Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My 98 Deville with straight pipes... what do you guys think?

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  weister42 
#1 ·
The original mufflers were leaking so I had a shop cut them off and welded two pipes from the Y-splitter and some stainless steel tips. I didn't remove or gut the catalytic converter, it is loud but not loud enough to be annoying while cruising on the highway. Maybe it picked up a couple extra hp too? I can't tell.

#4 ·
For sure, for the past 7 years of me owning the car the quietness is almost scary, I'm just bored of it... and kind of annoyed by the fact that people keep walking in front of my car in the parking lot because they couldn't hear me behind them. Also kids with their headphones are like bats with a broken sonar, a bit of BRAWWW BRAWWWWnNNNNN will give them a reason to look around before crossing the roads. I had a young girl who rode her bicycle into the side of my car because she thought I wasn't moving when I was going like 20mph, good thing she was okay and she only put a surface smudge on the passenger fender.

I can get more vids if this thread gets more attention. Come on in!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.