: Yay, no more tire noise!

Aurora40
09-26-11, 10:43 PM
The constant howl of the KDW's finally pushed me over the edge. They still had 4/32" of tread left but they really were obnoxious inside the car. So I swapped them out for these:

http://aurora40.dyndns.org/cadi/super_sport.jpg

Not only do they not howl down the road, they haven't made a peep yet when I've hustled it around sharp turns. Even giving it gas around a 90-degree right hander they haven't stepped out. The previous tires would always kick in the traction control if I did that. I've only just gotten them, but so far I am impressed.

kevm14
09-26-11, 11:01 PM
Oh yeah, they have limits. I got wear on them basically all the way to the edge of the tread (which sort of wraps around onto the sidewall a bit).

But it's true - these are world class tires, and worth every penny (first value buy that is a Michelin).

rand49er
09-26-11, 11:11 PM
Got mine on the car last Friday and just turned over 115 miles late this afternoon. Love 'em.

Took an on ramp yesterday, not at the limit but got close. Felt great ... glued.

My GSD3s, with only about 6-8k miles on them, can't hold a candle to these fine tires. Far more quiet and very responsive.

They need more "testing." :lildevil:

Sullyfx
09-28-11, 12:34 AM
PSS's are great, but I have a set of KDW's and I love them.. No howl at all.... What tread design did you have? The regular, or the flame style? JC

Twitch
09-28-11, 09:04 AM
I think Michelin's gonna corner the market in this category. Their cheaper and supposed to last longer.
On my short list for sure. And the only reason I'm considering another tire is the damn roads in NY.

More feedback, please :thumbsup:

lollygagger8
09-28-11, 09:44 AM
My old set were KDW's and my new set are KDW's......no howl on either set. Weird.

Aurora40
09-28-11, 10:31 AM
PSS's are great, but I have a set of KDW's and I love them.. No howl at all.... What tread design did you have? The regular, or the flame style? JC
KDW 2's, the "flame" style. They were reasonably loud when I got them w/ 6-7/32nds on them (got them used, came on a set of wheels I was buying for winter use). They were quite loud by the time they wore down to 4/32nds. Do you have a loud exhaust? Maybe you just can't hear them over it... ;)

I had the SS's in the pouring rain yesterday and they seemed quite competent. I hit the brakes pretty hard a couple times to see how they did in the rain, seemed great. I've only put a few miles on them though at this point, maybe like 10 miles.

thebigjimsho
09-28-11, 02:07 PM
So jealous...

rand49er
09-28-11, 03:07 PM
... More feedback, please :thumbsup:If you New Yorkers would take this stupid low pressure area from the Great Lakes region that's been sitting here for days and days, maybe it would stop raining and I'd give you some ^#*&@# feedback! :mad2:

thebigjimsho
09-28-11, 03:16 PM
It was supposed to rain everyday but Sunday from late last week all through this week. It wasn't so bad on Friday and all our rain came overnight into Saturday morning. It's been clear and beautiful ever since...

Sullyfx
09-28-11, 05:05 PM
I also have the KDW 2's, and muffler delete.... but most of that noise is out back. I have heard mixed reviews on these, so I suppose we will see.