: Flickering lights?

m0ng0
09-27-11, 01:23 AM
Dash lights, headlights, fog lights, brake lights, information center lights, dome lights, radio lights......they ALL flicker any ideas on this ?

Also I got a clunking under my feet as in drivers side near the pedals that comes and goes, usually it appears when the road gets unsettled.

Also is there a way to pull the codes without using the info center? Mine is not functioning properly so I cannot pull the codes, is there another way ?

Cheers all and I gotta say I just love this damn car !

KrisK
09-27-11, 11:26 PM
not sure but the flickering lights sound like bad grounds.

m0ng0
09-27-11, 11:52 PM
behind/under the dash kind of bad grounds? i am going to do the front brakes this weekend so maybe I find something broken or loose to make that clunking sound ....fingers crossed

KrisK
09-28-11, 08:54 PM
Put the front end on stands and get under there and give it a good look see. Grab each wheel and shake hard. As for the grounds, check your FSM, start with common grounds to the lights and go from there.

m0ng0
10-01-11, 06:37 PM
well solved the chuggle with 2 new coil packs, runs like a bat out of hell now ! Any ideas on how to run onboard diagnostics when the normal way wont work? it works once in a blue moon but 9 times out of 10 it wont :((((((

Johnny_Buchanan
10-06-11, 11:44 AM
^
If DIC is not working you can try to pull codes with scanner. Pop in to a shop near you if you don't have one.

-J

m0ng0
07-05-12, 05:06 PM
Flickering lights (thruout the entire car) solved with a new alternator, front end issues were related to a bad wheel bearing!