: Good deal?

Samboosa
10-28-04, 02:05 PM
Brand new 2004 escalade for $47,520
OR
2005 for $51,480

Both AWD with the exact options.

Any important changes between the two? Any difference in quality?

Is it worth paying the extra $4,000 for the 2005 or is the 2004 a good deal?

T_Dogg8
10-28-04, 03:17 PM
nav??

Samboosa
10-28-04, 03:51 PM
No. Just BOSE with 9 speakers.

If 2005 had NAV it would be worth the $4k?

MRG
10-28-04, 04:23 PM
I was going through the same thing before I purchased my 05' Plantium Edition.

Here is a good website to do a side-by-side comparison
Hope it helps... :thumbsup:

http://www.theautochannel.com/newcardb/comparetrims.html?trimid=15394&trimid=12698

Samboosa
10-28-04, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the post. Congrats on the new truck!

The only difference I found on your site is the "Power Seat Adjusts 14 Ways Total" instead of 10.

To me, that doesn't justify the $4k still. I know the 2004 has a good price as 2005 are here, but if there is no difference at all between the two except for the power seats and the nav then since they both don't have nav I think the 2004 should be a smarter choice.

I am more worried about problems in 2004 that are more likely to be fixed in 2005.

notinblue
10-28-04, 06:26 PM
Being as your buying the 04 I would suggest playing thre waiting game. Show interest and leave a home number you wont answer but instead check messages. Its amazing how bad they want to sell the last few trucks. You might get an even better deal than you think. :D

Samboosa
10-28-04, 06:42 PM
Being as your buying the 04 I would suggest playing thre waiting game. Show interest and leave a home number you wont answer but instead check messages. Its amazing how bad they want to sell the last few trucks. You might get an even better deal than you think. :D

There is only 1 dealer where I live. And this is the LAST escalade they have! Not even the color I want, it's BLACK!

Tjay
10-28-04, 09:37 PM
Get what you want, keep in mind for 1500 or so you can get touch screen nav with dvd etc.

T_Dogg8
10-29-04, 07:39 AM
the nav wouldn't be worth 4k, but just having a newer truck would be nice. remember, 3 years from now if you try to sell it, noone will care that you bought your 04 brand new after 05s were out. all they'll see is an 04 and most likely it'll be worth slightly less. i'd just add in the extra 1500 for a total of 5500 and get the 05 with nav.

Samboosa
10-29-04, 01:42 PM
Thanks all for the help. Even thought I do not really give resale price that much importance I think I will go for the 2005 :thumbsup:

Sta11ion
10-29-04, 03:45 PM
Stay away from the truck, buy a lexus. Believe me, I know this is a cadillac forum, and i have recently been putting a negative feedback on these trucks. But please understand the situtation I have been involved with my trunk, I just would like to let others be aware of the faults that have occured to me and I what others to realize that this can happen to them. Also the service from GMCANADA regarding the repairs of this truck.

Samboosa
10-29-04, 08:28 PM
Stay away from the truck, buy a lexus. Believe me, I know this is a cadillac forum, and i have recently been putting a negative feedback on these trucks. But please understand the situtation I have been involved with my trunk, I just would like to let others be aware of the faults that have occured to me and I what others to realize that this can happen to them. Also the service from GMCANADA regarding the repairs of this truck.

The thing is I am trading in my 04 SRX with an 05 Escalade. I am sick myself with all the problems with the SRX but I understand its a very early build and I personally think its a lemon (since I know a number of people with SRX's of the same build and have none of the problems I'm facing). I can't trade the 04 with a 05 because 05's here are only V6. 04's were V8.

The reason why I'm choosing the Escalade is because I think it's quite a mature product. Alot less problems. And I will need a truck to drive in the bad roads and "deserts" around.

The only vehicle that interests me in the Lexus is the LX470. Which is way more expensive and I can't afford it at the moment. The GX470 is not sold here (I have no idea why). And I am not interested in the sedans or even the RX330 with it's stiff ride (doesn't feel like a luxury car at all). I would only think of a Toyota Land Cruiser instead of the Escalade. But if reliability is almost the same between the two then the Escalade would be a much wiser choice (comfort, power, roominess.. etc) basically it is luxury.

I live in the middle east and my personal experience with the dealers around here is quite good. The dealer in my country is actually very cooperative.

Xrayqueen
10-30-04, 11:59 AM
The thing is I am trading in my 04 SRX with an 05 Escalade. I am sick myself with all the problems with the SRX but I understand its a very early build and I personally think its a lemon (since I know a number of people with SRX's of the same build and have none of the problems I'm facing). I can't trade the 04 with a 05 because 05's here are only V6. 04's were V8.

The reason why I'm choosing the Escalade is because I think it's quite a mature product. Alot less problems. And I will need a truck to drive in the bad roads and "deserts" around.

The only vehicle that interests me in the Lexus is the LX470. Which is way more expensive and I can't afford it at the moment. The GX470 is not sold here (I have no idea why). And I am not interested in the sedans or even the RX330 with it's stiff ride (doesn't feel like a luxury car at all). I would only think of a Toyota Land Cruiser instead of the Escalade. But if reliability is almost the same between the two then the Escalade would be a much wiser choice (comfort, power, roominess.. etc) basically it is luxury.

I live in the middle east and my personal experience with the dealers around here is quite good. The dealer in my country is actually very cooperative.
I have a Landcruiser and an Escalade. I would definitely go with the Escalade. The Landcruiser feels like a pick-up truck compared to the quietness and nice feel of the Escalade IMO.
Peace :)

fast66
10-30-04, 10:06 PM
I have a Landcruiser and an Escalade. I would definitely go with the Escalade. The Landcruiser feels like a pick-up truck compared to the quietness and nice feel of the Escalade IMO.
Peace :)

The are changing the land cruiser next year, also the lx470. They are comign out with new designs. personally I think the ride quality in the land cruiser is better than the escalade. But I have 24's on the escalade and 22's on the land cruiser.