: ZF Servotronic II Steering

tdogg5184
10-28-04, 08:48 PM
My question is, what is the difference between the standard variable assist steering and the ZF ServoTronic II. Is it more effort to steer like a sports car or a different ratio? Reason I am asking is because i want the AWD with navigation and V8 but am worried the ZF steering is gona be too sport tuned. My 2000 STS's steering is perfect, its a little heavier and more effort required than the Devilles and the SLS but not too much so where its like my Z28. Any help would be appreciated I have been so busy I havent even looked at one in person or driven one even though I am obsessed with the new STS. Thanks in advance.

CaddyFan2004
10-30-04, 12:10 PM
I drove both, there's a noticeable difference. The ZF steering has a more precise, tighter feel to it. It's got a little more effort, more like a BMW. I like the ZF steering better. It's hard to explain it, best bet is to drive both if you can.

tdogg5184
10-30-04, 03:18 PM
Alright thanks for the input, do you think it requires more effort than my 200 STS?

CaddyFan2004
10-30-04, 08:47 PM
Alright thanks for the input, do you think it requires more effort than my 200 STS?

I'd say yes, but you'll like it. It's not heavy - it's firm, and gives you a great sense of being connected to the road.