: On a time crunch and last minute, Parting Out my 04...

rangerrob
09-28-11, 09:04 PM
Mods, please don't delete, this should probably be in the classified section, but I figured I'd let everyone see it as this is such a SHORT NOTICE... (thanks in advance Jimmy) but I've had my V listed for a month and no one has been interested... was the asking price not fair? either way... this will be a sad weekend, but I'm getting an insane deal on trading in my 04 V and my 07 Denali for a 11 Denali... that being said, to offset some of the loss on the V I will be parting out whatever i can take off this weekend and return to stock form as the sales manager said he didn't care one bit. So if you see something on the list you want, and have cash + whatever shipping is (listed below, or make me a reasonable offer) along with stock parts to trade, and if you preferably live somewhat close to Indianapolis, i'm more than willing to help a fellow V owner w some mods (as long as I'm mechanically able to) so below i've got the parts listed that i'll have enough time to swap out (not sure on the headers, as I am not that mechanically inclined, if you are and you want them, feel free to come turn a wrench and get them!).

19" CCWs powdercoated Black Chrome ($2000.00 firm)

Kooks 1 3/4" Headers ($600 SALE PENDING)

Off Road Pipes (will give away w/ headers, would need catalytic converters to swap)

Corsa Catback Exhaust ($600 plus stock exhaust)

Lingenfelter CAI (filter just replaced a few weeks ago) ($125, I have the stock airbox and will swap this myself)

DSS Pro 1000hp Axles ($1300, i have the stockers already)

Hotchkis Swaybars w/ Z06 endlinks ($250, SALE PENDING)

BMR "V" Strut Tower Brace ($200, SALE PENDING)

Corvette Red FRCs ($100, SALE PENDING)

Katech II Shortthrow Shifter ($125, SALE PENDING)

UUC 2pc Front Slotted Rotors & UUC Rear Slotted Rotors ($400, will need your stock rotors in fair condition to swap)

"V" engraved Radio Knobs (Black Anodized) ($75, SALE PENDING)

Clear Fog lights and Turn Signals w/ leds ($150 and your stock housings)

I also have a set of the RC51 Motor Mounts (black) that I never installed ($200, SALE PENDING)

I'm not sure how much tune will affect the car if the intake, headers, and exhaust are swapped? eek. i'm not a gearhead so i don't know if it will start throwing codes or anything... any ideas? Anyways... PM ME if you are interested, asap. Thanks

ps. 10-4, clean out your inbox, tried sending you an PM but it was full

Rob

darkman
09-28-11, 09:24 PM
If you put the motor back to stock with an ECM tuned for headers it will run lean and may throw a code. The dealer can reflash the ECM to factory in about 5 minutes.

Also, I have a set of LS6 exhaust manifolds that I will never use. PM me if you need them (at no charge).

rand49er
09-28-11, 10:17 PM
Wow ... headers, Corsa, axles ... real sought-after stuff in that list. Can't recall just how many guys have asked about a set of used Kooks, but it's been several.

Sorry to see you go, Rob. You'll be back.

rangerrob
09-28-11, 10:28 PM
Wow ... headers, Corsa, axles ... real sought-after stuff in that list. Can't recall just how many guys have asked about a set of used Kooks, but it's been several.

Sorry to see you go, Rob. You'll be back.

Darkman,

I may take you up on that! as for my tune, i'm 90% sure speed inc. locked the tune, so i have no idea if the dealership would be able to reflash it to stock?

Randy,

Arnold said it best... "i'll be back"... ha. hopefully with a nice V2 next Spring! ps, your UUC flywheel is still running like a champ these days...

Everyone, I'll also have a consolidated list of stock parts that I will have left over sometime next week, i.e. that 50lb stock flywheel... i may use it as a paper weight

Rob

darkman
09-28-11, 10:36 PM
Darkman, I may take you up on that! as for my tune, i'm 90% sure speed inc. locked the tune, so i have no idea if the dealership would be able to reflash it to stock?

Let me know on the exhaust manifolds - I can ship tomorrow if need be.

On the tune, perhaps Twitch or someone will chime in. I think you cannot alter a locked tune but you completely wipe it out and replace it with another such as the factory tune.

2007ThunderV
09-28-11, 10:51 PM
iam interested in the kooks headers, but unfortunatley i dont have manifolds to give on trade... i would be doing the install over the winter when i do heads and a cam.

Faber
09-28-11, 11:02 PM
weird request, but do you have the owner's manual? For some reason I really want one...

rangerrob
09-28-11, 11:05 PM
Faber,

i do have the owner's manual, i'll double check on that one, as i could see the sales manager may want to keep that with the car. fyi: here is a link to pics of the radio knobs you requested, i can only send 2 pms an hour...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-appearance/154843-billet-door-locks-v-radio-knobs-8.html

erock087
09-29-11, 12:45 AM
Hey Im interested in motor mounts, sway bars, short throw if still available, and strut bar if still available.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
09-29-11, 12:48 AM
Interested in the sway bars/end links. What about the FG2s and Ground Control?

My email is andrew (dot) stevens85 (at) gmail (dot) com

erock087
09-29-11, 12:54 AM
I am trying send a pm but call me and idiot im not seeing the send a pm link nor can I find anywhere to create a new message so my email is e.kristoffersen87@gmail.com please send me an email im very interested in the parts

lunarx
09-29-11, 03:00 AM
Can you provide size and offset info for the wheels?

rangerrob
09-29-11, 10:37 AM
Replied to all questions via email/pm thus far.

Faber
09-29-11, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. Calling dibs on the Radio Knobs. I'm in Cincinnatti area so not too far away. I'll PM my email addy to figure out how to get you the loot and stock knobs. FYI - my stock knobs are peeling...

D.K
09-29-11, 01:09 PM
If you can land a set of stock exhaust manifolds, I'd definitely be interested in picking up those Kooks.

EdmundGTP
09-29-11, 01:23 PM
Killer deal on the headers. I'm tempted..

rangerrob
09-29-11, 02:53 PM
dk and edmund, i have a set of stock manifolds in route, PM me for details.

D.K
09-29-11, 03:03 PM
dk and edmund, i have a set of stock manifolds in route, PM me for details.

I don't think I have enough posts to PM yet. :(
If you're ready to sell the Kooks, I'll send out the money ASAP. Just let me know! :bouncy:

rangerrob
09-29-11, 03:16 PM
dk, my email is rtugurian (at) yahoo (dot) com, shoot me a quick email.

D.K
09-29-11, 04:16 PM
dk, my email is rtugurian (at) yahoo (dot) com, shoot me a quick email.

E-mail sent! :bouncy:

KING03
09-29-11, 04:58 PM
If the short shifter falls through let me know

rand49er
09-29-11, 06:17 PM
The axles, guys ... the axles! Sure he wants $1.3k, but I paid $1.6k, and they eliminate WH! Okay, maybe only 99% of WH. They're worth every penny!

My Corsa still looks brand new, and I'm sure Rob's looks the same. You can't get 'em any cheaper. Combined with the Kooks, they're perfect IMHO.

Rob, you got a pic of those CCWs? Post it up if you do.

JDB
09-29-11, 07:11 PM
YGM re: Ground Control + FG2

rangerrob
09-29-11, 09:03 PM
The axles, guys ... the axles! Sure he wants $1.3k, but I paid $1.6k, and they eliminate WH! Okay, maybe only 99% of WH. They're worth every penny!

My Corsa still looks brand new, and I'm sure Rob's looks the same. You can't get 'em any cheaper. Combined with the Kooks, they're perfect IMHO.

Rob, you got a pic of those CCWs? Post it up if you do.

I signed my V away earlier today, :*( but have until Monday to swap everything... Yup Corsa is in great shape, I polished the tips once every 2 weeks, lol... it'd be a shame to give it to the dealership... Pic as requested:

verywhitedevil
09-29-11, 09:03 PM
what about just the front UUC rotors?? i don't need rear. how many miles on them?? damn I love those rims. too bad it would take too long to sell my accessory rims.

rangerrob
09-29-11, 09:47 PM
what about just the front UUC rotors?? i don't need rear. how many miles on them?? damn I love those rims. too bad it would take too long to sell my accessory rims.

PM Me to figure it out, purchased the rotors new from Luke in May of 2010, they maybe have 12k miles on them with HPS pads, which minimized bite into the rotors (90% of which were accumulated during highway driving on my commute to/from work)

justintiime
09-30-11, 07:41 AM
I want those fuel rail covers if your sale falls through

JDB
09-30-11, 09:28 AM
Does anyone have a stock suspension to send to him? Possibly today? So that I can get his GC + FG2s. I can send you my stock suspension to put back on your shelf.

quikss
09-30-11, 10:15 AM
Damn I wish you had until next week, I would drive right to Indianapolis and trade exhausts and a few other parts with you right on the spot. Just no time this weekend to do it. I would love to get that corsa exhaust.

Jeff

quikss
09-30-11, 10:16 AM

If you are looking to sell stock GM accesory wheels, I would very much consider buying as long as they are in perfect shape and priced as used.

Jeff

rangerrob
09-30-11, 10:25 AM
Damn I wish you had until next week, I would drive right to Indianapolis and trade exhausts and a few other parts with you right on the spot. Just no time this weekend to do it. I would love to get that corsa exhaust.

Jeff

Jeff, send me an email, I'm trying to get a hold of the sales manager to give me more time to swap

DDS rollin a CTS
09-30-11, 07:57 PM
Shame to see we're loosing another Indy V. I'm planning on being at cars and coffee tomorrow, maybe you should come by to show yours off one last time. Let me know if theres any parts youre looking to sell that you havent found a buyer for yet, but it looks like you have a sale pending for everything i'd be interested in anyways.

rangerrob
09-30-11, 09:11 PM
Shame to see we're loosing another Indy V. I'm planning on being at cars and coffee tomorrow, maybe you should come by to show yours off one last time. Let me know if theres any parts youre looking to sell that you havent found a buyer for yet, but it looks like you have a sale pending for everything i'd be interested in anyways.

I would drive the V, but its currently on jackstands... pulled the suspension, strut tower brace, frcs, and rotors today, hitting it early to knock out the axles, sways, and intake... And for those of you interested in the exhaust i have until the end of next week before i take the V in, so i have a little more time to work things out with you, pm me to work out the details

maybe i'll roll the truck up there? have to go to the dealership again anyways because they installed my running boards on the wrong truck, :bigroll: lol... it's just North of cars and coffee, what time does that kick off?

DDS rollin a CTS
10-01-11, 07:37 AM
Starts around 10 and runs till noon usually.

AAIIIC
10-01-11, 08:50 AM
I sent you a couple emails from my work email yesterday, but of course now I'm not at work. I have a spare ECU sitting here at home that I bought at some point to get reflashed and then never used. It's for an '05, but I don't know if there's any functional difference between the '04 and '05 ECUs. If you want it (to alleviate your concerns about the car not running right with the headers removed), just shoot me a PM or email to n o r m 9 5 # e a r t h l i n k dot n e t.

rangerrob
10-01-11, 09:30 AM
Sir (AAIIIC), I'll fwd to your civi email.

Hamrhead
10-02-11, 05:15 PM
PM'd you.

rangerrob
10-02-11, 10:50 PM
Corsa Catback, DSS Pro Axles, UUC Rotors (front/back), and Clear Fogs are still available, pm me if interested.

s-cam
10-03-11, 12:14 AM
if the ccw's are still for sale shoot me an email at speedreaper@yahoo.ca

Definately interested.

Sheldon

texasseville
10-03-11, 11:21 AM
PM sent.....

JimmyH
10-03-11, 06:16 PM
Mods, please don't delete, this should probably be in the classified section

long time supporting members in good standing get a pass

JDB
10-03-11, 08:24 PM
Corsa Catback, DSS Pro Axles, UUC Rotors (front/back), and Clear Fogs are still available, pm me if interested.

Someone get those axles!

erock087
10-05-11, 06:55 PM
Just received the motor mounts I purchased from Rob last week, great guy to do business with and great deal for brand new parts! Thanks

raguncajn
10-06-11, 10:21 AM
I received the strut brace and FRCs yesterday. Great parts everything looks great! Thanks Rob.

V-Love
10-06-11, 03:09 PM
Getting rid of the trunk lid?

EdmundGTP
10-06-11, 04:30 PM
If for whatever reason your sale on the Kooks falls through, email me and I will take them. edmund(dot)alexander(at)gmail(dot)com

rangerrob
10-11-11, 12:30 AM
just threw in a stock suspension... the body roll... the softness... how the hell did I enjoy driving my car like this!!?? Makes me want to get rid of it even more... headers and exhaust are coming off tomorrow... still have the Lingenfelter CAI, Corsa Catback, and DSS Pro Axles (these have race CV option from Hendrix) available... PM me if you're interested...

CadzillaTN
10-11-11, 12:49 AM
Hahahah I thought the same thing when I took off my gc kit to ensure some warranty work would get done...

It listed like a ship in turns.. Not anymore, she's dry docked now.

dafoo102
10-11-11, 09:10 AM
Rob,

Are the wheels still available? Did you need a stock set in return? Do you have close up pictures that could be emailed?

10-4
10-14-11, 05:55 PM
thanks Rob. Good meeting you and the new truck looks awsome.

can't wait till next spring to put the wheels on....

rangerrob
10-21-11, 08:15 PM
check it out:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-parts/p8685-cts-v-parts-for-sale.html

rangerrob
12-08-11, 10:31 AM
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! still have my DSS Pro Axles... $1000.00 plus shipping, its a great Christmas present for your V this year!!!

9t8z28
12-12-11, 01:11 PM
I am interested in the shifter and V radio knobs if the sale falls through.

xbladr
12-13-11, 11:00 PM
What do you still have for sale rangerbob what is still available

rangerrob
12-14-11, 10:26 AM
Axles and CAI are the only items I have left.

JFensty
12-14-11, 08:54 PM
Tried to pm but you have reached your limit. Email me at jfensty77atgmaildotcom

DDS rollin a CTS
12-14-11, 09:44 PM
How did you like those Nitto Invo tires? I was looking at them the other day but not sure if they'd stand up to autocross duty.

xbladr
12-15-11, 05:40 AM
I will take the intake off of your hands PM me with paypal info.

Hellride
12-15-11, 06:27 AM
Hi, how many miles on the axles? Thanks

xbladr
12-20-11, 09:10 PM
Still waiting to hear back on the intake... let me know

I hate my AMG
12-22-11, 11:55 PM
if xbladr falls through on the intake please pm me

rangerrob
12-29-11, 06:38 PM
xbladr, just saw this traffic. i tried to pm you, but it won't work, even after I cleared out my pm box??? shoot me an email at: r t u g u r i a n AT y a h o o DOT c o m

jfensty please do the same and let me know what you were interested in.

hellride, bought the axles at the end of 2009, had them on the car for under 2yrs, i'd say they have a little over 12k miles on them. shoot me an email at the above address if you have any other questions.

ihatemyamg, i'll let you know if the CAI falls through.

DDS the Invo's lasted two years for me mainly on the road and a handful of autocross events. they had great grip when i first got them, but that faded over time. I was going to go with hankooks as my next set if i would've kept the car...

xbladr
12-29-11, 08:50 PM
Sending an email now :)