: New ( Used ) Owner

TexasCTSV
09-29-11, 12:16 PM
Just bought a 2009 CTS-V, Black on Black with all options available. Automatic. Loving the car, has been a dream since I first saw them. Traded in a 2008 G8 GT. Car has 30k miles and was a local owner, ended up paying 45k before TTL which I felt was fair considering the options and I knew where the car came from. Previous owner took very nice car of it, but the black has swirls so I have a few new Porter Cable pads coming from Adam's Polishes to knock them out. Also bought a new front fascia extender as he curbed it pretty nicely from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. The car has the polished wheels, and has a couple minor scrapes but I am not sure how to knock those out, or if they even can be.

I look forward to being here a while as I intend for the car to be an extended stay with me. I have modded pretty much every car I have previously owned, but I am very happy with the vehicle so far in terms of power. I have already priced out a Lingenfelter 2.55 pulley kit, heat exchanger and a 160 T-stat with a dyno tune from Texas Speed though..... I'm a sick man I am afraid.

jb_bgg
09-29-11, 05:21 PM
Congrats and welcome!

Cub Cadet
09-30-11, 07:12 AM
If you are going the pulley route for mod's, I would stay away from an upper pulley and go with a lower pulley. You will get better results and be happier with the outcome.

kirbyCTSV
09-30-11, 10:33 AM
If you are going the pulley route for mod's, I would stay away from an upper pulley and go with a lower pulley. You will get better results and be happier with the outcome.
you've mentioned this before...how are the results better with a lower pulley than upper? esp when weighing the cost of lower vs upper i dont see better results.

FLTRI
09-30-11, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the Cool Kids Club! Sounds like a very nice car, at a decent price.

My wife curbed the hell out of a wheel on my Lincoln (you don't think I'll admit to doing it myself, do you?) and I had it repaired, it came back perfect. There are many specialty wheel shops that can do the work. Google Alloy Wheel Repair, and you'll probably find one in your area...