: Any north jersey - rockland county NY dealers that are mod friendly?

ndobaria
09-27-11, 04:03 PM
I went to Mahwah Cadillac - asked them about mods

Intake - They said will void the warranty
headers/ exhaust - most likely will void the warranty

any tuning will void the warranty (the tech told me he can find out immediately if there was anything on the car)

and they said any type of suspension work will void the warranty (which I figured)

I do spend a lot of time in Northern Virginia - But rather have a dealership up here that is somewhat mod friendly.

JOEYCTS-V
09-27-11, 04:33 PM
That's ridiculous. I wish I could help but the only dealers I know are on LI.

Speedtrapped
09-27-11, 04:38 PM
what about orourke? in smithtown

ndobaria
09-27-11, 11:26 PM
would be way too far from me... Im in Bergen County NJ - This holds me up quite a bit - I want to mod the car (have parts in the garage) but really do not want to lose my warranty.

JOEYCTS-V
09-27-11, 11:34 PM
What parts do you have?

CadillacKid12
09-28-11, 02:19 PM
if your from jersey,

come join out northeast meet and greet october 23rd at Englishtown all day we will be there, 41 cars
pm for details

youknooow
09-29-11, 12:27 PM
I went to Mahwah Cadillac - asked them about mods

Intake - They said will void the warranty
headers/ exhaust - most likely will void the warranty

any tuning will void the warranty (the tech told me he can find out immediately if there was anything on the car)

and they said any type of suspension work will void the warranty (which I figured)

I do spend a lot of time in Northern Virginia - But rather have a dealership up here that is somewhat mod friendly.

your new vehicle warranty is not voided when you make modifications, the warranty is only voided on the modified part.

ndobaria
09-29-11, 06:15 PM
your new vehicle warranty is not voided when you make modifications, the warranty is only voided on the modified part.

I completely understand that --- only problem is the local dealer doesn't understand that.

have d3 intake, buying sw headers/exhaust combo, Hennessy heat exchanger... for now.
Not going to touch the pullies - I know thatll void everything

btw Cadillackid - I am coming to the meet and greet -

CadillacKid12
09-29-11, 07:06 PM
btw Cadillackid - I am coming to the meet and greet -

awesome dude.. u just made my day!!!!!

sorry i couldnt help with the thread questions but i will look forward to meeting you....

have a good day

smackdownCTSV
09-29-11, 07:40 PM
Call around and then visit them personally. Just don't go there complaining about squeaking or blown struts with an aftermarket suspension. The intake is fine. Headers? Probably not. If you go there for wheel click tsb or sunroof tsb, they won't deny service. If you go there for blown gaskets or engine knocking, then expect to be denied.