: brilliant idea to make rear camera view brilliant

KevinOpp
09-30-11, 01:56 AM
i've moaned before in an old post how i wish that they had built some kind of sprayer aimed at the rear camera, which always seemed to either slush or mud up on me in NY, or get a large hanging water drop that just distorted the whole image.

this isn't rocket science, but i was staring at an old bottle of Rain-X, and i thought, "why not?". a miniscule drop followed by another ooat, and ever since, the rear lens sheds water like a duck. i haven't had a single moment of blurriness from water since. now in FL, i can't test the snow factor, but i'll bet it would have worked pretty well up there.

algiorda
09-30-11, 08:05 AM
Sounds like a great idea. Now if you can figure out how I can get the camera to work while driving so I can check out the Blonde in the sports car following me, that would be great!!!

sube5186
09-30-11, 10:04 AM
Sounds like this would work great. There's only one thing to beware of. Don't get any Rain-X on the rubber boot the camera is encased in. I don't know how you'd apply it to the lens and avoid the rubber casing. Rain-X contains a drying agent that causes the evaporation of all moisture. This will make the rubber dry and brittle and it'll eventually crack. I learned this the hard way. The rubber molding at the base of the windshield starting cracking on my last car, and I only used Rain-X probably four or five times a year. Now I'm careful not to get any on any surfaces other than the glass.

You might be better off just wiping the lens with a damp sponge. That's what I do.

Sube

PJ1520
09-30-11, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a great idea. Now if you can figure out how I can get the camera to work while driving so I can check out the Blonde in the sports car following me, that would be great!!!

al.........add zoom to the enhancement list. :yup:

PJ

stevec5375
09-30-11, 09:13 PM
al.........add zoom to the enhancement list. :yup:

PJ

I wish they would add the ability to take a snapshot of the turd tailgating you. Here in central TX we have this huge "hurry up and wait crowd".

PJ1520
10-01-11, 01:03 AM
Steve.....a camera to take a snapshot of a tailgater sounds too benign. How about an aimable laser to burn holes clean through the guy's radiator?:lildevil:

PJ