: Drag racing Vs. a GTR

6speeder
10-01-11, 09:58 AM
Going to the track today. I called out TWO crap talkers: one with a 2010 GTR, and one with a 2006 Viper. I'm running a 2.55" upper and a W4M tune, making 435 SAE RWHP, but the DA yesterday was 6,500', so don't expect world record times here.:tisk:

I'll report how it goes this evening, that is IF they show.:want:

Wish me luck.

newcadman
10-01-11, 11:24 AM
I hope you've got drag radials ( if so, don't be afraid to heat them up really well and drop them down to 16-17 psi if needed to get that good 60' if you have to ). Might even want to consider putting 40-45 psi in the front tires.

As you know your first 60' is absolutely critical especially when going up against the GTR with AWD and its launch control feature.

Also, might suggest putting some ice bags on the top of the engine (after removing the plastic shroud) both in front of and behind the cross over support bar. Ideally might want to leave the ice on long enough so that where you have placed it is cool and/or just lukewarm to the touch.
As well, wouldn't hurt to put a small ice bag on the intake tube from air filter to throttle body.( anything to help lower the IAT temps). The cooling with the ice may seem like a hassle but remember the V is a cold blooded beast and will certainlyly benefit from this extra effort .

Again, paying attention to this detail might seem extreme but remember at the end of the day the only thing that's important is who WON the race, so why not use ever little "trick" to your advantage ?

Best of luck and let us know how you do.

thebigjimsho
10-01-11, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I don't think I'd be optimistic.

odla
10-01-11, 11:58 AM
Bring a video camera.

haterinc
10-01-11, 12:25 PM
You have a 2.55 upper and tune and only 435 HP? Doesn't seem right... No mention of intake, you at least did the lower air box cut mod right?

Good luck - follow newcad's advice too... good tips

smackdownCTSV
10-01-11, 12:53 PM
You have a 2.55 upper and tune and only 435 HP? Doesn't seem right... No mention of intake, you at least did the lower air box cut mod right?

Good luck - follow newcad's advice too... good tips

Look at his DA. His elevation must be pretty high.

haterinc
10-01-11, 01:10 PM
Saw that... I wouldn't live there strictly because of that lol but his HP says corrected?

Miami_CtsV
10-01-11, 01:29 PM
you better hope the GTR isnt tuned I suggest trying to get some drag radials

smackdownCTSV
10-01-11, 01:40 PM
Mustang dyno?

e6t
10-01-11, 03:17 PM
2010 gtr v. modded v2? could be close... if you dont put power to the ground, you're done. 60' is the key... good start, you might take him.

newcadman
10-01-11, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'd be optimistic.

I would tend to agree with you bigjim, that's why I think he should incorporate a few "no buck" performance details to help enhance/ maximize the car's performance. Who knows, it may help enough for him to win by the slimmest of margins.

BTW, if he's not on drag radials, then going up against the GTR has the makings of a recipe for disaster !

6speeder
10-01-11, 05:27 PM
OK! First of all, I had a typo, my car made 535 SAE RWHP on a dynojet. Sorry about that chief! And, I'm on BFG 295/35-18 drag radials.

Results:

First run I won with a MOV of .589 sec. I treed him with a reaction time of .165 against his .468. Then my run was a 11.967 @ 117.915 against his 12.253 @ 119.475.

Second and last run, (he went home) My tranny malfunctioned AGAIN! It hit the rev limiter on the 3-4 shift. I still won but the MOV was FOUR HUNDRETHS of a second. Again I treed him by .117 seconds, but because of the time on the rev limiter I only ran a 12.333 @ 112.097 against his 12.262 @ 119.168. So my car was slower but I beat the driver. BTW the DA was 7,070 feet for the first run and 7,250 feet for the second run. My 60' time was a 1.755. Pretty good for here.

I also ran against a bud's stock C6 Z06 (the 7 liter, 505 hp one). He was on street tires and couldn't launch at all. I beat him by almost a second two times.

Good fun:bouncy:

haterinc
10-01-11, 05:46 PM
That makes more sense. Nice work

newcadman
10-01-11, 06:27 PM
OK! First of all, I had a typo, my car made 535 SAE RWHP on a dynojet. Sorry about that chief! And, I'm on BFG 295/35-18 drag radials.

Results:

First run I won with a MOV of .589 sec. I treed him with a reaction time of .165 against his .468. Then my run was a 11.967 @ 117.915 against his 12.253 @ 119.475.

Second and last run, (he went home) My tranny malfunctioned AGAIN! It hit the rev limiter on the 3-4 shift. I still won but the MOV was FOUR HUNDRETHS of a second. Again I treed him by .117 seconds, but because of the time on the rev limiter I only ran a 12.333 @ 112.097 against his 12.262 @ 119.168. So my car was slower but I beat the driver. BTW the DA was 7,070 feet for the first run and 7,250 feet for the second run. My 60' time was a 1.755. Pretty good for here.

I also ran against a bud's stock C6 Z06 (the 7 liter, 505 hp one). He was on street tires and couldn't launch at all. I beat him by almost a second two times.

Good fun:bouncy:

Excellent result, especially since he was out MPHing your V. How great is it that you spanked him two in a row and he went home.
Good job!

As for your tranny malfunctioning, that's not really the " issue" per se. It would seem that hitting the rev limiter on the 3-4 shift is a fairly common occurrence amongst those V's that are using a CAI.

Suggested ways around this problem is to shift to regular tranny mode before it shifts from 3 to 4 or have the rev limiter moved up from 6200 rpm to 6400 rpm and/or do a full tranny tune.

smackdownCTSV
10-01-11, 06:36 PM
That probably corrects down to a 11.5@120+

6speeder
10-01-11, 06:44 PM
I've got a tranny tune from W4M, and when it started hitting the rev limiter he modified it to shift 200 rpm sooner. That didn't help. He says next thing is to increase line pressure, but that could hurt the life of the tranny. Bummer. As I only use that tune at the drag strip, guess that's what I'm going to have to do.

BTW: I tried shifting to drive after the car hit third and that was worse, it stayed on the rev limiter even longer!

All in all, I am pretty pumped to beat the highly touted GTR. This car surprises a LOT of folks. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here, aren't I?

e6t
10-01-11, 07:11 PM
did the gtr use launch control?

thebigjimsho
10-01-11, 07:16 PM

Results:

Good fun:bouncy:You hustled us...

stabie
10-01-11, 07:25 PM
Interesting result. So if I understand the lingo correctly, the cars ran almost identical times except the GTR guy was slow to hit the gas if that is the meaning of "treed". The "treed" difference is about 0.3 or about what the total time diff was. Looks like driver rules in this case:) Congrats.

newcadman
10-01-11, 08:47 PM
BTW: I tried shifting to drive after the car hit third and that was worse, it stayed on the rev limiter even longer!

FWIW, the fact that the car stayed on the rev limiter even longer when shifting to third may have to do with them lowering the rev limiter by 200 rpm. I say that because one of the members( snzuloz) informed me that his V( with CAI, stock tune ) consistently hit the rev limiter on the 3-4 shift when in sport mode but had no problem when he moved the tranny shifter from sport mode to regular mode before the 3-4 shift.

As for raising the rev limiter to 6400 from 6200 that was the suggestion of John Heinricy with respect to "solving " the problem.
BTW, John Heinricy also informed me there is virtually no ET difference when running the 1/4 in regular versus sport mode !

haterinc
10-01-11, 09:36 PM
That saddens me to hear that considering reg mode starts out in 2nd gear?!

newcadman
10-01-11, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=haterinc;2732297]That saddens me to hear that considering reg mode starts out in 2nd gear?![/QUOTE

Sorry, I forgot to add that John Heinricy did make mention that there was virtually no difference in ET in the 1/4 as long as one makes sure they are in first gear when leaving the line.
This can be accomplished by shifting to neutral when coming up to the line and then putting it back in gear.

mberisha
10-02-11, 06:40 AM
Hells yeah! Great read...and congrats on taking the GTR once....and the driver both times!:thumbsup:

6speeder
10-02-11, 09:46 AM
Hells yeah! Great read...and congrats on taking the GTR once....and the driver both times!:thumbsup:

Hey, a win is a win. And Me and my CTS-V got both!
Newcadman: Jesse didn't lower the rev limiter, he lowered the commanded shift point.

Stabie: In the first race I did react .3 sec quicker (treed) but the CTS-V was also almost .3 quicker than the GTR, The total difference, mov (margin of victory) was almost 6 tenths of a second. That's an eternity in drag racing, when I crossed the finish line I was 103 feet in front of him. Now on the second race I crossed the line only 8 feet before him!

bigjimsho: I'm sorry for the typo and not catching it, my bad. If it makes you feel better, my ACTUAL horsepower was about 430 rwhp at this DA.

stabie
10-02-11, 01:07 PM
Ah, thanks, I missed the MOV numbers in the first post and congrats again. I am guessing the next option in the GTR launch control will be an optical sensor you can focus at the lights so the driver is completely taken out of the equation. I'm surprised no one has thought of this yet.

JimmyH
10-02-11, 08:31 PM
You can't beat the driver of a GT-R, because the driver isn't driving the car. The PCM is.

Still, nice to hear a GT-R being put in its rightful place :thumbsup:

e6t
10-02-11, 09:46 PM
You can't beat the driver of a GT-R, because the driver isn't driving the car. The PCM is.

Still, nice to hear a GT-R being put in its rightful place :thumbsup:

whats the difference between a gtr and an auto v? the computer isnt doing more in the gtr than that of the caddy. the true advantage is all wheel drive. you assume the driver used launch control which allows the car to take off from a higher rpm much like an awd manual tranny car. but if not, how is the driver of the auto caddy doing more than the driver of the gtr?

thebigjimsho
10-03-11, 02:57 AM
computer shmuter.

GMX322V S/C
10-03-11, 05:12 AM
How about that automatic spark advance? Talk about taking the driver out of the equation. Damn 'puters...too much cipherin'

6speeder
10-03-11, 10:10 AM
Thanks all. Here's a tidbit you might like. There's a calculator which uses your 1/8 mile time and mph to estimate your 0-60 time. His best was a 3.35, mine (prepped surface and drag radials) was a 3.24. Not too shabby.

musclesbmf
10-03-11, 11:12 AM
Was the GTR stock? My 2011 makes 550 AWHP with exhaust, intakes and tune, and when I use LC, it is violently fast. Faster than my modded coupe ever was.
Good run none-the less. And FWIW, I love all fast cars :-)

Mark

6speeder
10-03-11, 01:29 PM
Yes, the GTR is stock. He's afraid to use launch control, still, AWD, twin turbo, DCT, you'd think he'd be able to launch harder than a heavier rear drive CTS-V launching just off idle. Can't the GTR build boost for the launch?

e6t
10-03-11, 02:23 PM
Yes, the GTR is stock. He's afraid to use launch control, still, AWD, twin turbo, DCT, you'd think he'd be able to launch harder than a heavier rear drive CTS-V launching just off idle. Can't the GTR build boost for the launch?

not as much as you think. ive seen where "they" say using launch control knocks nearly a second off 0-60.

the fact that he didnt use LC splains a lot.

6speeder
10-03-11, 02:39 PM
not as much as you think. ive seen where "they" say using launch control knocks nearly a second off 0-60.

the fact that he didnt use LC splains a lot.
That would be impressive. There's a calculator that estimates 0-60 based on the 1/8 mile time/mph, his crunched at 3.35 seconds, mine at 3.24. You think with LC it could run low two's 0-60?

e6t
10-03-11, 03:58 PM
That would be impressive. There's a calculator that estimates 0-60 based on the 1/8 mile time/mph, his crunched at 3.35 seconds, mine at 3.24. You think with LC it could run low two's 0-60?

no, i dont.

2.6-2.9 maybe... ive seen 2012s get into mid 2s.

we cant rip on the computers in the car when the guy didnt even use it. your V is fast, no doubt...

6speeder
10-03-11, 04:27 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0803_2009_nissan_gtr_acceleration_test/acceleration_runs.html

MT tested the 2009, it went 3.2 0-60 with launch control, 3.8 without. So did he or didn't he use launch control.....It would be slower at this altitude. He "said" he doesn't use it.

musclesbmf
10-03-11, 04:40 PM
He prob didn't use it, but none-the less, the car does not build boost when using launch control. The computer holds the revs at XXXX rpm depending on model year and the boost is almost instantaneous once foot is lifted off the brake. But the GTR does not launch with boost.
Again, not taking away from your car as it runs great!!

Mark

deckofficer
10-03-11, 04:58 PM
6speeder, I agree will all the others, you did the V proud against that competition. What would you say to a 10.8 @ 132 on DOT legit tires, no dumping the clutch, no speed shifts (lift throttle) at Sacramento Raceway, 77* at 550' elevation ?

6speeder
10-03-11, 05:15 PM
6speeder, I agree will all the others, you did the V proud against that competition. What would you say to a 10.8 @ 132 on DOT legit tires, no dumping the clutch, no speed shifts (lift throttle) at Sacramento Raceway, 77* at 550' elevation ?
Are you kidding me? I'd wreck my mother to run a 10 in a Caddy (to misquote DW). Good for you. :)

deckofficer
10-03-11, 06:32 PM
Are you kidding me? I'd wreck my mother to run a 10 in a Caddy (to misquote DW). Good for you. :)

I'm pulling your leg a bit. The above mentioned run was done in a car with 100+ hp less than a stock CTS-V. However the car weighs 2460 lbs LESS than a V. So you turning in the time you did with 4250 lbs is a lot more impressive than my 10.8 in a 1790 lb car.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/deckofficer/2010%20Freds%20Fun%20Run/DSC013001014x760.jpg

thebigjimsho
10-03-11, 10:05 PM
You hustled us...

haterinc
10-03-11, 10:13 PM
Ima hustla ima ima hustla

6speeder
10-04-11, 10:15 AM
You hustled us...

I told it straight. Sorry for the initial typo.

I'm proud of the results, that my car was quicker, and that I could tree him, both times.

So, to you, whatever.

Actually, a question for you: What have YOU done lately to represent the CTS-V community? Polish the brake dust off your wheels, perhaps?

concorso
10-04-11, 12:53 PM
Grab panties. Unbunch. BigJim was most likely commenting on Deckofficers post.

deckofficer
10-04-11, 02:50 PM
So, to you, whatever.

Actually, a question for you: What have YOU done lately to represent the CTS-V community? Polish the brake dust off your wheels, perhaps?

No, haven't even removed the brake dust. Had the V 3 months, have driven it on 9 occasions. I have shared on my forum that my 92 year old Dad prior to me picking up the V could only tolerate about 60 miles in any car. Now in the V, a 300 mile trip is enjoyable to him. That speaks volumes to our car's engineering, so I am quite happy with the purchase. If pushing this car to its max is how one "represents the CTS-V community", I guess for me that won't be happening, as I have other cars for spirited driving.

Also, what part of "you turning in the time you did with 4250 lbs is a lot more impressive than my 10.8 in a 1790 lb car" is upsetting you?

e6t
10-04-11, 03:01 PM
this has really escalated quickly.

6speeder
10-04-11, 03:43 PM
Deckofficer: You said nothing to upset me. I was replying to the "You hustled us" comment.

deckofficer
10-04-11, 03:59 PM
There is no reason why it should escalate. I posted this...

"6speeder, I agree will all the others, you did the V proud against that competition"

and this...........

"You turning in the time you did with 4250 lbs is a lot more impressive than my 10.8 in a 1790 lb car" to 6speeder.

If those two posts can upset him, then he has rather thin skin. And why should he even be upset? Its not like he built his car from the ground up, and just maybe all the performance mods were wrenched by a shop? My current little ride, after 40 years of hot rodding, started life with 4" of the original frame from a 1923 Ford Model T, but it was an important 4" of frame because that is where Henry stamped the VIN 88 years ago. You might ask "what does that matter?" It has been tagged in California for the last 18 years as a 1923 Ford, and that my friend makes life simple. The build was far from simple. The old school way of improved handling is to get the center of gravity as low as possible, and the easiest way to do this is to mount the entire drive-train (engine and trans) as low in the frame rails as possible. Now of course this presents other problems, such as a stock oil pan now has 3/4" clearance to the road surface. The best solution for hard cornering would have been to go the dry sump route, but the Track-T just doesn't have any room for the tanks. Cut 3" off the oil pan, extend the sides out to recoup some of the lost oil capacity, and baffle and windage like crazy to keep oil from hydralically messing with the bottom of the pistons. I could go on and write a book about the build of a car that turns a 10.8 in the 1/4, has excellent street manners, corners at 1.04G, and if driven easy on a flat Interstate will break 30 MPG.

deckofficer
10-04-11, 04:01 PM
Whoops, my foot is in my mouth 6speed. You just posted, while I was slowly typing the above, me bad, and I'm sorry. Please disregard all of my dribble, and I am truly impressed about the times your V clicked off.

Bob

mberisha
10-04-11, 04:06 PM
:cheers:

6speeder
10-04-11, 04:44 PM
Whoops, my foot is in my mouth 6speed. You just posted, while I was slowly typing the above, me bad, and I'm sorry. Please disregard all of my dribble, and I am truly impressed about the times your V clicked off.

Bob

Hey, it's all good. That's a NICE hotrod you built. It is special when you put it together isn't it? The only thing I've done close was assemble a Beck Spyder. Unfortunately, I didn't have a 1950's frame to build around, DMV wanted to classify it as a 1980's Porsche, with the emissions and safety requirements that contained. Boy did we go round and round. Finally got them to agree that yes is was a rebodied 1965 VW bug (even though it was a custom tube frame, not a VW bodypan). Much easier

deckofficer
10-04-11, 05:42 PM
6speeder,

You've been there, done that. The above dribble of mine, in your case, I was preaching to the choir. I know this is a V forum, but would you indulge me with some more details on the Spyder. James Dean sure enjoyed his right to the end.

Bob

JimmyH
10-04-11, 07:04 PM
You hustled us...

you should talk, you da original hustler, playa...

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:04 AM
I told it straight. Sorry for the initial typo.

I'm proud of the results, that my car was quicker, and that I could tree him, both times.

So, to you, whatever.

Actually, a question for you: What have YOU done lately to represent the CTS-V community? Polish the brake dust off your wheels, perhaps?Bring on the lulz, bring on the funk.

The first "You hustled us" comment was a lighthearted comment to you.

The second one was to deckofficer, again lighthearted.

As for what I'VE done to represent the community, I've not needed to race people to do that. I've been driving and showing off Vs for over 7 years. I've made V meets and V track days and have met a large number of V brethren in that time. As for keeping brake dust off my wheels, I have to do that much more than straight line people do...

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7CnQkHXfiU

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:09 AM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/4482063/320373682.jpg

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/4482063/320372545.jpg

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MwITe4ExYk

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:11 AM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/4482063/151637047.jpg

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vSCw33FLYM

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VILKYAmNT7Q

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:22 AM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/22963540/389841329.jpg

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:23 AM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/22963540/393517489.jpg

smackdownCTSV
10-05-11, 12:23 AM
What's with all the blue tape?

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:24 AM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/22963540/398095041.jpg

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Qlkuw6wEQ

deckofficer
10-05-11, 12:26 AM
thebigjimsho,

Unless that was compression braking, I would say you have some brake dust to clean off. About 1/3 into the first video, I love to comment "...amazingly tossable" he didn't finish, but I know it would have gone like this ".... for its weight". The V is a very well engineered ride, and fights The Laws of Physics like a real champ.

Bob

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLgD64azwHM

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:28 AM
thebigjimsho,

Unless that was compression braking, I would say you have some brake dust to clean off. About 1/3 into the first video, I love to comment "...amazingly tossable" he didn't finish, but I know it would have gone like this ".... for its weight". The V is a very well engineered ride, and fights The Laws of Physics like a real champ.

BobYeah, my '04 V was really tossable. The V2 isn't quite as tossable but it seems to do just fine on the road courses...

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yomh7o5nn3Y

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:31 AM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/22963540/398095083.jpg

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/22963540/398095093.jpg

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/22963540/398095150.jpg

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/22963540/398095168.jpg

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/22963540/398095189.jpg

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:31 AM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/22963540/398095248.jpg

deckofficer
10-05-11, 12:32 AM
I just LOVE to pick on noisy Harley riders, even been known to pick on crotch rockets in the T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YlAuK_aJWc

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yfow7E8vjY

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:42 AM
I just LOVE to pick on noisy Harley riders, even been known to pick on crotch rockets in the T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YlAuK_aJWcI love it! Love the goggles, love the camera wobble on hard accel, love the passing...

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:43 AM
What's with all the blue tape?When I ran at Summit Point I got a chip halfway up the hood. So when I went to tiny Waterford Hills, I figured I'd tape the whole hood. For protection and dramatic effect...

deckofficer
10-05-11, 12:48 AM
I thought it was for paint protection. In the old days, taping headlights was for track safety. And I'm relieved on the comment on my video, because that video is what got me kicked of the HAMB forum.

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 12:54 AM
Just tell them it was in Vermont. In Vermont, you can pass on double yellows all day long...

deckofficer
10-05-11, 01:10 AM
I feel the double yellow should only be a recommendation, not law. There are plenty of dashed white two lane passing that wouldn't be safe in a Yugo.

marryjonthan
10-05-11, 07:26 AM
I am confuse about it.

deckofficer
10-05-11, 08:55 AM
I am confuse about it.

Confused about what? A Yugo doesn't have the power to pass safely even when it is "legal" to pass, where as my Track-T on the mountain roads I live, can safely pass on a number of areas that have the double yellow line.

Bob

6speeder
10-05-11, 10:14 AM
"As for what I'VE done to represent the community, I've not needed to race people to do that. I've been driving and showing off Vs for over 7 years. I've made V meets and V track days and have met a large number of V brethren in that time. As for keeping brake dust off my wheels, I have to do that much more than straight line people do..."

So you drive around closed courses pretending you're racing. You have no idea how unimpressed I am. Tell me about actual racing. When I run road courses I do it with a competition license against equally classed vehicles in ACTUAL COMPETITION. Do that, and I'll be impressed. Maybe show some of your trophys like I have for racing, not just wasting bandwidth of you driving like a wanna be.

Whether I'm on a road race course, oval, or straight line drag racing, I'm RACING. I've competed in SCCA, NASCAR, NHRA, and SKUSA. Something I don't see you capable of. Your comments weren't lighthearted, and they were wrong. I posted that I was going to RACE a car that most thought I had little chance against and told it straight. I then posted the results of THE RACES and get called a hustler. If I had to give you a title it'd be Phony, because you're not a racer.

Deckofficer: Your rod is cool. My Spyder was very period technology, drum brakes, torsion bars, and swing axles. Consequently, it didn't really handle very well, but because of the light weight (about 1400 pounds) and the 150 hp 2.2 l. type 1 engine, was pretty quick. More of a looker than a runner.

e6t
10-05-11, 10:50 AM
WTF?

the intial comment of "you hustled us..." was a joke. have you never heard that?????? he meant that you made us think it was in a V but it wasnt. FISH HOOKED. You didnt take anything from anyone, in fact, im willing to bet that most could care less. how could he possibly have been serious about you "hustling" us?

Lighten up Francis, holy shit.

JFC what the hell is wrong with people?

mberisha
10-05-11, 03:49 PM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/4482063/151637047.jpg

Sic pic! Is the rear with the widen rims?

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 04:48 PM
Sic pic! Is the rear with the widen rims?Nah, that was my first track day in the V. Those were Mille Miglia wheels with Hoosiers.

mberisha
10-05-11, 04:52 PM
Nah, that was my first track day in the V. Those were Mille Miglia wheels with Hoosiers.

Nice....gotcha....are those the stock tire size or did you go 275 in the rear...they look wide for some reason! Like it!

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 04:58 PM
"As for what I'VE done to represent the community, <em><strong>I've not needed to race people to do that</strong></em>. I've been driving and showing off Vs for over 7 years. I've made V meets and V track days and have met a large number of V brethren in that time. As for keeping brake dust off my wheels, I have to do that much more than straight line people do..."<br>
<br>
So you drive around closed courses pretending you're racing. You have no idea how unimpressed I am. Tell me about actual racing. When I run road courses I do it with a competition license against equally classed vehicles in ACTUAL COMPETITION. Do that, and I'll be impressed. Maybe show some of your trophys like I have for racing, not just wasting bandwidth of you driving like a wanna be. <br>
<br>
Whether I'm on a road race course, oval, or straight line drag racing, I'm RACING. I've competed in SCCA, NASCAR, NHRA, and SKUSA. Something I don't see you capable of. Your comments weren't lighthearted, and they were wrong. I posted that I was going to RACE a car that most thought I had little chance against and told it straight. I then posted the results of THE RACES and get called a hustler. If I had to give you a title it'd be Phony, because you're not a racer.<br>
<br>
Deckofficer: Your rod is cool. My Spyder was very period technology, drum brakes, torsion bars, and swing axles. Consequently, it didn't really handle very well, but because of the light weight (about 1400 pounds) and the 150 hp 2.2 l. type 1 engine, was pretty quick. More of a looker than a runner.Wow. You quoted my entire post including the bolded text. I said I need NOT race to represent.

But, no, your continued 2nd grade reading comprehension can't process jack sh1t. Hey, loser, I never go to a track day and look for the scoring table. Hey, loser, I never stated any dominance in what I do behind the wheel of my V. Hey, loser, I posted those to show that I have been around the block in my V and ENJOY DRIVING THE DAMN THING. When I bought my '09 in San Antonio on a Friday night, I drove straight to NJ and made a Sunday morning meet of V drivers. I did this because I like the people. I like the V.

But you, you I don't like. I've met Andy Pilgrim on many occasions. He's been to the V track days put on by Lindsay Cadillac. He is gracious, he is humble and he is a hell of a driver. He doesn't need to puff his chest on his accomplishments. He has my utmost respect. You, on the other hand, are an asshat.

e6t
10-05-11, 05:01 PM
you, on the other hand, are a stinky twat.

oh no you didnt

mberisha
10-05-11, 05:09 PM
:kick:

odla
10-05-11, 05:37 PM
Are sticky twats OK? I used to get those when younger lol. Never had the stinky. lol

odla
10-05-11, 06:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vSCw33FLYM

Watching this made me feel like i was watching an episode of cops LOL See you chase the truck was great!

thebigjimsho
10-05-11, 06:13 PM
oh no you didntI did. But I apologize for that. Asshat is more politically correct. lulz.

JimmyH
10-05-11, 06:36 PM
I helped bigjim clean the brake dust off his....um, tennis shoes. Hmm.

JimmyH
10-06-11, 01:53 PM
And we are done.