: year to year differences?

Aurora40
09-27-11, 10:17 AM
I did some searching but couldn't find a list of differences. However, I found a few. The reason I ask is I stumbled on an '06 XLR-V at a local BMW dealership yesterday. After selling my Corvette earlier this year, I've been on the lookout for something interesting with some kind of X factor. Anyway, seeing that red XLR-V in the parking lot got me thinking about them. And I wondered what had changed since the '06 debuted.

It looks like sometime, possibly MY 08, the HUD became three color vs the blue-only of the early cars? Is that right?

It also looks like MY 08 the steering wheel changed, and possibly became heated.

And '09 has some appearance change, though I'm not a huge fan of the chrome vent thing.

What else is there?

Edit: Ok, I'll try to compile a list, please chime in with any corrections or additional info:

- V is brand new
- Adaptive forward lighting is new to the XLR?

- ??

- New steering wheel w/ heat
- revised Magnetic Ride Control
- Optional chrome wheels

- New front and rear fascia, fender vents
- Alcantara™ headliner material now on XLR-V
- Leather-wrapped upper instrument panel
- New instrument cluster trim rings and graphics
- New power window switches
- New wood grain trim: Black Olive Ash Burl
- New metal trim: Bermuda

Aurora40
09-27-11, 11:12 AM
Oh, sounds like the adaptive forward lighting happened in '08 also?

reciprocity
09-27-11, 03:11 PM
The XLR-V Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xlr-v#XLR-V) might be helpful. This is a great question; I'm curious to see what others post.

Aurora40
09-27-11, 03:22 PM
That article seems to only mention the '09 changes. And at that, I believe the steering wheel part is wrong. It seems like '08 had the most content changes (possibly) and '09 had the most appearance changes?

ccclarke
10-08-11, 06:36 PM
Adaptive headlamps were first introduced in '06, along with the V model. The heated, pillow-looking steering wheel arrived in '08.
CC