there were ex audi owners at some point it seemed.

liqidvenom
10-07-11, 07:44 PM
For Aurora40 because im slow and suck...lol

V7m7MR9Gf4c

yooper
10-07-11, 10:42 PM
Thanks for sharing the pic's and the video's. That track looks like fun. FWIW in your last video, after the off and pit in break, you ran a much better line on the last lap.

My first track day was a disaster. I kept missing shifts and turning the wipers on etc trying to stay with the guy in front of me. The instructor had me pit in, waited for traffic to pass, gave me a speech about slowing down and concentrating on the line. He was right. I did and things went a lot better. Problem now is I am addicted to road cources.

Always take spare pads and rotors to the track, and it doesn't hurt to look her over now and then:)

liqidvenom
10-07-11, 10:46 PM
thanks, yeah as the day went on i slowly got better. But as with anything practice is what makes you better. I have one more video to finish and it should be up.

crankedupforit
10-08-11, 09:11 AM
Thanks for sharing the pic's and the video's. That track looks like fun. FWIW in your last video, after the off and pit in break, you ran a much better line on the last lap.

My first track day was a disaster. I kept missing shifts and turning the wipers on etc trying to stay with the guy in front of me. The instructor had me pit in, waited for traffic to pass, gave me a speech about slowing down and concentrating on the line. He was right. I did and things went a lot better. Problem now is I am addicted to road cources.

Always take spare pads and rotors to the track, and it doesn't hurt to look her over now and then:)

My first track day I put on my turn signal coming to the first sharp turn.....more than once. :bigroll:

Aurora40
10-08-11, 02:11 PM
For Aurora40 because im slow and suck...lol
LOL! Looks like a lot of fun, and what a scenic track. Must have felt good going by the GTR. Also, why did they bring you into the pits? I was skipping around a bit, did you have an off or something?

Lastly, is your car really that loud in relation to your voices, or is that more due to the mic placement on the camera? Sounds great, but was very hard to hear you guys talking by comparison.

odthetruth
10-08-11, 02:16 PM
My first track day I put on my turn signal coming to the first sharp turn.....more than once. :bigroll:

Better then putting on the wipers I suppose. lol

liqidvenom
10-08-11, 02:18 PM
LOL! Looks like a lot of fun, and what a scenic track. Must have felt good going by the GTR. Also, why did they bring you into the pits? I was skipping around a bit, did you have an off or something?

Lastly, is your car really that loud in relation to your voices, or is that more due to the mic placement on the camera? Sounds great, but was very hard to hear you guys talking by comparison.

its hard to hear people in the car with the windows down while the people are wearing helmets. we had to always have a mic system so i can hear him and he me.

liqidvenom
10-08-11, 03:10 PM
for the guys who do alot of full track stuff i have a question.

Does your steering have a dead feeling right on center? Mine feels very very light at times. that 4th gear section over the hill had me a bit nervous since the steering was just a bit light until it got moved away from center if that means anything.

thebigjimsho
10-08-11, 05:07 PM
In-car mics, FTW...

liqidvenom
10-08-11, 05:40 PM
Twas an upscale Canadian event.

liqidvenom
10-08-11, 10:26 PM
two videos i have to share.

this is a ride along with the gtr buddy i have, my brakes were shot so i sat out the final session the first day.

bkl0_26yBAc

And this is the final session on day 2 ( we both were solo), i got new brake pads and this is a shot from my buddy bill who hunted me down. but wet track and inexperience shows when i visit the gravel trap.
Vy9dW94GlZ8