: 2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC Speakers?...

TURBOSCHILZ
09-28-11, 12:35 PM
Just purchased a 2000 Eldorado ESC, has the stock tape deck and speaker system, I understand this speaker system to contain 6 speakers (4 for the Bose system)... Any input on which speakers should be bought for you that have done this previously?... Otherwise I will be replacing the stock deck with a 7" touchscreen dvd/cd/gps type system...

Thanks guys...

vincentm
09-29-11, 08:58 PM
If you replace the deck just remember you'll lose the theft deterrent, bells and chimes, and steering wheel controls..all these are wired into the HU.

TURBOSCHILZ
10-03-11, 10:36 AM
Ouch, I guess I didn't realize that... Is there anything that can be done to keep all that good stuff yet still replacing the stock HU?...

N*Caddy
10-09-11, 09:29 PM
I don't know what you got against the original HU, you can do this (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/108708-auxiliary-input-seville-deville-catera-direct-3.html#post2738972) and listen to any music you like.

TURBOSCHILZ
10-12-11, 03:50 PM
So is this aux input addition the same for non-Bose and Bose?... Is there a particular part number that you're using for the aux jack?...

N*Caddy
10-13-11, 10:22 PM
I posted a link where to purchase from in one of the AUX thread. HERE YOU GO. (http://www.newark.com/switchcraft/35rapc4bhn2/connector-phono-jack-3way/dp/96F9607)

TURBOSCHILZ
10-19-11, 10:02 AM
Thanks a bunch N*Caddy... You are the man...

pizzano
10-27-11, 04:08 AM
I also have a 2000 Eldo ESC and would like to plug in my ipod, where do you install the aux switch that you have pictured, any pics of your installation would be great.

Also if you want to change the head unit you can get the adaptor taht keeps the chimes , onstar, steering wheel controls, Crutchfield is a great place to get total packages that utilize the Bose speakers, and if you buy a HU they supply alot of free stuff you need (din frame, attena adaptor, and there Metra adaptors are half the price of others.

N*Caddy
10-29-11, 07:33 AM
Post #4 provides you a link how to do it and post #6 provides you a link what and where to buy.
There is no AUX switch, is all in the connector, you plug your iPod in and the HU mutes and you can hear now the iPod (should be clear from the link on post #4), is that simple.
You don't want to replace the original HU, trust me on this one.