Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Any Recent Trade In Luck?

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  RLJ676 
#1 ·
Has anyone gotten some decent offers for trade in recently? I'm toying w/ getting rid of my pride and joy to pay down some other toys.......and was curious if dealers are anywhere near NADA in general or well below.

Mine's a 2009 white, gray interior, Recaro's, Nav, sunroof, auto etc, 38.5k miles if anyone wants to throw some guess's at what it's worth feel free.

I have 20 forged wheels right now, I assume I'll have to be selling them myself if anyone is interested.....

#5 ·
That trade in is kind of what I would expect given my experience. KBB is 40.7 and NADA like 44 for trade in.

However the private party sure seems light, can't find anything remotely similar for $41K that I've seen and I wouldn't sell for that for quite a while.

#3 ·
Not Apples to Apples, but I traded an exceptionally clean, loaded, 2003 Aviator with only 50K on it for my V. NADA and KBB listed it at 13,250 for average trade in value. They offered $8500 and I finally got them up to $10,000...

They were more than happy to wheel & deal in other areas, but wouldn't budge on the trade in value of the Lincoln...

Just my $.02

#4 ·
Ouch, yeah that's not a good sign.

That's always been my experience is they want to completely screw you on trade. I was offered trade ins on a 08 vette that were $6k under what I sold it private party......at a price that moved it in 1 day w/ a line of about 5 buyers total.

#7 ·
Last August I traded my 2009 V sedan in on a 11V coupe. The sedan retailed new for $67000. The dealer gave me $49000. At the time the car had 8600 miles on it, and it was in excellent condition. I talked to another dealer about my deal, and the best they could offer was $46000. This was while I was waiting for the coupe to be built, and the second dealer doubted that the first dealer would honor it. They did.

I know the sedan was listed on their website well into the winter months, starting out at $55K, then $53K, then $51K, then $49K. It subsequently disappeared from the website but I don't know what the disposition was.

#10 ·
Do you recall what trade in was at the time? "Luckily" for me the used market has skyrocketed since last year, so what you could sell for then was actually less than now. Unlucky for me I'm looking for a 4 or 5 year old Sierra (something I can put half down on and payoff in a couple years) and the prices on them are outrageous! They're asking about as much now for a 2008 w/ over 60k miles as what it would have cost brand new in 08. I know because I bought a loaded 2500 for slightly more than these very used 1500's are priced.

#11 ·
The stick on here might be in high demand, as this is a more enthusiast group than even the normal order.

The real demand aligns likely w/ the number of sticks vs auto's ordered.....as it is an option for everyone so this artificial demand you keep talking about doesn't make sense to me.

G
#12 ·
I am talking about the used 2009 - up V market. The 6spd cars command a higher price and generally are on the market for the shortest amount of time. This is across the market, not just the classifieds here. This includes e-bay and auto trader as I have watched the values of these cars for about 2 years now. The automatics start off at higher prices and sit on the market for a long time. The 6spd. manual cars are what the market is driving since the cars are listed in the $53k-$48k range and sell through quickly.

#13 ·
I just checked some auction sites and it looks like 09's are going for low 40's with 20-25k miles. With your miles, I would assume 40 would be fair and they would retail it for 43-45. Selling it yourself will yield you more, but you will have to deal with alot of low ballers and people wanting to come drive your car. I would call used car managers at some local Caddy dealers and see if they are interested. They can certify it so the next buyer would have a 6 year/100k mile warranty. They will save on the auction fees and hopefully make a customer happy...

#14 ·
Thanks, that is about what I was figuring. However my point of negotiating with them would be I'm paying the ask on their truck as it is priced fair so they're making money on me that they don't buying at auction so I'd ask at least 42 at trade. Between the two then they'd make their money and I wouldn't feel hosed, or am I dreaming? I'm looking at a truck at Buick/GMC/Caddi place so they should be able to get a decent price on it, and possibly CPO it as you mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.