: 96 FW are the red door lenses supposed to light up?

Mr Cowl Hood
10-28-04, 10:53 PM
I have a red, curved lens on each door an they don't light up when I open the doors. Are they supposed to? :confused:

Brian 96 FWB / 96 Impala SS

509Rider
10-28-04, 11:34 PM
I have a red, curved lens on each door an they don't light up when I open the doors. Are they supposed to? :confused:

Brian 96 FWB / 96 Impala SSNo.

Mr Cowl Hood
10-29-04, 12:59 AM
No.

Thanks for the quick response. I wonder why they're there. They don't reflect any light. I shined a 2,000,000 candle power flashlight at them last night and they don't reflect anything...Oh well. Thanks again.

Brian 96 FWB / 96 Impala SS

509Rider
10-29-04, 03:10 AM
They should reflect, but maybe not.

carguy16
10-29-04, 02:53 PM
Speaking of those lenses, on the hood of the car there are what appear to be reflectors/turn signals on each side of the car. What is the purpose of these? There is one on each side of the car, above the hood. I test drove the 93 with them, and dont recall seeing them come on...

Are these reflectors or signals?

brougham
10-29-04, 04:59 PM
Speaking of those lenses, on the hood of the car there are what appear to be reflectors/turn signals on each side of the car. What is the purpose of these? There is one on each side of the car, above the hood. I test drove the 93 with them, and dont recall seeing them come on...

Are these reflectors or signals?

The ones on the top that you can see from inside the car? All Cadillacs have them. They're lamp monitors. There should be white ones that are on when the headlights are on and yellow ones that flash when you signal. You can't see them too much in the day. The same sort of thing is in the back window.