: 2010 Sport Mode Shift Delay

lsandli
09-26-11, 03:51 PM
Has anyone experienced a delay in upshift when in the sport mode, especially from 1st to 2nd gear? My 2010 2wd SRX will hit the rev limiter if I do not upshift by 6000 RPM because of the delay in shift. The dealer says that it was not designed to be driven like that and I responded, so why did they provide the sport mode option if I can not control the shift. It does not make sense to me that the tranny will not shift exactly when I hit the gear shift.

99ssconv
09-26-11, 09:12 PM
From your owners manual:

Manual Mode

Driver Shift Control (DSC)

Notice: Driving with the engine at a high rpm without upshifting while using Driver Shift Control (DSC), could damage the vehicle. Always upshift when necessary while using DSC.

Driver Shift Control (DSC) allows you to shift an automatic transmission similar to a manual transmission. To use the DSC feature:

Move the shift lever to the left from D (Drive) to M (Manual Mode).

If you do not move the shift lever forward or rearward, the vehicle will be in Sport Mode. When you are in Sport Mode the vehicle will still shift automatically. The transmission may remain in a gear longer than it would in the normal driving mode based on braking, throttle input, and vehicle lateral acceleration.

An S will be displayed in the DIC.

Within Sport Mode there is a further performance feature called Performance Mode Lift Foot (PMLF) Mode. The feature is activated automatically when sports oriented driving is detected, based on cornering and on/off throttle application. PMLF allows the transmission to hold the current gear instead of upshifting when the throttle is lifted.

To enter M (Manual Mode), press the shift lever forward to upshift or rearward to downshift.

An M will be displayed in the DIC.