: Facelift anytime soon?

Nuieve
10-04-11, 11:31 PM
Anyone knows if facelift can be expected any time soon?

CTSVKINGWAGON
10-09-11, 01:04 AM
Anyone knows if facelift can be expected any time soon?

Expect the third generation CTS late next year (2013 MY). I have no guess as to what will happen to the CTS-V, but considering this is only it's 3rd MY out, expect a release for the 2014 MY. My hopes for the V are a dual clutch transmission and at least 580 hp. The next CTS will be larger than the current to more evenly compete with the E class and 5 series, so it will most likely have more features and be more expensive. My guess is an MSRP of around 80k for the V. Right now, if you have the money and want a V (this applies especially to the wagon) buy it now. You don't want to wait until fall of 2013 for one, and there's always the option of buying it and enjoying it, then selling it when the new one comes.

PeteK
10-09-11, 11:51 PM
I guess one question for a lot of of when buying a car that we want rather than need is..."should I buy now or wait one more MY?" I'm looking at ordering a '12 Vagon before the end of the year, but that will likely mean delivery in February, about 2 months before the specs on the 2013 leak out in April. Normally, I wouldn't care too much, but with the incredibly mild changes for '12, and the fact that the '13 is going to be well known to be the last year of this cycle, makes me wonder if there won't be a few more desirable changes to keep interest in the model next year. Then again, with the sales of the sportwagon (including standard trims) fairly anemic according to the rumor mill, I guess there's always the chance that the wagon goes away in '13.

I know there's no real information and we're all in full speculation mode, but I'd appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

stabie
10-10-11, 12:06 AM
I would not expect a new rev of the CTS in MY13. Sorry. MY12(this year) will probably be an XTS in spring as a late MY12, and MY13 is probably going to be the ATS. I'd expect a rev'ed CTS in MY14(sept 2013) or maybe even MY15. The current gen CTS began in MY08 (I had one of the first ones in sept 07) and MY09 was the first V. I just don;t see caddy having the resource to rev the CTS before then. I would worry they may drop the wagon for MY13. Sales have been unimpressive in the US, so unless they are getting good response from Europe, I could see them dropping it. (pls no flames, I have a wagon)

JimmyH
10-10-11, 02:21 PM
Considering they already gave the CTS a few minor visual changes, but not the V, it's doubtful.

As for the wagon, GM said it was going to have a short production run of 2-3 years.

haterinc
10-10-11, 10:35 PM
I can't say much but I can tell you the new CTS is in the Cinci area right now at a specialty shop that does a lot of fab work for lots of automakers. There is also future Benz there but my source wasn't sure of that model as he doesnt have clearance to be in that project area. The Caddy is in "Area 51" appropriately and I've seen a couple of pics and it's beautiful if it makes it to production as this. They're doing a one off wagon as a hearse for a future auto show (not sure what one) but other than that, I don't know what the power plant will be and that's about all I can say right now :)

GM-4-LIFE
10-11-11, 07:00 PM
Next gen CTS isn't going to be due out until the 2013 calendar year as a 2014 model year vehicle which means around 2 years from now with the V being released in the 2014 calendar year as a 2015 model year vehicle. This has all been said already by GM. Nothing new. Don't expect a facelift on the current CTS. It ain't gonna happen and not for the V for sure.

JimmyH
10-11-11, 07:27 PM
they did a facelift on the 2012 CTS. A minor one, but the front grille is different.

haterinc
10-11-11, 09:47 PM
Wouldn't that technically be orthodontics not plastic surgery?

JimmyH
10-11-11, 09:56 PM
I don't think they used a drill.