: Interior parts swap from 88 Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance to 78 Sedan Deville???

lacville78
09-29-11, 06:00 AM
Hey,

I had a couple questions. I bought an 88 Fleetwood Brougham Sedan D'elegance mainly for the interior parts. As the interior is the same color in my 78 Sedan Deville. And I would like to upgrade my worn out cloth interior with the leather D'elegance interior thats in
good shape, minus a couple cracks on the passenger side bottom of the seat.

Anyhow I'm wondering

Will the carpet swap?
Will the door panels swap? I think the doors might be different, as the opera windows are different sizes, but maybe the interior door panel is the same.
Will the seats swap, without rewiring or modding anything?
And will the plastic trim that goes around the rear window swap?

Also vise versa, as I dont want to leave the 88 with no interior.

Thanks,
Tom

cadillac kevin
09-29-11, 09:53 AM
Tom.
the door panels, carpet, and seats will swap across. the seats may require you to swap bases to keep the proper wire connections. the plastic trim around the rear window probably won't swap since the rear windows (and c-pillars) changed in 1980 to a more formal look.

lacville78
09-29-11, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the help!

I guess I'll have to keep my eye out for the trim piece.

It appears the back window,has been replaced. And the trim piece looks like it was hit from buckshot from a shotgun. Ill have to upload pics one day.

csbuckn
09-29-11, 10:57 PM
Watch the seat controls, some controls are on the seat and some are on the door. The recline bottom was an issue on some seat swaps for me.

lacville78
09-29-11, 11:16 PM
Watch the seat controls, some controls are on the seat and some are on the door. The recline bottom was an issue on some seat swaps for me.

Awesome point, I can't believe that never even crossed my mind. I know the 88 has a swtich on the seat, while the 78 doesnt.
So I guess I would just do it all doorpanels, seats(the whole assembly) and carpet. Thanks for all the help

csbuckn
09-30-11, 12:23 AM
Look under the seats and see if the connections are the same. The controls on the seat just unplug and you might be able to plug in your original seat controls.