: location of low coolant sensor on 94 fwb

newside
10-04-11, 04:50 PM
hi guys, could someone tell me where the low coolent sensor on a 94 fwb is located, thanks

thefleetwoodguy
10-04-11, 05:56 PM
its in the expansion tank, sometimes called the overflow tank
front bottom of the tank, dont know of a replacement for it
they end up unplugged quite often....

jayoldschool
10-04-11, 06:48 PM
The float gets stuck. Fill up your coolant, start the car, then hit the coolant tank HARD with the side of your fist. Don't worry, you will hurt your hand before you hurt the car. The light will go out.

thefleetwoodguy
10-08-11, 04:48 PM
OK after dismantling one of the sensors, it appears it is a reed switch, you can remove the probe portion but the float (magnet side)
is integral part of the tank, reed switches (probe) seldom fail, so I would take Jays advice and beat on the tank, in my case I havent had any luck, so i will remove the tank and shake the hell out of ithttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA70225.jpg

jayoldschool
10-08-11, 08:09 PM
If you want to clean the inside of the tank well, take it off, tape over the hose openings, put in some water/dish soap, and a bunch of ice cubes. Put on the cap, and shake! Take off the tape when you are done, and the ice will just melt and flow out.

thefleetwoodguy
10-08-11, 10:24 PM
well just before removing it
I took the rubber mallet out gave it a couple sharp whacks and
it released! yay 1 last thing I dont have to do
Ill be glad when this car go's this week,
it has been a pain in the ass
but I fixed everything I could and it runs like a top
and looks good too!
Ill post a final pic of her
thanks Jay for the tip!,, it worked
saved me some time and now I have
an understanding how that sensor works

jayoldschool
10-08-11, 10:39 PM
Glad it worked. Always has for me, too. It's kind of fun to fix your car by hitting it!

newside
10-09-11, 01:03 PM
thanks guys, i took the tank off and flushed it good. it was pretty crudy on the bottom. light is off now

goodguzzi
11-02-11, 06:43 PM
Love this site.. You rock. Thanks for helping me keep it simple.