: my brougham is hard to start, Hesitates when you hit the gas and stalls sometimes.

lunchbawks
09-29-11, 07:50 PM
Hello all! i am looking for some help on troubleshooting my cars problem, It is a 95 fleetwood brougham, I recently put it on a code reader and it is throwing code 29, which is a secondary air pump fault, I followed the bulletin to bypass it and i am still encountering problems, The issue is that i am getting ready to sell the vehicle and would like to get this taken care of.

The car will not start unless i have my foot on the gas ALL THE WAY, then when it does start, it seems to run really poorly for about 10 seconds, then it starts revving up past normal RPMs, then when i am hitting the gas, it hesitates, and either dies, or gets a huge burst of power.

Someone had mentioned to me that it could be the fuel pressure regulator, or the catalytic converter is clogged. what i am wondering is if other people have had this problem and if there is a generic fix for it, or if someone can shed some light on the situation for me. Thanks ahead of time!

sven914
09-29-11, 08:33 PM
You can take the car to a shop and have the exhaust back pressure and the fuel pressure tested. That would tell you if either one of those components have failed.